Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Costco sells all black interstates for like $85.00/EA I think I am going with them this spring for my boat.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Interstate and Everstart are the exact same batteries. Not similar, not just made by the same manufacturer, they are EXACTLY the same - Interstate SRM = EverStart Maxx. The only difference is one is green while the other is black and they have different stickers. This is the same story with any deep cycle batteries made by Johnson Controls, and there are a BUNCH of them.

Duracell (Batteries Plus, Sam's Club), Super Start (O'Reilly's), Deka, most NAPA, and many others are made by East Penn. I'm an East Penn fan so I get the Duracells. Group 31 at Sam's Club is right at $100.

Also worth mentioning as many aren't aware, common marine battery group sizes from smallest to largest: 34, 24, 27, 29/31. Yep, 34 is the smallest, and 29 and 31 are the same. Johnson Controls, Exide, and East Penn are (basically) the only wet cell manufacturers for batteries in the US, so any name brand will be one of those (aside from Trojan, which makes their own).
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

3. Member
    Everstarts 29's it is. thanks everybody!! Colorado river "lake Mohave" 70's tomorrow. Can't wait!!

Wally world, for 25+ years. As long as you go straight to the auto area and straight out, you can bring the kids, they won't see things they shouldn't.

5. Member
    Was at Wal-mart yesterday looking at batteries for for my Boat. Auto Service guy says we do not sell batteries for boats.. He was standing next to a rack of Everstarts ...

Quote Originally Posted by oli3665 View Post
    Just a weekend angler that needs 2 new deep ell batteries on a budget! Going to Wal-Mart after work, any suggestions?. looking to spend no more than $125 ea. Thanks in advance for any replies
    oli
    You never did specify if you wanted trolling or cranking batteries. Buy saying you want 2 batteries I will assume you need trolling batteries but I will give a reply for trolling and cranking.

If you're looking for trolling motor batteries then a Everstart battery will do just fine. I have ran them for 20 or so years and typically get 3 years out of a set of trolling motor batteries. Now if you looking for a cranking battery then I have never seen a cranking battery at Wal-Mart that has enough cranking amps for my motor. Older carburator motor might get buy on 600 or 700 cranking amps but most motors made in the last several years require 800-1000 cranking amps. I have looked at Wal Mart and I have yet to see a battery with that many cranking amps....now Sam Club does have an AGM battery that has 1000 cranking amps and it is an excellent battery but it will cost more than what you have planned in your budget.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Was a dealer for years for interstate do yourself a favor DONT BUY an interstate... Sams Duracell cant be beat for quality warranty and price. best battery for the money

8. Member
    well there is a Sam's in Laughlin!! Way to go K&k Decisions, decisions. I just want t go fish. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oli3665 View Post
    well there is a Sam's in Laughlin!! Way to go K&k Decisions, decisions. I just want t go fish. LOL
    Sam Duracell AGM is an excellent battery but your budget is $125 and it's more like $175 if my memory is correct.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Sam Duracell AGM is an excellent battery but your budget is $125 and it's more like $175 if my memory is correct.
    depends what group size think they start at 120 and go up to 175 for the group 31 big boy.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KOBASSATTACK1 View Post
    I have always had my best luck with interstate, have tried others but always came back to interstate.
    Ditto that...

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Was a dealer for years for interstate do yourself a favor DONT BUY an interstate... Sams Duracell cant be beat for quality warranty and price. best battery for the money
    Logistics with Sam's though. Have to be a member. Walmart owns Sam's. Walmart Open 24/7 in most BFE areas we all fish in. Walmart just makes more sense.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Now if you looking for a cranking battery then I have never seen a cranking battery at Wal-Mart that has enough cranking amps for my motor. Older carburator motor might get buy on 600 or 700 cranking amps but most motors made in the last several years require 800-1000 cranking amps. I have looked at Wal Mart and I have yet to see a battery with that many cranking amps...
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart...-29DC/20531543
    Looks like 845 amps to me.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

ANYTHING is way better than an Interstate......

15. Member
    I have been happy with my Everstart Maxx's for years.

16. Member
    I've been more than happy with Interstates over the past 10 years

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    Another one for interstate
    We have an Interstate recycling location in Ral that refurbs batteries on site and resells them. I got a $200+ Mercedes Battery for 39.95. They have Deep cycle 29's for under 50. They come with a year warranty. I have had several sets in diff boats with no issues.

18. Member
    Didn't know ever start are same as interstate

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Yep. I didn't want to get in a pissing match, but I've never had issues cranking new motors with Everstart 29's. 36v Ultrex, 3 Helix 12's, etc, etc, etc.

Never an issue. I've considered dropping the $$ for lithium a few times, but just cant seem to convince myself to walk away from what works and that has been Everstart 29 crankers for about as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    Didn't know ever start are same as interstate
    they didn't used to be but Walmart changed manufacturers recently and they are pretty identical now just looking at weight/specs/etc
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast