Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Completely agree, they've now put out production boats, I want to see the full specs including the weight. I suspect the hulls are lighter than similar hulls, however the seat pedestals and the EVA material and heavy duty lids, etc.. will add weight and may somewhat offset the hull weight savings, but time will eventually hopefully reveal this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Saw on the new VX21 video Ryan did that it is one of the marketing points "lighter, stronger, faster smoother". Would also be curious of the specs.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

2. Member
    The VX21 we ran this past weekend, 2 guys, tournament tackle, half fuel, livewells full of water and fish topped out at 72 mph.

How big were the fish?? lol
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Those are some beautiful boats

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Curious why Vexus entered the market where they did with the price. Ranger 521L w/ the Ranger Cup Package runs right around $78K on the Ranger build page. VX21 rigged pretty much the same was listed at $89K at the classic. Across the board they are ~$10K+ higher than similarly rigged competitor boats. You would think if you want people to make the change to Vexus you would want to be competitive with what they are currently running. When comparing new to new, price does play a factor. BCB, Ranger, Skeeter etc all perform awesome and have proven their selling price. What is the difference or added value(air ride, live well)??

The AVX is right in line with competitor boats like Ranger, Xpress etc. In time, I think they are going to very well in this market. Undoubtedly an industry leader.
    Last edited by tghtlines; 08-19-2019 at 09:40 AM.

6. Member
    Actually, I was told the VX20 is right at $90k at the boat show in Dallas, I suspect the VX21 will be a bit more. I don't believe that includes powerpoles either.
    Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    Curious why Vexus entered the market where they did they did with the price. Ranger 521L w/ the Ranger Cup Package runs right around $78K on the Ranger build page. VX21 rigged pretty much the same was listed at $89K at the classic. Across the board they are ~$10K+ higher than similarly rigged competitor boats. You would think if you want people to make the change to Vexus you would want to be competitive with what they are currently running. When comparing new to new, price does play a factor. BCB, Ranger, Skeeter etc all perform awesome and have proven their selling price. What is the difference or added value(air ride, live well)??

The AVX is right in line with competitor boats like Ranger, Xpress etc. In time, I think they are going to very well in this market. Undoubtedly an industry leader.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

The VX20 was close in price to the VX21 at the classic but it had a G2 on the back. Both the VX20 & 21 had PP's on them. But if you look at what the cup package offers, it is very similar. The 520L w/ cup package compared to the VX20 rigged close to each other is about $12K less. I know the Vexus group is a very seasoned group in the boat industry and know more than I do about their business plan and the market. But as the guy who would be buying one(which I am not, went with the AVX), I don't see the added value to choose a Vexus over several other competitor brands, based on the price and options.

8. Member
    Curious why Vexus entered the market where they did with the price. Ranger 521L w/ the Ranger Cup Package runs right around $78K on the Ranger build page. VX21 rigged pretty much the same was listed at $89K at the classic. Across the board they are ~$10K+ higher than similarly rigged competitor boats. You would think if you want people to make the change to Vexus you would want to be competitive with what they are currently running. When comparing new to new, price does play a factor. BCB, Ranger, Skeeter etc all perform awesome and have proven their selling price. What is the difference or added value(air ride, live well)??

I felt the same way, I was going to get one of the first glass boats, the price was not what I thought it would be plus there were just a couple things about the boat that I did not like. I plan on checking them out again next year, if they make a few modifications I may be a buyer.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I felt the same way, I was going to get one of the first glass boats, the price was not what I thought it would be plus there were just a couple things about the boat that I did not like. I plan on checking them out again next year, if they make a few modifications I may be a buyer.
    LOL, with what you have coming, you will never buy another brand!

I didn't say anything about the "curb appeal" as this is a personal preference. Kind of like the AVX, in my opinion it is hands down the best looking tin boat on the market. However, I can't say the same for the VX. Not ugly but I guess to be nice you would say "it has a nice personality". More likely than not an awesome performing boat but so is a Ranger, BCB etc. The new Skeeter FXR Apex is a real head turner. Rarely would I compliment a Skeeter but they did a great job with this boat. That is what I expected Vexus to do with their glass line. They set the table with some fine china on the AVX and then served pizza as the entree. I do think they hit the mark with DVX though. That is a beast of boat and very well designed. All a matter of a opinion though as new or potential VX owners will say it is prettiest boat on the water. But all parents say that about their kids too.

Add all this together with the price, what is the "X" factor(s) on the VX? Vexus priced the AVX right in line with the top end competition and it has the looks to get peoples attention.

when are some of the Smaller Glass boats going to be out?

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

I didn't say anything about the "curb appeal" as this is a personal preference. Kind of like the AVX, in my opinion it is hands down the best looking tin boat on the market. However, I can't say the same for the VX. Not ugly but I guess to be nice you would say "it has a nice personality". More likely than not an awesome performing boat but so is a Ranger, BCB etc. The new Skeeter FXR Apex is a real head turner. Rarely would I compliment a Skeeter but they did a great job with this boat. That is what I expected Vexus to do with their glass line. They set the table with some fine china on the AVX and then served pizza as the entree. I do think they hit the mark with DVX though. That is a beast of boat and very well designed. All a matter of a opinion though as new or potential VX owners will say it is prettiest boat on the water. But all parents say that about their kids too.

Add all this together with the price, what is the "X" factor(s) on the VX? Vexus priced the AVX right in line with the top end competition and it has the looks to get peoples attention.
    The automobile finish did it in for me. I am imagining every scratch known to mankind appearing on the hull, just like a car. I will stick with gelcoat.
    2018 Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S
    15" Solix console
    12" Solix on the bow
    Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate

Quote Originally Posted by gsb0824 View Post
    The automobile finish did it in for me. I am imagining every scratch known to mankind appearing on the hull, just like a car. I will stick with gelcoat.
    Has anyone ever said what kind or brand of paint they are using..? Did I miss that..?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    They are shipping out the door as we speak (or text, or message or whatever you call this , we have pile of pre-sold orders that are going to get their boats first, so those are the ones we are concentrating on right now.
    i will see if i can get some pictures.
    Are you an employee? Are they shipping out Aluminum models too? I don't like asking my dealer because it's hard to get a straight answer.

15. Member
    Good dealer you got there haha

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Good dealer you got there haha
    They want to sell what they have there

17. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    Are you an employee? Are they shipping out Aluminum models too? I don't like asking my dealer because it's hard to get a straight answer.
    Yes I work at Vexus Boats.
    Yes we are shipping out aluminum boats,
    Yes we are also shipping out Fiberglass Boats.

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    LOL, with what you have coming, you will never buy another brand!
    LOL, I hope you are right but I am getting older and the need for speed may go away.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Yes I work at Vexus Boats.
    Yes we are shipping out aluminum boats,
    Yes we are also shipping out Fiberglass Boats.
    But you never answer direct question.

20. Member
    Answers seemed pretty direct.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast