Thread: Crestliner vt17

Crestliner vt17

Looking at one of these for crappie fishing anyone know how stable they are with 2 guys up front not sure if I’m gonna try one of there or go back with a Lowe thx in advance to
    2023 ranger 198p

2. Banned
    Not that this answers your question. But in the VT18, I fish two off the front deck all the time. Very stable.

3. Banned
    I had one...... never again. It was a stable boat but the wettest ride I’ve ever been in. If you’re only going to fish when it’s relatively calm, then fine, but any wind over 10 MPH and you will have to wear rain gear when you drive it. Seriously, I would get soaked driving on a sunny day with any sort of heavy chop. Just be aware.

4. Member
    I've got a triton vt17. It can be a tad wet at times but it is a very stable platform for the size in my experience.

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    A few years back I looked hard into the vt17 and 18. I think either would suit you fine!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

6. Member
    I have one and like it quite a bit. never fished two up front, mostly bass fish out of mine. I think it will be pretty stable with two up front.

I have one and have fished two on the front. Very stable platform and is comfortable. As far as being wet that goes for all Mod-v hulls, you are going to get wet.
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

Thx guys my river never gets rough at all so I’m good with that just want to be sure about stability
    2023 ranger 198p

9. Member
    Also haven't fished 2 up front but it's very stable from bow to stern, if you fall in this boat it's your fault :)

10. Member
    i was on ky lake thurs with my vt18 ,lake was white capping, ran 2 miles back to dock no problem with getting wet

11. Member
    Love mine. Stable with two up front. I have not had any problems with getting wet in rough stuff.
    2019 Crestliner VT 17 DX
    2019 40HP Mercury Fourstroke W/12 pitch Spitfire Prop
    80# Minn Kota Ultrex TM
    2 - Humminbird Helix 7 Chirp MSI GPS 3G