Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    If you are fit and able to. Google the area. You have no trailer unload and park at the walgreens. it equals half a mile. Call an uber. I don't really know how they get away that being a public ramp?

They do stuff like that around here too. Sucks they can get away with it. The ramp is still a public ramp ?
    I'm going to get someone to drop me off one day.
    It looks to good to pass up and only 35 minutes away.
    Looks like I'm going to fish with my buddy Jazz a day.
    Looking forward to that
    I still need a couple other places. If anyone has any other ideas. Crooked may be to windy, Jackson is definitely a maybe. Its 2 hours away though.
    Thanks for all the help so far.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

2. Member
    Yes it is public. Check this thread out http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=994787. Maybe an option.
    Let us know how you do. I just bought my 12 year old a pelican intruder 12.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

3. Member
    You are staying near Lake Pierce. That can be a really good lake. Was with a buddy that caught his PB there 10 and change. I have hosted 2 mega bucks style tournaments there. Rotate holes every hour. we have caught them pretty good there. Marion is also another choice.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

4. Member
    If you are fit and able to. Google the area. You have no trailer unload and park at the walgreens. it equals half a mile. Call an uber. I don't really know how they get away that being a public ramp?
    Here is what we have done to use that ramp but you need two people, we launch the boat then my buddy stays there and I drive the truck and trailer back to that shopping center and park the truck and trailer, then I ride a bike back to the ramp, lock the bike up there and go fish, and when done ride the bike back up to get the truck and trailer. Done that for years until a few weeks back. They now just put up signs in the mall parking lot stating they will tow your truck and trailer if you park there. And like I mentioned earlier, they used to have trailer parking at the ramp for anyone that had a handicap placard, but not anymore, they even removed those. It's pretty disgusting. The thing is there is not even that many fisherman on those lakes, It's just mostly the spoiled little rich brats running around with their daddies big dollar ski boats. Like I said, Lake Jackson is a real neat little lake that I'm sure you would enjoy.

You are staying near Lake Pierce. That can be a really good lake. Was with a buddy that caught his PB there 10 and change. I have hosted 2 mega bucks style tournaments there. Rotate holes every hour. we have caught them pretty good there. Marion is also another choice.

Thank you !
    I hope your son enjoys the pelican. I have the bass raider.
    I use it more than my bass boat. Lol
    Last edited by TMG; 08-09-2019 at 07:41 AM.
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Here is what we have done to use that ramp but you need two people, we launch the boat then my buddy stays there and I drive the truck and trailer back to that shopping center and park the truck and trailer, then I ride a bike back to the ramp, lock the bike up there and go fish, and when done ride the bike back up to get the truck and trailer. Done that for years until a few weeks back. They now just put up signs in the mall parking lot stating they will tow your truck and trailer if you park there. And like I mentioned earlier, they used to have trailer parking at the ramp for anyone that had a handicap placard, but not anymore, they even removed those. It's pretty disgusting. The thing is there is not even that many fisherman on those lakes, It's just mostly the spoiled little rich brats running around with their daddies big dollar ski boats. Like I said, Lake Jackson is a real neat little lake that I'm sure you would enjoy.
    Thanks, as long as the weather is good. I'm going to have someone drop me off for the day.
    Jackson lake does look really good !!
    Anthrax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    I hate that kind of stuff. I wonder if it would be legal on Sunday to park at the post office. Do we the people own that property? I would use every loop hole I could. Drives me crazy.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

8. Member
    I hate that kind of stuff. I wonder if it would be legal on Sunday to park at the post office. Do we the people own that property? I would use every loop hole I could. Drives me crazy.
    The way things are I guess it would depend on what group the government sees you in. Over the past, the government has shown they don't give a damn about some.

great point, WE the people. Tim, give the local PD a call and ask a few questions.

As long as the weather is good. I got someone to drop me off for the day.
    Anthrax

weather,lots of showers the past week and heat index today is supposed to be 107 . I'm too lazy to go fishing and wish there was a college football game on !

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post
    weather,lots of showers the past week and heat index today is supposed to be 107 . I'm too lazy to go fishing and wish there was a college football game on !

Thunderstorms is what I was talking about.
    107 kind of sucks though. Lol
    Last edited by TMG; 08-10-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    Anthrax

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post

No hill for a climber....

Any tackle shops in the area besides Bass pro to get a license ? Been trying online, it says $30 for 7 day non resident but when I go to check out it keeps coming up $190.
    Something is messed up, I'll just buy it there.

Screenshot_20190811-215919_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Anthrax

15. Member
    Walmart and Academy both sell them as well
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

Thank you !!
    Anthrax

Wal Mart and I know a guy- 44 tackle

Thanks Jazz
    I'd be checking out 44 tackle for sure if it was closer.
    Anthrax

both Wally world and 44 are 10 minutes from the house.Can bring you to either if you want.

Thanks Jazz. I'd take you up on that but I'm hoping to need it before I meet up with you.
    Anthrax

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast