Question NY Fishing Tournament Schedule

Is there a link (or links) to fishing tournament dates & locations in NY? I'm not a tournament fisherman, so I would like to know when and where the tournaments are so I can AVOID those lakes during and after a tournament. If there aren't any links to a tournament list, then how is the best way to know? I fish many lakes from Oneida Lake, to Lake Ontario (north of Oswego), to lakes in the Adirondacks.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

2. Member
    2012 Nitro Z-7 with 150 HP Mercury Optimax Pro X/S
    Helix 10 Mega DI + G3N with 360 at the bow
    Helix 10 Mega SI + G3N and Lowrance HDS5 Gen 1 with thru-hull transducer at the console
    Rochester Bassmasters Member in Rochester, NY
    N.Y. B.A.S.S. Nation Member

3. Member
    google ny open bass tournaments

4. Member
    The hard part is there’s a bunch of smaller clubs that either don’t have websites or dates aren’t readily available to the public. And then throw in the small clubs and PA clubs that don’t apply for permits it’s a total crap shoot to know what is scheduled where and when. For the big hitters it’d be the Bassmaster, FLW, ABA (6 diff tours), and Cashion rod tour websites for the national stuff. Then there’s FLX series for “local”. It’s almost a guarantee that every weekend there’s a tournament on the 1000 islands and Oneida.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies! I usually fish during the week, but sometimes I fish with friends who only have weekends off.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    The hard part is there’s a bunch of smaller clubs that either don’t have websites or dates aren’t readily available to the public. And then throw in the small clubs and PA clubs that don’t apply for permits it’s a total crap shoot to know what is scheduled where and when. For the big hitters it’d be the Bassmaster, FLW, ABA (6 diff tours), and Cashion rod tour websites for the national stuff. Then there’s FLX series for “local”. It’s almost a guarantee that every weekend there’s a tournament on the 1000 islands and Oneida.
    Ive heard reports of these PA clubs that dont bother to get permits, why i try to fish during the week also even if it means going alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Fan View Post
    Is there a link (or links) to fishing tournament dates & locations in NY? I'm not a tournament fisherman, so I would like to know when and where the tournaments are so I can AVOID those lakes during and after a tournament. If there aren't any links to a tournament list, then how is the best way to know? I fish many lakes from Oneida Lake, to Lake Ontario (north of Oswego), to lakes in the Adirondacks.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    Haha you sound like me. I been using that http://www.wnybass.com/opentournaments/ link for years but it isnt 100%.

8. Member
    Thanks Jbruno! I fish to relax and unwind, not for getting all wound up over some prize money. Tournament fishing brings out some of the absolute worst boat launch nightmares.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Fan View Post
    Tournament fishing brings out some of the absolute worst boat launch nightmares.
    truth..ive seen some fists flying more then a few times.