USA Dream spinning rod and reel?

Looking for the ultimate spinning rod and reel combo. Want to throw shakes heads, drop shot, small swim baits and would like it to be over 7’

gimme some pointers please!

thanks in advance

My ultimate spinning rod/reel combo for both versatility and performance is the Daiwa Steez AGS 76MML paired with the Daiwa Exist LT 3000-CXH. This is hands down my all time favorite spinning rod and reel combo and I've been fortunate to fish a lot of very high end gear over the years.

3. Member
    yeah the set up bronzefly mentioned is amazing for sure the steez ags 7'6 spinning rod is very special. Lately i ordered one of the new certate lt reels from tackle trap and put it on a st croix legend elite 7' med rod and i love it for shakey heads and wacky senkos its an amazing combo as well just not as high end.

4. Member
    Dobyns 742 is a dream.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

5. Member
    I have a Conquest 902S SJR 7'6" with a Diawa Exist that is great for casting small jigs and ned rigs to smallies. Super nice gift from my brother

6. Member
    Gary aka Bronzefly will not lead you wrong. He has always been right on with advice for me.

7. Member
    My dream spinning setup is bait casting setups being just as useful as spinning for ultra light weight applications. After learning to use a baitcaster, it seems like stepping back into kindergarten when going back to spinning. I hate them but I use mine every now and again.

8. Member
    Saying a bait casting set up can do anything a spinning set up can do, and do it just as good, is like saying a spinning set up can do anything a bait casting set up can do, and do it just as good. Neither of which are true.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    My ultimate spinning rod/reel combo for both versatility and performance is the Daiwa Steez AGS 76MML paired with the Daiwa Exist LT 3000-CXH. This is hands down my all time favorite spinning rod and reel combo and I've been fortunate to fish a lot of very high end gear over the years.
    Yes!

10. Member
    Never been a Dobyns fan but recently picked up their new Xtasy 752S and have been blown away. Everything from quality rod build, sensitivity and probably the best balanced spinning rod I've laid hands on. That would include pretty much all NRX variants and recent purchase Conquest 902s. I have a Exsence 3000 aboard and can't seem to put this combo down. My NRX/Conquest are nice just like the Xtasy just a little better.

My two favorites are the Conquest 842s with a stella FJ and the Megabass Flyssa with a Certate LT right now.

12. Member
    Currently using a Kistler 2019 Zbone ZBS1ML70 paired with an Exist 2506PE-H. Wow that X-Ray bank! Great combo that just disappears in my hand.

Gary’s combo though- definitely top-o-the-line. Flex’s Conquest/Stella gives up nothing and is right there as well.

Talk about eye candy, love me some spinning. Flex which of the two reels is your favorite, I am looking at both now and can't decide. Going to go with a Megabass rod.
    I have had most of them, some are just better than others.

Love my NRX 842S and 2014 Stella 3000HGM. I also own a 2014 Stella 2500HG, Daiwa Steez EX 2508, 2016 Daiwa Certate 2510PE-H. I use these on Megabass Orochi XX rods. Awesome set ups all around.

Quote Originally Posted by PT180 View Post
    Talk about eye candy, love me some spinning. Flex which of the two reels is your favorite, I am looking at both now and can't decide. Going to go with a Megabass rod.
    The Certate is a sweet reel but IMO it has nothing over the Stella, the Stella is on another level and is my favorite spinning reel of all time.
    I added two bearings to the Certate to make it basically a Exist with a aluminum.

16. Member
    Dobyns Xtasy 752/753s with Daiwa Exist 3012’s. I’ll take these combos over anything else on the market!