Want to become a millionaire ?

Find an old building that is scheduled to be torn down. You and your friends paint murals on this old building. After the building ( which you and your friends do not own) is torn down to make way for a new building, you sue the contractor.

And the judge awards you and your "artist" friends $6.7 million dollars.

i will be out looking for old buildings in NYC, and some think Cali. Is the land of the nuts and fruits

Do stick drawings count as art?

Is there a link to this story?

4. Member
    You're missing a few details here. The artists paid for the space, it was a major tourist attraction, and the art was most likely protected by federal law. The case around federal protection was in the courts when the building owner painted over all of the murals.

5. Member
    Well California has the same idiots running our courts. Same thing happened out here a while back, someone spray painted up a guys building and called it art. When the building owner painted over it he was sued by the so called artist and he won a settlement. They spray paint everything that isn't nailed down around here, looks horrible. There is a graffiti abatement crew that runs around trying to cover it up but there is no way they can keep up.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

6. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Why anyone still lives in California is really baffling to me.
    Last edited by bassnman81; 02-15-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

7. Member
    Even if the artists paid for the space, a $6.7 million settlement seems a bit excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Why anyone still lives in California id really baffling to me.
    Best state for bass fishing?

NEVER GIVE UP!

9. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Let’s face it there’s a bit to it than that

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Find an old building that is scheduled to be torn down. You and your friends paint murals on this old building. After the building ( which you and your friends do not own) is torn down to make way for a new building, you sue the contractor.

i will be out looking for old buildings in NYC, and some think Cali. Is the land of the nuts and fruits
    Fake or at least incomplete news. Beginning with the word Judge (since it was a Civil Jury award). Too bad whats-his-name is no longer around to tell us the rest of the (real) story.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    You're missing a few details here. The artists paid for the space, it was a major tourist attraction, and the art was most likely protected by federal law. The case around federal protection was in the courts when the building owner painted over all of the murals.
    Oh yea, damn building OWNER painted his own building. How dare he do something like that to something he OWNS

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    What???... Dan

13. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Oh yea, damn building OWNER painted his own building. How dare he do something like that to something he OWNS
    His right to paint over them ended when he leased the space to the artists to paint it.
    His mistake was painting over them after court proceedings to save them had been started. Had he allowed the artists time to move their work, etc prior to demolition this would have never happened. Instead he painted over them under cover of darkness despite active court proceedings designed to protect them.

14. Member

Is NYC worth $6.7 million.

15. Member
    New York, enough said. A state that will prosecute a homeowner for shooting a burglar who comes into their home. I kid you not.

one of the reasons I moved out of that messed up state ha

16. Member

Yep, the dumbest thing I have heard a judge do in quite some time and that is saying something since judges have done stupid stuff for years.

17. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    Yep, the dumbest thing I have heard a judge do in quite some time and that is saying something since judges have done stupid stuff for years.
    Punish someone for disobeying the court?

Well the RR will be the next to be sued. All that "Artwork" on those boxcars.

read this, little history on the judge --- was there any doubt?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1188404