Thread: Tracker 190

Question Tracker 190

What can I expect when I install a 6 inch jackplate and change the prop on my 190 with the 90 Optimax?

You can expect to lose your warranty by adding a jackplate.

3. Member
    It's a 2006. Warranty might be out now. Thanks for your reply. Any suggestions on a good starting height? I am going to run a Trophy Plus 23p.

4. Member
    Unless you have a low water pickup gearcase,you
    wont be able raise your motor high enough to show
    much of a gain. Another thing, when you set your
    engine back, the weight transfer raises the bow noticeably
    while in the fishing mode. Any boat that doesnt have a pad
    gains VS expense of a JP isnt very rewarding. I have proved that
    to myself on a few aluminum boats. If you can turn a 23 trophy
    you have something other than a stock 90. Keep us advised. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Seen more setups with gains vs drawbacks on the pt style hull. I gained 3 mph top speed and significantly better handling and stability at top speed. I have mine set at an all around setting of 4.5” below the v. I have ran as high as 2.75” under which is my best posted speed with jothing in the boat. No low water pickups and still maintained 13 psi at wot via smartcraft. Bow rise wasnt noticeable either. Guess my boat is super special since all the negative posted above isnt true at all with mine. I wouldnt have this boat without it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    A 23 Trophy, wow. My 07 90 Opti pushes my Fisher Prohawk 170 at nearly 5900 rpm WOT with a 19 Trophy plus.

7. Member
    There are post on different forums where people with a 190 with the 90 optimax on a jackplate run a 23 trophy plus and another is experimenting with a 25 trophy and another guy with a flashed 75 with a jack plate turns a 24 Laser 2. I'm running a 21 Laser 2 at 6 inches below the v right now and I have to throttle back to keep it off the rev limiter. I really appreciate the replies and I do consider every post. Thanks and keep them coming.

8. Member
    There are post on different forums where people with a 190 with the 90 optimax on a jackplate run a 23 trophy plus and another is experimenting with a 25 trophy and another guy with a flashed 75 with a jack plate turns a 24 Laser 2. I'm running a 21 Laser 2 at 6 inches below the v right now and I have to throttle back to keep it off the rev limiter. I really appreciate the replies and I do consider every post. Thanks and keep them coming.

9. Member
    Double post. Sorry
    Last edited by XMP; 08-06-2019 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by XMP View Post
    I remember those guys and finding their posts thats what gave me the idea to improve the setup on mine. This is a good running hull that is very stable aired out at speed. It takes some setup time but you can get speed or a good all around feel if you put in the effort. Another reason your motor will turn a bigger prop than people think is the lower 2.33:1 gear ratio vs the 2.01 of the 115 optimax and pro xs line. The jack plate adjustments on mine came down to 1/16” increments to get it where i wanted it. Also having the prop cupped makes a huge difference especially the laser. I tried a trophy did not like it been running the worked 22p for several years now.
    Last edited by TritonTRXV8; 08-06-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    We will never know because I sold the boat before I could try it out. I am looking for a Tracker 190 with a 115 if anybody has one or knows of one for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by XMP View Post
    We will never know because I sold the boat before I could try it out. I am looking for a Tracker 190 with a 115 if anybody has one or knows of one for sale.
    Too bad you aren't clear across the country just posted my boat for sale today. Ready to run package.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    I am not sure you can get to California from Tennessee. I really appreciated your willingness to help me and for sharing your knowledge and experience with a newbie. Good luck selling your boat and I hope you enjoy your new ride.

Anytime man glad to help. Dont hesitate to ask.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.