Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    moving just tounge side to side 2. if wanna push the whole boat side to side 4

2. Member
    I purchased 2 of them in 2015 and use them every weekend. Quality product for sure.

Took a look at the Pittsburgh Automotive Wheel jacks at HF today. Excellent quality from what I could see. The Daytona’s were more expensive, but overkill for a bassboat.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    Does anyone have a set of the Go Jack wheel movers? I've also looked at the Harbor Freight version, which cost a lot less than the Go Jack brand and they have good ratings. Would I need all four four wheel movers or would 2 do the job on one axle?
    I have two (for one axle) Love them. Got them back in 2005. Still work great.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

5. Member
    I have the Harbor Freight ones. My experience isn't the same as others. Mine, one works well, the other I can stand on the pedal and it won't budge (I'm 280+lbs). The castors don't turn well on either of them, so if I have to push it sideways after lifting, it's a complete pain. I have them for a single axle trailer because my garage is so small and I couldn't get the boat lined up easily when I first bought it. Now I can back it almost all the way in first try and never use them.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

The only difference between my HB jaks and the go jacks is the paint color. I would be willing to bet they came from the same MFG facility.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    I have two (for one axle) Love them. Got them back in 2005. Still work great.

I miss those white letter Marathons. They were great tires back in the day.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Took a look at the Pittsburgh Automotive Wheel jacks at HF today. Excellent quality from what I could see. The Daytona’s were more expensive, but overkill for a bassboat.
    ok I’m trying to decide if in fact the Daytona’s are “overkill”. I have a Z519 with motor weighing I estimate around 3200 lbs. I have a single axle trailer.

The Pittsburgh’s are rated at 1250 lbs each. I’m preparing for putting the boat up into the far corner of my garage come winter so having something like this will be a huge help.

Daytonas are rated at 5200 lbs which is obviously more than I need but 1250 is just not enough. Keep in mind again it’s a single axle so the full weight will be on them...unlike the tandem axle owners who use this on the front two tires to help pivot.

Thoughts? A 25% off coupon for Labor Day prompted the research and likely purchase.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    ok I’m trying to decide if in fact the Daytona’s are “overkill”. I have a Z519 with motor weighing I estimate around 3200 lbs. I have a single axle trailer.

The Pittsburgh’s are rated at 1250 lbs each. I’m preparing for putting the boat up into the far corner of my garage come winter so having something like this will be a huge help.

Daytonas are rated at 5200 lbs which is obviously more than I need but 1250 is just not enough. Keep in mind again it’s a single axle so the full weight will be on them...unlike the tandem axle owners who use this on the front two tires to help pivot.

Thoughts? A 25% off coupon for Labor Day prompted the research and likely purchase.
    Th bigger ones should roll better because they are not maxed out.

10. Member
    Combined vehicle weight of the Pittsburgh’s is 5000 and the Daytona’s are 5200.

so each of the Pittsburgh’s can handle 1250 vs the Daytona’s at 1300 each...50 lbs difference. The main difference it seems is that the Daytona’s can handle larger tires which is not an issue for our trailer tires.

i went w the cheaper Pittsburgh’s. Now that being said, they might be overloaded...we will see.

anyone use these w single axle trailers successfully? With the weight I am at? 3000 lbs +.

Combined vehicle weight of the Pittsburgh’s is 5000 and the Daytona’s are 5200.

so each of the Pittsburgh’s can handle 1250 vs the Daytona’s at 1300 each...50 lbs difference. The main difference it seems is that the Daytona’s can handle larger tires which is not an issue for our trailer tires.

i went w the cheaper Pittsburgh’s. Now that being said, they might be overloaded...we will see.

anyone use these w single axle trailers successfully? With the weight I am at? 3000 lbs +.

My set of 2 have moved a Ranger Z520 and a Skeeter FX20 with no issues at all.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    My set of 2 have moved a Ranger Z520 and a Skeeter FX20 with no issues at all.
    Mark do you have a dual or single axle trailer?

Mark do you have a dual or single axle trailer?

Dual on both of those

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Dual on both of those
    Yeah I was afraid of that. I am worried that my single axle will be too heavy for these.

15. Member
    I have 4 of the HFT Daytona version to move my 2002 520VX. Once the wheels of the dollies are pointed in the right direction, it moves my boat easily.

I would think that 2 dollies on a single axle trailer would be fine. I need 4 in order to get all the wheels off the ground to move the back of the boat side to side.

16. Member
    Update. No can do. There is not a factor of safety on the 1250 max load rating.

boat wouldn’t move...worse yet, had to jack up the boat to pry them off. My god what a painful experience. While they were on, the boat was still unmovable. Oh well, hope this helps someone from the pain of trying these.

17. Member
    I bought two of the HF’s used from a member here and two of the big GJ’s new back when I had to move my Cougar sideways in the garage. They are not the same thing! The GJ’s are much easier to use and have bigger wheels. If you can afford them get the big GJ’s. It’s still not easy getting the initial shove. Once it’s moving the boat will move no problem.

I just gave away four of them. Never used them..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12