Swapping blades on chatterbaits

I have read a few times about being able to open/close rings on Chatterbaits.

i have a handful of original Chatterbaits that snapped but I would like to put those blades on different original chatterbait heads and I can't seem to remove blades without snapping the eye...

best at tricks for swapping blades or is this even possible with original Chatterbaits?

Once the blade is on a hook eye, These work OK to open the hook back up just enough to remove the blade. Just barely use the tip of the pliers in the hook gap.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Thanks Mike! So the slightest pry with side snips...I'll give it a go!

Use the very, very tip of these in the crack of the hook. Barely "nip" in the crack.... Post your results.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I think I was too aggressive (more bending than just a slight open and slide) with my prior attempts...side cutters worked well! The trick was getting the fingers right especially when pushing the blade back on.

i grabbed just up from the gap go make room for the old blades to slide out and to put the different coloured blade on. Very light marks to the eye...

thanks for the tip!