Gambler trim tab replacement question.......

Hey guys-
    So, one of my trim tabs on my 2004 Gambler 2100 finally gave up. A few years back, I was able to do a combo of gorilla glue and install a stainless bolt through the piston of the trim tab actuator that attaches to the tab, and that surprisingly has totally held up, and is actually still holding!
    But, the trim tab/actuator itself has just quit working. Loud grinding sound and no movement of the piston/tab.

I purchased new Lenco trim tabs from Gambler a few years ago (when I had the other problem mentioned above), but didn't need them at the time since my repair job worked out. Fast forward to today, and I need to replace the trim tab actuators.

So, my question is this:
    It appears that the trim tab actuators actually go up inside a large metal tube mounted in the transom. Am I able to remove the trim tab actuators without having to remove those metal tubes from the hull/transom? I don't want to remove those tubes and the bottom ring plate if I don't have to, since the tubes appear to be bolted and glued to the hull and is heavily water-sealed with silicone or something. Since that tube seems to be hollow (looking up inside of it from under the boat), I am assuming I can install the new actuators right up inside those tubes? Is this correct?

Is there some kind of mounting bracket or something at the top if the trim tab actuator inside these tubes that attaches the actuator to these tubes? I did notice inside the battery compartment that there are three stainless bolts with lock nuts on the top of these tubes, and also this is where the power cable comes through the top.

Any Gambler DIY guys out there that have done this project?

2. Member
    You have to access and replace the actuators through the battery compartment. The toughest part is getting in a position to take the 3 nuts off the tops. It really is pretty easy to do. Use the best quality silicon you can find. Make sure when you cut the wires to leave enough room to work outside of the compartment. I replaced the port side on my 2008 2100.