Falcon rod setups...

Okay. So I am set on the rod and reel setup combinations. Just need to figure out what else to fish on them. Specifically what setup would you throw the 3/8 to 1/2 oz spinnerbaits on? Any other suggestions are welcomed...

1: Falcon Cara Finesse Jig Special w/ 6.2:1 Curado 100DSV
    30lb Power Pro/12-15lb invisx leader
    Heavier Ned Rigs and Shakey Heads, smaller swim jigs
    2: Falcon LR Weightless Worm w/ 7.5:1 Lew's MP
    20lb Power Pro/12lb Invisx or 14 Sniper leader
    Weightless Senkos 3"/5", jerkbaits
    3: Falcon LR Head Turner w/ 6.2:1 Curado DC
    30lb Power Pro/15lb invisx leader
    Swim Baits, Texas Rig > 1/4 oz
    4: Falcon LR Amistad w/ 7.5:1 Curado 200DHSV
    50lb Power Pro straight up
    Prop Baits, Frogs, Texas Rig < 1/4 oz, Chatterbaits
    Last edited by Spinsparky; 11-04-2021 at 12:38 AM.

2. Member
    3/8 & 1/2 ounce spinnerbaits 2 Rods in the Cara lineup.
    6”10 Head Turner that’s a 6 power and the 6”8 MH Mcclelland rod that’s a 5 power.
    If you want something a little longer go with
    The 7”0 All Around it’s a 5 power it’s also super versatile for lots of other baits . Hence “All Around”

Personally I think the 6”10 Head Turner in the Expert line without question is the best 3/8 , 1/2 ounce spinnerbait rod on the planet.

I also think using 1/2 ounce and bigger Spinnerbaits..the Expert series 7”3 Amistad is the ticket.
    For Moving baits the Expert series has better parabolic blanks. Bottom contact the Cara blank is a bit crisper and a bit more powerful.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

3. Member
    I'm with SCB, the Head Turner is one of the most versatile rods on that planet. I've thrown every single hook moving bait on the planet on that rod, as well as 1/4 oz texas rigs and 3/8th oz jigs. It's still Falcon's unicorn, and for damn good reason. It's a damn good spinnerbait rod.

If you're throwing them deeper and on ledges, move to the Amistad. I've owned every single rod 'action' that you have, so here's all the things that I'd do with them:

1) Finesse Jig Special - 5/16th finesse jigs, shaky heads, wacky senkos, small swimbaits
    2) Weightless Worm - senkos, jerkbaits, poppers, small walking baits
    3) Head Turner - 3/8th and under jigs of ANY type, spinnerbaits, 3/8th chatterbaits, swim jigs, flashy swimmers, texas rigs
    4) Amistad - heavier single hook moving baits, flipping & pitching, dragging, football jigs

You have a ton of techniques covered already. And if you like your Falcon's, you can build an incredible 6 rod rotation by adding the Lowrider Shaky Head and the Lowrider All Round MF and do everything.

4. Member
    I put a 3/8oz swim jig on the head turner today, with a rage twin tail trailer. It was my first time throwing braid with a leader. Crazy how much more sensitive it is. The finesse jig special was too underpowered for the swim jig with a trailer. Can't wait to try more stuff with the newly organized setups.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinsparky View Post
    I put a 3/8oz swim jig on the head turner today, with a rage twin tail trailer. It was my first time throwing braid with a leader. Crazy how much more sensitive it is. The finesse jig special was too underpowered for the swim jig with a trailer. Can't wait to try more stuff with the newly organized setups.
    Yeah the 7”2 swim jig to me is more of a Shaky head , Tube rod.
    Keep in mind …3/8 with a trailer is close to 3/4 ounce.
    That’s about the Cara head Turners limit.
    I like the Cara Head Turner for 1/4 , 5/16 ounce Jigs.
    The Expert head Turner is an amazing spinnerbait rod.

If I’m throwing 3/8 and 1/2 ounce jigs it’s the Cara 7”3 Amistad all day.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

6. Member
    I'm with Southcoast and JCB. I have 3 Cara Head Turners and always have a 1/2 oz spinnerbait tied on one.