Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I don’t like the rail idea and it’s not even my boat. What if you mounted it in front of the shifter, on the vertical surface, all the way by the console with a ram ball & mount? You might need the long arm mount to get it high enough to see. Is that area flat or curved?

Or they also make a swing arm mount, that might work.

Yeah im not a computer graphics designer....

Grout scout, I checked and that area is curved. If I we're to out it back and down, it would interfere with shifter.

2. Banned
    Figured it might be curved by looking at the pic. I figured it might be better than trying to clamp to that handle bar, but if you figured out a way to keep it from slipping/spinning, then should work nicely.

The mount TC posted looks nice, never seen anyone do that before.

3. Member

Yeah im not a computer graphics designer....

Dear Grout Scout - DO NOT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!!!!!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Dear Grout Scout - DO NOT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!!!!!

Yeah, my shakey finger on my tiny IPhone does a masterpiece of art work. I was surprised that it took this long for someone to make fun of it!

5. Member
    Yeah, my shakey finger on my tiny IPhone does a masterpiece of art work. I was surprised that it took this long for someone to make fun of it!
    Yeah... I was gonna let it slide then thought Awwww Helll'naw....

6. Member
    I have a Cisco rail mount on an HDS 12. Solid and you don't have to touch it. I had a Ram Ball mount on my previous boat and I had to constantly reposition it when I drove in rougher water. IMG_2330.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Now that is worth enlargening:

8. Member
    Team Colibri, I'm trying to get in touch with you about my lowrance asking me to update software everytime on the lake. I was referred to you but can't send you PMs. (Sorry to hijack)
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

9. Member
    To reiterate what has already been mentioned, the Cisco mounts are rock solid. I only have 2 Carbon 7's mounted on a single Sure-Lok, but gave my spare to a buddy who has a 16 on it with the rail mount and it is the cat's butt!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Now that is worth enlargening:

That’s a good looking mount.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    Team Colibri, I'm trying to get in touch with you about my lowrance asking me to update software everytime on the lake. I was referred to you but can't send you PMs. (Sorry to hijack)
    I have turned off PM, as most of the PMs I recived could just as well be posted as threads/ questions in the forum. Two reasons for what you are seeing: 1. You have a partial download, delete it. 2. There is something in your network that needs an update.

12. Member
    Team Colibri, can you look at my thread on this subject: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....3#post10465773

You'll see a picture of my files and there's nothing showing (I do not want to update to 18.2).
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

I think the Cisco mount is going to be my best option. The Ram mount adapter I ordered did not work well at all, as some of you thought.

Can you tell me how the Cisco mount grips the rail, those that have them? Is there a rubber insert? I can tell there is a lot more surface area on the rail adapter already.
    Thanks guys

14. Member
    The mount doesn't have a rubber insert, it just tightens to the rail. I didn't want the mount to mar my rail, so i used adhesive felt on the rail and then put the mount on. You can get adhesive felt at any craft store (Pat Catans, etc.) in 8 1/2 x 11" sheets.

Thanks!

16. Member
    My favorite way to protect a rail under a clamp is to buy a small chunk of fuel hose, with inside diameter just a tad smaller than the rail, silice it to the same length of that fits nicely under your clamp, then slice it lengthwise, slip it over the rail and install the clamp on top. Same concept as the felt, may hold up in the marine environment a little better
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

17. Member
    Did you figure this out? If not I have a good option I use for the same exact set up your looking at. I can take a picture later if need be. Just let me know

18. Member
    Wow. Never seen these Cisco brand products before. Looks real heavy duty and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrtrain View Post
    Did you figure this out? If not I have a good option I use for the same exact set up your looking at. I can take a picture later if need be. Just let me know
    Put it on the back burner for the moment. Please post a pic or describe your setup!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12