Transducer Not Detected

While running Panoptix Livescope periodically get the transducer not detected message. Sometimes it comes right back on, this weekend I turned unit on/off a couple times, reset cables in graph, to no avail. Turn unit off, ran to new spot, turned on and worked fine.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? Thanks

2. Member
    Ron
    see its got you too....see this one
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=994249

Open your locker when you power up and if red light doesn’t come on and blink it’s power connection problem If green light comes on and doesn’t stay I don’t know what to tell you. See manual for light sequences for troubleshooting.

1. Check large xdcr connector and power as well as cradle made up tight
    2. Check loose fuse in holder
    3. Turn on Livescope upfront first
    4. Do a reset default settings
    5. Try pulling Tm and xdcr out and back in water- crazy but works sometimes ( as you replicated by moving)
    6. If all good and still loses connections, then try cleaning with cleaner as explained

Assuming voltage is strong (>12.1v) my best guess is the xdcr or power connectors are on the verge of not mating all the way just so. The cleaner seems to help.

3. Member
    This is one of those problems that keeps popping up. I've see it myself and was able to correct it by cleaning the contacts real good and putting some dielectric grease on them. Then it could be a bad cable, either ethernet or transducer. And sometimes people post they had this problem, dealt with support and they replaced equipment. Some found out that their only problem was that they were not using the current software. There are plenty of people on this board willing to help with advice - good advice, but paralleling that I think I would open a ticket with tech support via email so that there is a log on both ends of what you have done, whether it worked or not, etc. so if it comes to replacing the equipment hopefully you can show you have eliminated the other possible sources of the problem.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post10244796
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1#post10246347
    Make sure your software is uptodate
    Make sure voltage is ok
    Note the lights on the GLS10. green, red, flashing slow, fast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 08-06-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Lwinchester and MDBASSNPRO, I have the same problem. so far what I have found is what Lwinchester said earlier. Clean contacts apply dielectric grease and plug everything back up. After doing this three times I did some more troubleshooting and found is that if I reapply the dielectric grease to the large connector on the black box, making sure there is grease in all the female pins the unit will boot up and work.. I think this means that one of the female contacts is too loose around the male pin. Maybe whoever produced the cable got a bad batch of connectors at one point causing some users to experience these problems and others not. I just sent in a email to garmin explaining this but have not heard back as of this time. But I can wait because I have not been without live scope while fishing. However, it is extremely frustrating having to deal with this instead of being able to just go fishing. Hope this helps.

I think it's a low voltage prob. But I believe it's caused by a faulty or dirty connector pin.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    Lwinchester and MDBASSNPRO, I have the same problem. so far what I have found is what Lwinchester said earlier. Clean contacts apply dielectric grease and plug everything back up. After doing this three times I did some more troubleshooting and found is that if I reapply the dielectric grease to the large connector on the black box, making sure there is grease in all the female pins the unit will boot up and work.. I think this means that one of the female contacts is too loose around the male pin. Maybe whoever produced the cable got a bad batch of connectors at one point causing some users to experience these problems and others not. I just sent in a email to garmin explaining this but have not heard back as of this time. But I can wait because I have not been without live scope while fishing. However, it is extremely frustrating having to deal with this instead of being able to just go fishing. Hope this helps.
    shellfish / lwinchester - any word from Garmin? any way of getting a pin out from Garmin? Which pin is the bad actor?

7. Member
    No way for users to replace a pin or socket. Sounds more like the connector on the transducer. There were some who posted here that had this problem and Garmin replaced the transducer and with that they got a new connector. Going to clean and lube mine again today, just for good measure. I've not seen this happen in a long time but it's a real interruption when it happens. I don't expect to hear anything from Garmin on this. Todd would be the go to person on that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    I fought this problem for months. I tried all the tricks to get it to work. I kept having the problem.
    I isolated it to the transducer connector (the large black connector). I agree the problem is in the pins on the black box.
    Garmin sent me a new black box and it has worked flawlessly for 10 trips. I keep waiting for the (transducer not connected) message to pop up but it works every time.
    Get on Garmin website early in the morning 7-8 am depending on your time zone.
    Type in your product (Panoptics Livescope system) and use the Chat feature. Your product needs to be registered and you need to set up an account.
    The support tech had me try a few things which did not work and then agreed I needed a replacement.
    I sent in my old black box and when they received it they shipped me a new one.

9. Member
    When Garmin replied back they said to call them. So, I called them. Did not hardly have to say to much about what the problems was and they offered to send me a whole new system. It should arrive by tomorrow. Hope this is a fix.

Garmin has sent me a new box but I haven had time to install it. Has anyone that received a replacement box had any connection problems?
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO