Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Onboard Lithium Charger Question

I am running lithiums and am tired of having to plug in multiple chargers after each use. I am running two 36v in parallel for the trolling motor and two 12v in parallel for starting and electronics. I have seen where guys are reprogramming their onboard chargers for 12v lithiums. Is anyone aware of an onboard option for both the 12v and 36v batteries?

Stealth charger will do it. Charge on the fly and charge all batteries with one 12 volt charger. I've done it. they sell this exact one at Lithium Pros relabeled

http://www.stealth1charging.com/Data.html

Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

3. Member
    Yep. Running the same system for about 18 months now and works well.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

4. Banned
    Also running a stealth charger.

5. Member
    How would you connect the charger to a single 24v lithium battery ?
    Red to cranking battery positive
    Yellow to cranking battery negitive
    Orange to positive of 24v trolling motor battery

Does there need to be a jumper between the negative terminals on the cranking and trolling motor battery ?

Also heard about issues using with Minnkota's and built in transducers, something about the way they are grounded inside the motor head.
    Last edited by mwbass; 07-16-2019 at 05:54 PM.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Stealth charger will do it. Charge on the fly and charge all batteries with one 12 volt charger. I've done it. they sell this exact one at Lithium Pros relabeled

http://www.stealth1charging.com/Data.html

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbass View Post
    How would you connect the charger to a single 24v lithium battery ?
    Red to cranking battery positive
    Yellow to cranking battery negitive
    Orange to positive of 24v trolling motor battery

Does there need to be a jumper between the negative terminals on the cranking and trolling motor battery ?

Also heard about issues using with Minnkota's and built in transducers, something about the way they are grounded inside the motor head.
    Yes there is a yellow jumper wire that comes with it.

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I run the stealth 1 system, lithiums and an ultrex and no interference on my bow graph
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    I had that same Stealth 1 system with a 36v DC charger from Lithium Pros. My biggest complaint was that there is no way to know when the 36v batteries are full. Unless you want to putz around in the battery compartment every time with a voltimeter.

10. Member
    Aren't there lights on the charger that glow green once fully charged?
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    I had that same Stealth 1 system with a 36v DC charger from Lithium Pros. My biggest complaint was that there is no way to know when the 36v batteries are full. Unless you want to putz around in the battery compartment every time with a voltimeter.
    Danny at stealth sent me a gauge he modified to show voltage on 36 and 12.... He wont sell a whole kit without it. I havent installed it, no need.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Aren't there lights on the charger that glow green once fully charged?
    no not on the charge on the run, just a red led so you know its operational

13. Member
    My charger has 2 LED's on the charger itself. Once charged up the lED's turn green
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. Banned
    My charger has 2 LED's on the charger itself. Once charged up the lED's turn green
    on your 110v sure... NOT on the stealth charge on the run

15. Member
    That’s to charge 12v batteries. Then the DC charger takes the overflow to charge the 36v, but there is no light to let you know when the 36v is full.

16. Banned
    The dc system has a solid green light when it's hooked up correctly. The ac system will have two green lights on when the sytem is pluged into 110 and fully charged.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    The dc system has a solid green light when it's hooked up correctly. The ac system will have two green lights on when the sytem is pluged into 110 and fully charged.
    Then my DC charger for my 36v never worked because I would leave it plugged in all night and it would still be red the next day over 12 hours later.

18. Banned
    Then my DC charger for my 36v never worked because I would leave it plugged in all night and it would still be red the next day over 12 hours later.
    IT IS always red period... if your talking about the stealth. That RED led just lets you know its on or ready to use.

19. Member
    That’s to charge 12v batteries. Then the DC charger takes the overflow to charge the 36v, but there is no light to let you know when the 36v is full.
    I beg to differ. I have 2 LED's on my charger that plugs into the wall outlet. when the one battery is full it turns green and then the other turns green when the other battery is full
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

20. Member
    I beg to differ. I have 2 LED's on my charger that plugs into the wall outlet. when the one battery is full it turns green and then the other turns green when the other battery is full
    I’m talking about the DC charger that does NOT plug in to the wall outlet. I think you are talking about the AC charger. We’re talking about different things here, unless you have an older model no longer being made? Or a custom job where it was somehow programmed to charge a 36v battery from the AC unit instead of the DC unit?

The DC charger is the one in this photo, except mine is black. I think these were originally made by Stealth 1:

https://www.lithiumpros.com/product/lithium-pros-m3140-36ck-36v40ah-deep-cycle-lithium-ion-battery-kit/

This is a photo I found and the one on the left is the AC unit that plugs into the wall. The right side looks like an older version of the DC unit:

This is a photo I found and the one on the left is the AC unit that plugs into the wall. The right side looks like an older version of the DC unit.
    Last edited by toofy; 07-22-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast