Best Shimano reel for skipping

Interested to get some feedback on the best Shimano reel for skipping. I have some Daiwa Tatula SV’s that work really good for skipping but would like to use a Shimano for this as I like how they feel in hand. Let me know what has worked well for you. Thanks.

2. Member
    The sv spool is hard to beat for the ease of skipping that being said if you have used baitcasters a while and your thumb is educated so to say tge bantam makes a great skipping reel as well as the anatares 70. I’ve not tried the metanium for skipping that one might be finicky.

3. Member
    Any of the DC reels skip really well

4. Member
    I have a couple of the Curado DC reels and a Tatula SV TW. I'm not a proficient skipper at all. I can skip ok with the Tatula SV TW reel, but I have a lot more confidence skipping with the Curado DC. I can set the DC braking at "4" and get very few backlashes, and the ones I get are easy to get out. Trying to skip a bait into really tight spaces is not something I would even try with my Tatula for fear of getting a monster backlash by hitting something. With the Curado DC I actually enjoy trying to get my bait into those small open spots because I know that even if I miss, I'm not going to have to re-spool or spend five minutes picking out a backlash. Now for those that are good at skipping, the Tatula SV TW is an awesome reel. Those people will definitely get more distance skipping a bait than I will with the Curado DC.

5. Member
    According to the recent ICast video, the new SLX 150 DC actually has a braking setting for skipping.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

6. Member
    I love my SV103XS for skipping. It just works for me.

I can skip as long I place the rod up during the process.