Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by #1MagicStick View Post
    Is it in a cup with or without a lid? If you turn it upside down will the contents empty, if yes, that's an open container no matter what kind of words you want to describe it. I guess your laws in Texas are very lenient on this subject.
    It would be interesting to hear some LEOs give their interpretation of open container laws.

That being said I think common sense dictates the owner researched itdeeply and is complying with the absolute letter of the law in conducting business. Especially in an alcohol busineese that is closely monitored.

Is it in a cup with or without a lid? If you turn it upside down will the contents empty, if yes, that's an open container no matter what kind of words you want to describe it. I guess your laws in Texas are very lenient on this subject.
    You do realize that most of the country is in a state of emergency/stupidity/panic. A lot of states/cities relaxed liquor licensing rules to allow things like this to keep people employed. If there is a lid on it and no straw I'd roll the dice taking that charge to court any day of the week...

Same concept is why growlers are allowed...in some places they tape the lids shut..other states they don't...by your logic thats also and open container.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    You do realize that most of the country is in a state of emergency/stupidity/panic. A lot of states/cities relaxed liquor licensing rules to allow things like this to keep people employed. If there is a lid on it and no straw I'd roll the dice taking that charge to court any day of the week...

Same concept is why growlers are allowed...in some places they tape the lids shut..other states they don't...by your logic thats also and open container.

This business operates exact same way year round. They are doing it the same they would be even without this going on.

4. Member
    Knowing how conservative most small Texas towns are, I'm kind of surprised that town approved that business and gave them a liquor license.

Not saying that it shouldn't be up to people to drink responsibly, but to me, it's almost like buying a milkshake. Most people typically don't wait until they get home to drink it, but rather take a few slurps out of it while it's nice and cold and frozen.

Louisiana will be Louisiana. Entirely different state with different characteristics.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    You'll need to go to Dairy Queen (also popular in Texas) to ensure that won't happen.
    They put alcohol in your shakes and ice-cream there also?

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    They put alcohol in your shakes and ice-cream there also?

Strictly B.Y.O.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Nope. Liquor stores are deemed essential in Texas and its up to the individual counties to set the level of restrictions if they so choose. I figure its no different than drive thru food. People are inside their cars and practicing proper social distancing.
    Wow. Even NV (Vegas) made liquor stores close.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    Knowing how conservative most small Texas towns are, I'm kind of surprised that town approved that business and gave them a liquor license.

Not saying that it shouldn't be up to people to drink responsibly, but to me, it's almost like buying a milkshake. Most people typically don't wait until they get home to drink it, but rather take a few slurps out of it while it's nice and cold and frozen.

Louisiana will be Louisiana. Entirely different state with different characteristics.
    Exactly, you can't even get folks to stay home as asked and you expect them to not start drinking something in a container like this.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Strictly B.Y.O.
    Then that's on you taking personal responsibility but reading between the lines I catch your drift they can't be expected not to thus my overall point.

Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post

A margarita should never be frozen....thats just gross. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Wow. Even NV (Vegas) made liquor stores close.

Gun ranges are still open here too

For all of the people wigging out about a drive through daiquiri or margarita and someone driving with it and possibly (GASP!) drinking some or all of it on the way home, think about this. If the business was open for dining in and the person went inside and drank a drink and then drove home, would there still be this much OUTRAGE? Didn't think so. Get over it and move on to something worthy of your indignation. They won't be drunk. It's not like someone is driving around the block a few times and loading up on margaritas. It's one. Yes, they could be ticketed for open container. They won't be ticketed for drunk driving.

13. Banned
    Chit the weed shops are doing curb side service since people can't go in the store.

here the state O.K. Liquor Stores could make home deliveries now...

15. Member
    I own container laws are dumb. Passengers should be able to drink if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Dean, maybe this could be our side gig now or our main gig if things don’t turn around.
    oh good lord I hope not

I hope the don’t leave the drive through texting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123