Getting Confirmation Beeps But Engine Will Not Turn Over

Greetings Thrillseekers,
    I have a 2003 Honda 200hp on a 21’ Triton and running into a problem and I’m stuck.
    After inserting the ignition key and turning on, I get the confirmation beeps.
    Turning the key further results in no ignition or any other sound.
    Boat fired up fine at the beginning of the day and then would not start later in the day.
    I have checked:
    Battery (reading 12.69v but did swap it out with another with same no-start result)
    Kill switch (it’s in)
    Fuse Box and the Main Fuse in the engine area (all look fine)
    Fuel
    Verified Shifter is in Neutral position
    Verified propeller turns freely

Only other guesses are:
    New Neutral Switch
    New Ignition Switch (They seem to go out about every five years but the last new Ignition Switch gave me “special problems” as it would intermittently engage the Starter Motor when shifting into forward or reverse, while the engine was running! Took three months, probably $2,000, one Shift Cable and three new Starters to figure out that it was the New Ignition Switch)

Really appreciate any positive input.
    Thank You.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Is the starter bad ?if it was engaging at will before maybe it killed it?
    is the ignition Honda or triton mine is a 12 250 and never once has it gave me a problem.

3. Member
    Touch of Class:Good Thought. We resolved the Honda Ignition problem a couple of years ago. Honda had an Ignition corrosion issue around that time with some that they sold. Could be it needs a new Ignition Switch again, Neutral Switch or perhaps a Starter Relay. Guess I am taking it to my guys at Calumet Marine in Illinois as they are Great!
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Put a meter on the starter and relay, turn the key and see if you get 12 volts to either of them.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Put a meter on the starter and relay, turn the key and see if you get 12 volts to either of them.
    Hickory Legend, thank you for the reply.
    Unfortunately I decided to load the boat up and take it to my mechanic so I could not try your recommendation.
    Again, Thank You.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp