Can someone tell me what the highlighted iine is running just above the bottom?

It only shows up on color option #1. And it's everywhere I go. If I select another color option it going away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's the FishReveal feature.

There is a difference in depth readings between your 2d sonar transducer and your Downscan transducer. You are seeing the shallowest echo from the 2d transducer overlaid on your Downscan image.

3. Member
    If bothersome, you may be able to use the structure scan offset feature to line them up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheye216 View Post
    If bothersome, you may be able to use the structure scan offset feature to line them up.
    Unless they have changed that...doesn't work. Offset just alters the depth reading from the keel...Bottom is Bottom, based on the sonar, at least in prior Firmware versions.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

5. Member
    I saw the same thing on mine. I adjusted the settings for fish reveal to make them not constant. I'll check the settings for you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fejj View Post
    It only shows up on color option #1. And it's everywhere I go. If I select another color option it going away.
    I'm not too thrilled about the Fish Reveal. It should be fish, but it is not. The highlights are false fish readings from the bottom. You can try turning down the sensitivity of the 2D sonar in small increments and see if it helps.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    i get that alot always wondered bout it...

8. 2000-21ssextreme
    Mine does that when I have the fish reveal turned on

9. Member
    Split your screens. Have Sonar on a panel and Down Scan on the same one and it helps anglers learn how Fish Reveal works.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

There is a difference in depth readings between your 2d sonar transducer and your Downscan transducer. You are seeing the shallowest echo from the 2d transducer overlaid on your Downscan image.
    This is the issue, your transducer for 2d Sonar is not at the same depth as your structure scan transducer.

11. Member
    You might get the line even if the tranducers are perfectly aligned, like when using 3 in 1. The different coneangle of 2D and DownScan means they will only draw the same bottom-line as long as that bottom is 100% flat and even within both coneangles.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    You might get the line even if the tranducers are perfectly aligned, like when using 3 in 1. The different coneangle of 2D and DownScan means they will only draw the same bottom-line as long as that bottom is 100% flat and even within both coneangles.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

TrackerUser

Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Exactly!!!! Image interpretation is the key in any sonar setup.