years oldime please at

Heaviest I have ever been, any tips to just lose a little weight before I go the gym thing which I really don't want to do with this big deadly bug going around!

Screwed the title of my post, battery went down in more ways than one

Five foot 11 inches tall and pushing 268, trouble breathing, coughing my head off plus cant sleep. I think I am at the end of the line where I either have to lose if its not to late or just lay in my recliner and sleep the rest of the way.
    Last edited by CaymasRodney; 03-08-2020 at 03:56 AM.

2. Member
    The fastest way to take weight off safely is to look closely at your diet. Avoid saturated fat in your food, 10-12 grams a day maximum. Avoid boxed food, shop the outside isle of your grocery store. Ask your doctor to give you a prescription to see a nutritionist. Don’t go to a gym now, just start walking every day outside. Start out small and keep adding distance as you feel you can. If you can walk and talk at the same time you are ok, when you can’t your not. Get a Fitbit to measure your success and monitor your heart rate. Don’t give up!

If you are not sleeping, plus you are coughing, you probably have acid reflux. Don’t eat anything after your small dinner.

3. Member
    Rodney, on Jan 13 I was 263lbs. My wife wanted to do a whole foods plant based diet. Now, I am a meat eater and love it and have never met a desert I didn't like. So giving up meat, dairy,sugar and all processed foods was not a option. She talked me into giving it a try for 1 week. The first week was not easy, at the end of the week I started to notice my joints were not as sore and i just felt better. I decided to stick with it. After the 1st week I noticed I have had Zero cravings and I am never Hungry. I don't count calories I eat until I am full. As far as the food the 1st week I had to force myself to eat the meals. I like MEAT! After a couple weeks I was amazed my taste buds changed. I now enjoy the meals and find myself looking forward to them. I got a fit bit and started walking started with 5000 steps. Today I am 236 and walked 17000 steps. 5 inches off my waist and 2 pant sizes. I am on my way to a new me. Just try to change 1 thing you don't have to start like I did. Good luck

Start off walking every day. Each day you will be able to go a little further and faster.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. Member
    Thanks guys, been trying to walk but the weather doesn't work on my schedule i have dropped a little bit from mainly diet, hopefully the warmer weather comes up to walk on our road to avoid the crowds at the parks, if they are open.

6. Member
    Scarsdale Medical Diet...........................works very well. If you want to lose weight quickly, this will do it.

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Eat less. There is no other secret. No snacks, no added sugar and cut your portions down. Go to a restaurant cut everything in half and take part of it home. Everything you eat, look for fiber. You should have 38 grams a day. Eating more fiber curbs your appetite and can modulate blood sugar to keep you from craving food.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    I just read your post, about losing weight. I like what you're saying. I have gained at least 20 to 25 pounds over the past two months. Mostly due to steroids. I had Bells Palsy. I just finished the taking them. I am also diabetic. As you can imagine, my blood sugars were on a roller coaster. As you stated my cravings have the best of me. I am 5'8" and right about 190#. I believe that now is probably the best time to get a plan together. If you want to put your two cents in, I am open to suggestions and support. Thank you.

9. Member
    Walking,do away with all sugar!

10. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    for one week, change nothing...……...add up every calorie you take in each day...……..on day 8, add them up and take the average...…...remove 1000 calories from that and track yourself for 14 days...…...see if you like what you see, if too fast, go back up 200...……..if not fast enough, cut 200 more...……..this is assuming you are likely taking in 3000 or less at the moment...…….if you are taking in a lot more, you need to get down to 1500/day likely no matter what numbers you have at the moment

this works...…….after that, frequent small meals that are whole foods...…….not processed...…..only good carbs...……….good luck
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Quote Originally Posted by jclark408 View Post
    for one week, change nothing...……...add up every calorie you take in each day...……..on day 8, add them up and take the average...…...remove 1000 calories from that and track yourself for 14 days...…...see if you like what you see, if too fast, go back up 200...……..if not fast enough, cut 200 more...……..this is assuming you are likely taking in 3000 or less at the moment...…….if you are taking in a lot more, you need to get down to 1500/day likely no matter what numbers you have at the moment

this works...…….after that, frequent small meals that are whole foods...…….not processed...…..only good carbs...……….good luck
    Never thought of it this way, makes a lot of sense.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

12. Member
    Look into intermittent fasting. It works.

Stop eating bread, pasta, pizza, bagels, etc. all the things you love. Lower you carbs as much as possible and also walk every day.

14. Member
    Buddy and i am walking two to half miles early morning then doing up to 25 setup twice a day, starting to lose a little and feel a little better, still got a looming way to go i am 5'11" and toped out at 270, now i am down to 256 with the Dr hot on my tale to go something. Sugar leverl was 7.5 last time i checked so i have got to more.

15. Banned
    Walk walk walk walk, cut out sodas if you drink them, limit your meal size

16. Member
    I dropped 20 once, just eliminating beer and soda.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

17. Member
    Just saw this. Rodney keep at it man. Changes you make now will make a HUGE difference in quality of life later. Take care of your heart now before it’s too late. Do it for your family.

18. Member
    Second the cutting out soda and sugar. I am addicted to Coke and Pepsi. Was good until about a year ago when I suddenly packed on an extra 20. I know cutting it out works, had marital issues about 10 years ago and stomach was messed up. Couldn't drink soda and lost 20 lbs pronto. Now at 220 and I really need to drop and get my annual blood work tests back in shape. Now substituting water for soda pop. Hope I can stick with it.

19. Member
    My wife and I are absolutely drenched with sweat walking right now in the AM.. But, the extra weight has stayed off. We try and eat only whole foods, nothing processed. I might have four cans of Diet Coke a week? We go through a gallon of Splenda tea a day. I'd like to lose a little more, but it's fairly easy to maintain my current weight.