Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monroe highwater update!

Cutright highwater launch now closed.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/20...roe-lake-1.php

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Looks like its a bit tough to get on that lake. I might just go down there next week though. Love to fish Monroe when its high in the spring. I've never been there when its as high as it is now though.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Looks like its a bit tough to get on that lake. I might just go down there next week though. Love to fish Monroe when its high in the spring. I've never been there when its as high as it is now though.
    Its a tough bite for sure, I went Sunday and caught lots of small ones. Its really hard to get to any water under 5 ft right now and I didn't see any fish on the beds yet.

4. Member
    It has has become tougher since the lake went from 10 to 14 feet high. I'm struggling to catch numbers of fish....I'm catching a few really nice ones though. I'm seeing more cruising and just suspending around the flooded cover. That tells me, along with what others are reporting, that the spawn is coming really soon.

5. Member
    They just opened the gate at the dam 2170 cfs release and dropping Monroe 0.02 ft per day again. Maybe they will be able to keep releasing but rain forcast every couple days in forcast still.

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    They just opened the gate at the dam 2170 cfs release and dropping Monroe 0.02 ft per day again.
    At that rate it will be April 2021 before its at summer pool.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

7. Member
    I did confirm with them that .2 feet a day is the max they can drop it 2170 CFS is max output

59866474_10213488881047506_1074305143320608768_n.jpg
    As long as you've got a 20 foot tree stand you're good to go lol. That's my buddy Blake on Saturday, don't think he'll care I shared this pic, too funny not to.

Crazy water temp swings lately on Monroe. Thursday in the USA Bassin we saw 73-75 degree water, bite was sloooow, we got 2nd place with a single 3 lber out of 14 boats. Yesterday in the USA Bassin the highest temps we saw all day was 56 but they were eating much better. Heather and I got the win with a little over 18 lbs. We culled numerous times and caught a lot of bass in general. There were 5 bags over 15 lbs out of 30 some boats. Still not on beds and so full of eggs they're about to pop.

9. Member
    Love the pic and WTG Skeeterator and Heather!

Great pic

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Love the pic and WTG Skeeterator and Heather!
    Thanks Chuck

12. Member
    Fished past that stand first thing Sunday morning. Was the Tom to the West, still gobbling ?

We didn't go in there Jeff so I don't know, Blake and John went back there Sunday. We started in vip, noticed the CO boat slips were empty and I told Heather they were probably out waiting for guys to run the slow side. Sure enough, that's where they were, they were coming back as we were pulling out of there around 10 a.m.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    We didn't go in there Jeff so I don't know, Blake and John went back there Sunday. We started in vip, noticed the CO boat slips were empty and I told Heather they were probably out waiting for guys to run the slow side. Sure enough, that's where they were, they were coming back as we were pulling out of there around 10 a.m.
    The COs have been on it, I think they have been up there waiting every weekend there is a tournament on Monroe this year.
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 05-14-2019 at 10:50 AM.

15. Member
    Years ago running wide open up towards Pine Grove, I ran my skeeter in the buck brush just before the Pine Grove Launch with DNR chasing me. I hid real good with them never finding me. However, all the buckbrush is gone and all you have is mud humps there now. Got lucky!

Last edited by fishinarc; 02-04-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    ..And some wonder why our DNR officers seem to seek out bass fishermen more than any other user group..
    They seek out fishermen because we are an easy target. The only time I got a ticket it was the start of a tournament right at day break on a Sunday. There was a CO in Pine Grove, one in Allens Creek, one in Moores Creek and two in Middle Fork. I don't think they were looking for drunk college students on jet skis.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

18. Banned
    I don’t even think the DNR comes to Patoka anymore. I rarely outside the holiday weekends.

Last edited by fishinarc; 02-04-2023 at 08:50 AM.

20. Member
    I will never understand, they put a 10 mph on upper Patoka for miles and idle zone in the biggest lake in the state—Monroe for miles. Rocket science?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast