Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kissimmee area questions

have a very good friend vacationing in that area in a week and he asked me about good lakes in the area. He fishes out of a small topper.Any info for him would be greatly appreciated, also any good guides for salt water ?

Thanks Jazz.
    First off I'm strictly catch and release.
    If anyone asks I got skunked. Lol
    I was down there a few years back and met up with 250BassFL (Terry) and fished Tenoroc mines and also fished lake Underhill. This time I'm in Kissamee. Would love to find a quiet pond or lake to catch some big bass. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Pm me if you would like to keep it quiet. I'll have a 10' pelican with a 55 # motor and 2 batteries.
    Any info on Crooked lake ? Can you get from small crooked to the bigger section ? I only need about 6 inches of water to float. Is it worth my time ?
    How about old lake Davenport ? I'm staying pretty close to that. I see there are 2 launches on it. Are they public ramps ?
    Is it worth going there ? As for salt water. I'm just looking to go on a party boat somewhere with my Dad. Don't really care what we catch. I just want to catch something that fights good.. Thanks for any help . I'll be there the 17th so it's right around the corner.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    Yes you can get to Big Crooked from little crooked. There is a ramp on the south side of little crooked you can put in at and there is a cut that goes from little to big. Generally plenty of water in the cut-i take my 18ft through it. Is it worth your time? Hard to say- like the rest of the lakes-- one day you are a hero and the next you swear there is no fish in the lake. One thing to keep in mind is the wind. Big Crooked gets very rough very fast especially with a northeast wind. Fished Big Crooked a lot and there are some good fish in It. Just be mindful of the wind. Good luck if you give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    Yes you can get to Big Crooked from little crooked. There is a ramp on the south side of little crooked you can put in at and there is a cut that goes from little to big. Generally plenty of water in the cut-i take my 18ft through it. Is it worth your time? Hard to say- like the rest of the lakes-- one day you are a hero and the next you swear there is no fish in the lake. One thing to keep in mind is the wind. Big Crooked gets very rough very fast especially with a northeast wind. Fished Big Crooked a lot and there are some good fish in It. Just be mindful of the wind. Good luck if you give it a go

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
    Anthrax

5. Member
    Take a look at the attached fishing report: https://www.theledger.com/sports/201...county-anglers

Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    Take a look at the attached fishing report: https://www.theledger.com/sports/201...county-anglers

Thank you
    Anthrax

The Ledger sure does a good job Best " tips " here in Citrus County comes from the Ocala newspaper and I wonder how good it really is.Thanks for the posts guys

8. Member
    Lake Jackson at Three Lakes is nice little isolated lake, its a shallow small lake that is ideal for small boats or kayaks. It's managed as a catch and release lake, I've caught many good fish from there. It is a shallow body of water with a lot of lily pads and grass and an abundance of wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Lake Jackson at Three Lakes is nice little isolated lake, its a shallow small lake that is ideal for small boats or kayaks. It's managed as a catch and release lake, I've caught many good fish from there. It is a shallow body of water with a lot of lily pads and grass and an abundance of wildlife.

Thank you. That looks like a nice place for sure
    Anthrax

10. Member
    With a small boat check out some of the lakes on the Butler chain as well. No need to park a trailer a big plus.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    With a small boat check out some of the lakes on the Butler chain as well. No need to park a trailer a big plus.

Thank you !
    Which lake would you fish ?
    I've looked at some of them on Google but couldn't find any launches.
    Anthrax

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Thank you !
    Which lake would you fish ?
    I've looked at some of them on Google but couldn't find any launches.
    Without a trailer http://www.ocfl.net/CultureParks/Par...2#.XUr89uNKiM9
    I have caught fish from the ramp on foot with a whopper plopper. The lakes are really clean water. Adjust to it. Butler chain is tough to for ramps but this would be ideal if no trailer. Street parking no trailers
    Another option http://www.ocfl.net/CultureParks/Par...3#.XUr94ONKiM9
    I do not have much history on the lakes, Have been out in boat once. He had a member ship to the sportsman park. We caught them up to 5 pounds on flukes. I would hit Lake down. It looks really good.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

Thank you for the info.
    Wow you guys have a lot of water down there.
    Anthrax

14. Member
    Hope you enjoy and catch some nice bass Tim.

Thanks Terry.
    It's hard not to just go back to Tenoroc, that place was awesome. Figured I'd try a few new places though.
    Anthrax

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Thanks Terry.
    It's hard not to just go back to Tenoroc, that place was awesome. Figured I'd try a few new places though.
    And a Pelican is perfect for some of the smaller pits.
    Hope you do great where ever you end up making it to.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Without a trailer http://www.ocfl.net/CultureParks/Par...2#.XUr89uNKiM9
    I have caught fish from the ramp on foot with a whopper plopper. The lakes are really clean water. Adjust to it. Butler chain is tough to for ramps but this would be ideal if no trailer. Street parking no trailers
    Another option http://www.ocfl.net/CultureParks/Par...3#.XUr94ONKiM9
    I do not have much history on the lakes, Have been out in boat once. He had a member ship to the sportsman park. We caught them up to 5 pounds on flukes. I would hit Lake down. It looks really good.
    That ramp has no parking, like zero, they even eliminated the handicap parking. These are great lakes, deep to 30 ft, clear and a lot of vegetation but the rich folks that live on it don't want anyone to use it except them. There is a park that has the only public ramp on the chain but it is a pay ramp and you have to park like 500 -600 yds from it leaving your boat out of site and unattended while you park your truck.

That ramp has no parking, like zero, they even eliminated the handicap parking. These are great lakes, deep to 30 ft, clear and a lot of vegetation but the rich folks that live on it don't want anyone to use it except them. There is a park that has the only public ramp on the chain but it is a pay ramp and you have to park like 500 -600 yds from it leaving your boat out of site and unattended while you park your truck.

Thank you !
    That's to bad, lake Down looked pretty good.
    Anthrax

19. Member
    Dang, I thought there was like 2 spots on the road right before the ramp. but not for trailer parking? Thought it would be perfect. I also thought there was very limited parking for trailers, but 1/4 mile down the road
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

20. Member
    If you are fit and able to. Google the area. You have no trailer unload and park at the walgreens. it equals half a mile. Call an uber. I don't really know how they get away that being a public ramp?
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast