Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Going Legend to Phoenix

Good heavens not me, however I see one of our family is leaving us. We don't see this often, but it will be good to hear his opinion concerning both rigs. The so called big debate between the two companies is always fun to read. Maybe looks, finish, go to Legend. Maybe speed layout go to Phoenix. I am wondering if anyone has come from Phoenix to Legend. It would be nice to hear their opinion. All and all the debate will surely go on, but one thing is for sure with all the positives comments about both companies products there is no question in my mind that these are some of the best rigs in the industry today.

2. Member
    Ive been around both and I will keep my Legend.

3. Member
    Guy in OKC area had 921 and went to v20 with 250 sho then now is in a Ranger 520c with new evinrude. Hopefully he shares his experience of the 3. I want to hear about the Evinrude 250. Heard it was very good whole shot and mid range to top end.

4. Banned
    Pro?

5. Member
    Ive been in both. Both boats are very close in everything. Phoenix are a few mph faster. Both are great boat company's

6. Member
    jimbotaylor will hopefully come along and share his thoughts. He was one that had both and now the ranger

Hickory legend has owned both. He is a straight shooter.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beebow View Post
    Guy in OKC area had 921 and went to v20 with 250 sho then now is in a Ranger 520c with new evinrude. Hopefully he shares his experience of the 3. I want to hear about the Evinrude 250. Heard it was very good whole shot and mid range to top end.
    fishing partner has a new G2! I was totally against it when he ordered it but now I would buy one it's the real deal.

9. Member
    That's what I heard also. Heard it was real deal.

10. Member
    I thought I had read the G3 is a real torque monster over all other brand engines.

It's the hole shot king!

I have rode and fished out of all three. I base my decision to go with legend based on my local dealer. There are things I like about all three. Ride legend, speed Phoenix, craftsmanship Ranger. The new V20 has changed my mind completely, I love everything about it. Looks, layout, functionality, storage, and feel. I personally would not be ashamed or disappointed to run any of the three. Legend and my Local dealer have always gone out of their way to take care of me and others that own legend that is why I am in the works on Number 3, and I am not a pro-staffer that has to run legend I chose to.

My fishing partner has a Ranger 520 with an evinrude and runs like a scalded dog. FYI

12. Member
    I would take most comparisons by people with a grain of salt. Very, very few people will give a real good "unbiased" evaluation of a boat they just dropped $60+ for. Ego is a tough pill to swallow and fishermen, by the way, are pretty good liars.

13. Member
    Phoenix is just not a pretty boat and the layout is too much like the old stratos boats that they were based on. IMO from what i've seen of the legends they are very nice boats. i like the big middle storage box on the new V series and the layout in general is just better and i like the looks. i've considered looking at them if/when i decide to sell my cat

14. Member
    I have to agree the layout on the Pheonix resembles a stratos but it don't get much better than the 201 deck.

How much can a layout actually change on a bassboat?
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

16. Member
    i chose a phoenix like the graphics on the ledgend like the ride on the phoenix .

17. Member
    I took a trip over to Wedowee marine and I asked them which they would prefer for the ride?? I was looking toward a Pheonix...they quoted "A Legend is like a lambrogini and then Pheonix is like a BMW"....That is a big difference

They also told me that I had no room for power poles...just Talons...but that my 10 yr old LE21 was looking sweet.....

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_Master View Post
    I took a trip over to Wedowee marine and I asked them which they would prefer for the ride?? I was looking toward a Pheonix...they quoted "A Legend is like a lambrogini and then Pheonix is like a BMW"....That is a big difference

They also told me that I had no room for power poles...just Talons...but that my 10 yr old LE21 was looking sweet.....
    Only thing about that statement is, when I go down the interstate today I will likely see several BMW's, I would be shocked if I saw a Lamborghini.

19. Member
    Phoenix must be doing something right cause they are moving a lot of boats right now

20. Member
    That's why more people shop at Walmart more then other stores, price has a huge impact on sales. Point taken, but most likely not intended on the BMW and Lamborghini comment.
    Last edited by Jiggen; 01-18-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast