Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    But you never answer direct question.
    i try to answer all the questions i can, some concerning our proprietary processes, formulas and construction methods i will not answer.
    some questions i believe are only put out there to illicit a confrontation or argumentative response - i try not to bite on them,
    Answering this question might be my only exception to that rule,

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    i try to answer all the questions i can, some concerning our proprietary processes, formulas and construction methods i will not answer.
    some questions i believe are only put out there to illicit a confrontation or argumentative response - i try not to bite on them,
    Answering this question might be my only exception to that rule,
    Well we need a sticky for asking you questions then.
    But since you are answering questions.
    Have you test drive a 1880 with the E-Tec 135 and compared it to the 115? What did you think? I haven’t found a dealer anywhere that had a 1880 with a 135 on it. Are the dealers shying away from ordering that set up or will we see more for the 2020’s like that?

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    We will continue building with 135hp on the AVX1880 platform, and this might very well be the most responsive boat in our line up.
    it will run a 5 to 10 mph faster than the 115 model. The 1880 being a 18’10 it is still a big bodied boat.

I have not kept up on dealer preferences but I know most people that are looking at a AVX1880 are usually trying to balance boat preference with dollars spent. I will happy to put you in touch with with one of the guys that knows dealers and inventories a lot better than me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    We will continue building with 135hp on the AVX1880 platform, and this might very well be the most responsive boat in our line up.
    it will run a 5 to 10 mph faster than the 115 model. The 1880 being a 18’10 it is still a big bodied boat.

I have not kept up on dealer preferences but I know most people that are looking at a AVX1880 are usually trying to balance boat preference with dollars spent. I will happy to put you in touch with with one of the guys that knows dealers and inventories a lot better than me.
    thanks. In one month I’m officially looking to trade in and buy. The woman just finished school and is starting a job Sept 3rd. I’m just waiting till then to make a move. I’ll no longer be the only one paying bills. It’s gonna be great.

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Sounds like a great time to be alive !
    congrats to the wife and good like with the new “toy” purchase !

Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    Well we need a sticky for asking you questions then.
    But since you are answering questions.
    Have you test drive a 1880 with the E-Tec 135 and compared it to the 115? What did you think? I haven’t found a dealer anywhere that had a 1880 with a 135 on it. Are the dealers shying away from ordering that set up or will we see more for the 2020’s like that?
    The 1880 w/ the 135 is a badass setup no doubt. I agree 100% with Sclark, this is prob the most responsive boat/setup in their lineup. I test drove one before going with the my 1980. I was very impressed with the overall performance. It'll run with 1980, just a few MPH less on the top end. The only reason I went with the 1980 was that I liked the deck layout better and I wanted the front cooler. Hindsight though, I could have added more to it and put better graphs on it and still paid less. I think that is why guys are dialing in on the 1880's, besides after all it is just shy of a 19' boat.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

7. Member
    Yes, the 1980’s cooler was the thing for me as well and I have to say it is a great cooler. It’s like having a small Yeti in the boat. We fish long days and in hot weather, so the 18 waters on ice assure us we are not going to run out. With apples and yes even bananas on top of the ice for energy. The 1880 & 1980 perform nearly identical on the water in rough or smooth conditions. The extra speed is nice at times, but to be honest we run in the high 40s & low 50s most of the time. Either boat is a great choice, and with the Evinrude G2 115hp and Yamaha 115hp available it adds to the 1880’s options for 2020.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Yes, the 1980’s cooler was the thing for me as well and I have to say it is a great cooler. It’s like having a small Yeti in the boat. We fish long days and in hot weather, so the 18 waters on ice assure us we are not going to run out. With apples and yes even bananas on top of the ice for energy. The 1880 & 1980 perform nearly identical on the water in rough or smooth conditions. The extra speed is nice at times, but to be honest we run in the high 40s & low 50s most of the time. Either boat is a great choice, and with the Evinrude G2 115hp and Yamaha 115hp available it adds to the 1880’s options for 2020.

Right there with ya. I typically run in the upper 40's/low 50's. When my wife and daughter are with me(a lot during the summer) I normally have the cruise set at no more than 40. Occasionally I will run up to WOT but it performs so well in the mid range. That just seems to be the super sweet spot on these boats They G2 isn't even trying and you can hold a conversation while running from spot to spot. Knowing what I know now about the Vexus lineup. If I was wanting to buy a Vexus, it would be super tough to decide on which boat to get as I understand the advantages/disadvantages to each model. Having said this, the 1880 w/ 135 I think, this might be the best overall value because you put a ton of extras on it and really deck it out(PP's etc) but still be able run comfortably at 50MPH and spend the same as a decently rigged 1980. The petty annoyance for me though would be adding the 2 stroke oil in the power box. The integrated tank on the G2 makes life a whole lot easier and has spoiled me(even though it literally sips the oil). I have only used about a gallon in 7 months, fishing damn near every weekend.

9. Member
    That's a whole lot of money for a cooler, considering I use one of the aft boxes for just that, and you can put a ton of drinks in the thing "Big Yeti". As far as putting the oil in the power box, all I do is lift the lid, take off the cap and add the oil, it sits right in the middle of the box, and I am sure it is done with the break-in (double oiling), I really can not tell that it has used hardly any oil at all. The sweet spot on this motor is around 45, and my boat is loaded down pretty good, which is one thing I noticed about this motor, it's really not load sensitive. Next season I will put lithium's in it and see if that effects it any.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    That's a whole lot of money for a cooler, considering I use one of the aft boxes for just that, and you can put a ton of drinks in the thing "Big Yeti". As far as putting the oil in the power box, all I do is lift the lid, take off the cap and add the oil, it sits right in the middle of the box, and I am sure it is done with the break-in (double oiling), I really can not tell that it has used hardly any oil at all. The sweet spot on this motor is around 45, and my boat is loaded down pretty good, which is one thing I noticed about this motor, it's really not load sensitive. Next season I will put lithium's in it and see if that effects it any.
    It wasn't just the cooler but also the deck layout swayed me. I looked very hard at them and even had the final build order done. But changed directions when I started thinking about all the crap I have(even though I use 20%) of it. But, like I said there is no doubt 1880 w/ 135 is an awesome setup and prob the best overall value with the performance you cant get out of it. You can put 2 12" ti's on it, PP's, JP etc still come under what I paid for my moderately rigged 1980. But I needed the storage, oh and had to have that front cooler.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    It wasn't just the cooler but also the deck layout swayed me. I looked very hard at them and even had the final build order done. But changed directions when I started thinking about all the crap I have(even though I use 20%) of it. But, like I said there is no doubt 1880 w/ 135 is an awesome setup and prob the best overall value with the performance you cant get out of it. You can put 2 12" ti's on it, PP's, JP etc still come under what I paid for my moderately rigged 1980. But I needed the storage, oh and had to have that front cooler.
    Was offered a 1980 with a Merc150L with the victor package for 33K today. Bow and console electronics. Not what I wanted but I may not be able to pass this up.

Was offered a 1980 with a Merc150L with the victor package for 33K today. Bow and console electronics. Not what I wanted but I may not be able to pass this up.

About $10K-$12k less than a brand new boat. That is <1 year old. Seems to be about what the resale market is on the 1980's right now.

13. Member
    About $10K-$12k less than a brand new boat. That is <1 year old. Seems to be about what the resale market is on the 1980's right now.
    It is brand new.

It is brand new.

Brand new 1980 for $33K with graphs?? You better buy it. That is a steal!! What dealer is selling it at that price point??

15. Member
    Brand new 1980 for $33K with graphs?? You better buy it. That is a steal!! What dealer is selling it at that price point??
    Not gonna say right now. West of Louisiana though

16. Member
    Whoa...that's an attractive offer right there.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

17. Member
    Can someone tell me what the L in 150L means with Mercury? Does it mean long shaft? And is that normal for the 1980? I've only owned yamahas.

Seems like I remember Ranger having boats at the boat shows with MSRP over 100k. When Vexus has a show price MSRP in the 80’s, you are now comparing that price to actual sale prices of Rangers at dealers. No one did that with Rangers saying, wow Rangers are 100k, but I can get a Triton out the door for 70k. What are the real world prices of the boats with comparable options? Thats what matters.
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

19. Member
    Can someone tell me what the L in 150L means with Mercury? Does it mean long shaft? And is that normal for the 1980? I've only owned yamahas.
    The "L" designation is for a 20" shaft which is standard for bass boats. An "XL" designation is for a 25" shaft which is more widely used on saltwater boats.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

20. Member
    it was smith motor company in Hattiesburg,Ms. picked her up this morning. Last 2019 they had.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast