PT190 Prop Selection

The boat is a 2007 Tracker PT190 w/ 90HP Optimax on a 6” Atlas jack plate. Currently I’m running a 13.5/22P Laser II, the boats max speed is 36-37mph and rpms before starting to trim are about 4900rpm and once trimmed just before the point where I start to lose speed is about 5200-5300rpm. Was looking to get more lift out of a prop and higher rpm. What do you guys recommend? Ask away any questions I did not answer, the things are just so expensive I don’t want to make a mistake and get the wrong one. Thanks.

2. Member
    Also meant to add I was looking to go to a 4 blade prop, either a trophy plus or spitfire if you guys recommend either of those. Would I need to get a lower pitch to compensate for a 4 blade prop compared to a 3? Thanks again.

3. Member
    I cruise at that speed, and max out at 45. You may have too much pitch. Mine is an 01 with quite a few hours on it and a 20p prop, and it maxes out at about 5300. I usually run at 4000 rpm, only open it up occasionally for short periods. Something doesn't sound right with yours.

4. Member
    Yeah my original problem was my tach was reading wrong and was reading a few hundred extra rpm, so I bought a prop based off that. A few weeks ago it had an issue where it was reading even higher so I gave it a smack and now it’s reading perfect. Spoke to a prop shop about my engine and prop issue and the guy recommended a 19p Trophy Plus and he said that should dial it right in where I need to be. Ill keep everyone posted. 22P Laser II for sale!! Lol!