Thread: Fish ID?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I turned my fish Id on and I did not see any of the fish pictues. Does my jig mode have to be turned on? I have a 999 with 7.650 software
    FishID works with the new software with Jigging Mode ON or Off, BUT the 2D is screwed up using Jigging Mode OFF.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Does mine have the new software or the old? If I turn my jig mode on will i be able to see the fish symbols.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

*BRIAN CASKEY*
    '00 Tracker ProTeam 185 Special Edition
    '99 75 hp Merc ELPTO (ser. 0G837626)
    Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/Ipilot
    Helix 10 Sonar/GPS / bow 360 / RC-1
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3
    STRICTLY Shimano and St. Croix!!!!

My wife has an apple computer that does not play nice with humminbirds website. When I download stuff it comes up with a bunch of symbols that I can't read. my software is 7.650 but i dont know if thats the latest

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

yes... that is the latest SW
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3

So i guess I will be able to see the fish symbols?

yes.. as long as you are over fish, and they are big enough to show a fish symbol... (there are Fish ID sensitivity settings and what size symbols you want to show on the screen... check those too)
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3

Thank you. I appreciate all the information

So i went out today with my fish Id on and I still cant see the fish image. I put it on jig mode and it was doubling my water depth so i turned it off and depth was reading correctly. What am i doing wrong to see the fish image? My fish ID is on.

I was at the same lake as above on Wednesday and was using current software with one of my 1198's. I used Switchfire Clear, 83/200 kHz, Jigging mode on, Chart speed at 5 which is the GPS speed, and Default Sensitivity for both 2D and FishID.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I dont know why mine does not show the fish symbols unless the 999s just dont

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    FishID works with the new software with Jigging Mode ON or Off, BUT the 2D is screwed up using Jigging Mode OFF.
    Mine is just the opposite. The jigging mode screwed mine up

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I dont know why mine does not show the fish symbols unless the 999s just dont
    My 798ci SI Combo works the same way for FishID and both 1198's work the same way with the pre-83 kHz glitch software. All core units should do the same.

I don't have a XX9 model but all the XX7 and XX8 models I have used including the 800 and 900 series work the same.
    The Matrix 97 I used to have worked the same also.

The ONIX needs some software changes to make it work similar.

I could only guess that maybe re-installing the current software may fix it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Ok. Ill see about reinstalling the software. Not gona lie ima lill nervous about it cuz Iv read so many horror stories about bricking the unit

BTW thank you for all your knowledge and and sharing it with all of us

15. Member
    My 1199 shows fish ID with no issues.

I down loaded hb pc ad the current software to a SD card, but the unit says its already current and will not accept the software on the card??? Im sorry I took this thread over with all my questions?
    Last edited by Tim W; 11-14-2015 at 10:00 PM.

You will have to go back to a previous software version and then go forward again......I know, kind of a pain .....When you do the update, don't have anything but power connected to the unit and reset defaults before and after.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Ok where in the heck is the previous software? I only see the one for the version i already have.

Thank you for the advice .

I hope this fixes the issue
    Last edited by Tim W; 11-14-2015 at 11:03 PM.

19. Member
    http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com

you can get them here or have someone who has them saved can send you the updates you need

Just don't go backwards any further than the release that came on the unit ..... I always save all my previous updates on my computer......If you have only updated once, you don't have that option.
    If you don't know what release came on the unit, call HB customer service and they can tell you ..... If you talk to them real sweet they may send it to you.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast