Lowrance Carbon 12 3D setup questions

Hey BBC,

I recently just purchased a Carbon 12 3D from a local shop online. I couldn’t find anywhere in the description if it came with the 3D module. But, for the price I got it for there was no way I could pass it up. Does the carbon come
    with the 3D transducer and the module? Or, is there different packages as to what you can buy? And, if I don’t want 3D will it still produce great side and down imaging without the module? Or do I need it for getting the most out of my unit?

thanks

kyle

2. Member
    If you have bought your HDS and SS 3D in a bundle, it will come with both the transducer and the module as well as an ethernetcable to connect the module to the HDS. Remember that you need a 2D-transducer as well to complete your setup.

No, you can not use the SS 3D transducer at all without the module.

3. Member
    Lowrance HDS-12 Carbon Fishfinder Chartplotter w/StructureScan 3D Transducer

That is what I bought. If I don’t want 3D can the transducer still work with side and down without the module? Or, can my gen 3 LSS2 work with what I already have?

4. Member
    The SS3D transducer must be plugged into the module, its cable has two plugs that physically do not fit any ports on any of the HDS units... So, if you bought the bundle with SS3D, install the module and enjoy. Many have the opinion that the SS3D ducer and module combination is still the best sidescan image available for Lowrance to date.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 08-06-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfawns View Post

That is what I bought. If I don’t want 3D can the transducer still work with side and down without the module?
    Please read #2 one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post

No, you can not use the SS 3D transducer at all without the module.

You are all set. Follow installation instructions but whatever you do....do NOT update it to 19.1

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    You are all set. Follow installation instructions but whatever you do....do NOT update it to 19.1
    19.1 seem to be hit or miss, or maybe more sensitive to install...I am having no issues with it.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

8. Member
    Not to hijack thread..but I just purchased Carbon 12 with 3D. What are the issues with update 19.1? Also leaning towards purchasing Lowrance Ghost. I have read that ghost pairing works with carbon,live and ti2. If I am running Carbon at console and Gen 3 at bow linked together will this work?

9. Member
    It's probably the whole package. It should come with 3d transducer and a 3d module-box plus the high speed transducer. If it's just the transducer you'd have to purchase the box separately for it to work, and you'll still need another transducer for traditional sonar.