Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Keep sending us pics!

2. Member
    I hope I am missing something but the coin box on the 198 will leak like a sieve.

3. Banned
    This boat looks awesome. But, you loose under seat storage and 1/3 of starboard storage. Two rod lockers? I can fit 16 rods in my Triton center rod box. Looks like now only 12-14 will fit. Meaning some rods will have to go in port box. Now you've lost port box for storage. Where do you put your tackle? In the battery compartment?
    After seeing the storage layout I'm not so crazy about it anymore. After all it's a tin fishing boat, I have a lot of gear.

Iam just super excited over the step and pad hull. I did notice the things mrc. pointed out. But dam this is a Beauty!

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by danfromwindsor View Post
    Interesting. How is the 185 different from the 518 non C?
    Judging by the trailer and a few other things this looks like a (meet a targeted price point) boat.

6. Member
    I'm going to wait for the RT 218....

Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    This boat looks awesome. But, you loose under seat storage and 1/3 of starboard storage. Two rod lockers? I can fit 16 rods in my Triton center rod box. Looks like now only 12-14 will fit. Meaning some rods will have to go in port box. Now you've lost port box for storage. Where do you put your tackle? In the battery compartment?
    After seeing the storage layout I'm not so crazy about it anymore. After all it's a tin fishing boat, I have a lot of gear.
    Put all your rods in the port box, (take out tubes)and store tackle in the center compartment just like a glass boat

Yep makes me wonder too, three 18 foot glass boats, 518, 518c, and now 185, wonder if they will be dropping the non c boat hulls and replacing with a new line of 100 series boats. 175, 185, 195, ect... all based on the 175 hull and cap design?

Quote Originally Posted by danfromwindsor View Post
    Interesting. How is the 185 different from the 518 non C?

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    OK, I want to amend my comment here I thought that the rod box pictures were port and center boxes. I know realize it's 2 pics of the port box. The center rod box is the same. Damn it now I'm all geeked up again. Lol.

I'm not an aluminum boat guy but that is a good looking boat. My next boat will definitely have the dry storage between the seats. Also, I really like how Ranger lays out the front decks on their boats. The cooler in the front deck would work really well for me.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFLA View Post
    Yep makes me wonder too, three 18 foot glass boats, 518, 518c, and now 185, wonder if they will be dropping the non c boat hulls and replacing with a new line of 100 series boats. 175, 185, 195, ect... all based on the 175 hull and cap design?
    Has me wondering too....can't imagine they keep three models of the 18 footer.
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Has me wondering too....can't imagine they keep three models of the 18 footer.
    I hope not, the Z118/518s look a hell of a lot nicer than that Z185.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by besnyde View Post
    I hope not, the Z118/518s look a hell of a lot nicer than that Z185.
    As a long time Ranger owner, I think I'm allowed to say that 185 looks like crap.

What's that fiberglass doing on the decks? Skimping on carpet?

The 185 reminds me of the old Sport series. Priced closer to the working man. Can't complain about high prices and then complain about a model skimping on material to save money. I still would like to see a 20 foot model that is setup like this. Z200? 520 Classic? Have a 520 hull and plain on top. Maybe a 225. Add a couple good graphs and a bigger TM, done. Get the price down around $38,000. I would be there in a heart beat. Sorry I was in dreamland again.

15. Member
    I dont pick up my 2017 RT 188 till next Tuesday.... But Im still happy with my choice.

16. Member
    Love that step on the 185, wish I had one on mine, getting older!

What you are seeing is the end of Stratos boats. The new Ranger 185 is a morph from the Stratos 189 vlo. No new models of Stratos boats. They will slowly morph a few of the popular Stratos models into Ranger boats then stop building Stratos boats over the next year or two. Ranger will maintain its own identity with the Z500C line, most likely putting the Stratos morphs in the new 100 series or something similar.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    What you are seeing is the end of Stratos boats. The new Ranger 185 is a morph from the Stratos 189 vlo. No new models of Stratos boats. They will slowly morph a few of the popular Stratos models into Ranger boats then stop building Stratos boats over the next year or two. Ranger will maintain its own identity with the Z500C line, most likely putting the Stratos morphs in the new 100 series or something similar.
    I was thinking Stratos when I seen those pics lol.

19. Member
    On the 185, For those of us that like a single console Ranger wastes space in that area where the passenger console mounts. In this case the deck is shortened. Additionally that rubber padded area on the passenger side adjacent to the white deck gel coat is odd. Is that a light that facing the passenger ? seems like a design where someone said, "Hey we need something right here".

Last, what is up with pop up cleats on the inside of the gunnel....Wont rope drape over the genes gel end up scratching it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    On the 185, For those of us that like a single console Ranger wastes space in that area where the passenger console mounts. In this case the deck is shortened. Additionally that rubber padded area on the passenger side adjacent to the white deck gel coat is odd. Is that a light that facing the passenger ? seems like a design where someone said, "Hey we need something right here".

Last, what is up with pop up cleats on the inside of the gunnel....Wont rope drape over the genes gel end up scratching it?
    Looks like a Measuring board in a holder not a light. Agree with the rope issue tho

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast