Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    I have my head units picked out but have no idea of what else I need to order to hook everything up. My plan is an Helix 12 Chirp/GPS at bow with 360. Then dual Helix 10's at the dash. One will be a Helix 10 SI/GPS and the other a Helix 10 Sonar/GPS. To be able to get this on one order through my rep I need to know what else is needed to link all this together besides what comes with each unit. Such as how many and what lengths of Ethernet cables?? 5 port hub or two 5 port hubs?? Adapters/dongles?? The boat is a Ranger RT188 so 18' 8" in length. I will be running a 2" BBT mount up front across the trolling pedal tray and a dual dash mount from BBT at the console. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    2015 RT188 Mercury 4 Stroke Laser II 21P
    Helix 12/360 Imaging/Dual Helix 10's/Ultrex

I have most of them figured out thanks to a video on you tube from Doug. I still need a number for the extension cable to hook on to the 360 and reach to the hub under the console. Is it the same as the other Ethernet cables or does it have different ends?

Quote Originally Posted by jigging15 View Post
    I have most of them figured out thanks to a video on you tube from Doug. I still need a number for the extension cable to hook on to the 360 and reach to the hub under the console. Is it the same as the other Ethernet cables or does it have different ends?
    The 360 comes with a 20' Ethernet cable AS EC 20E. It is not an extension cable. You cannot connect an extension cable to the 360.
    It also comes with the AS GPS HS antenna.

The Ethernet switch is powered so you plan on its location and then the Ethernet cable lengths to connect each unit to the switch.
    There is a 2', 10', 15', 20', and 30' Ethernet cable and a 30' extension cable.
    You will have 4 Ethernet devices and the switch has 5 ports.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks.

5. Member
    I just bought my first huminbird. Its onix 10 cxi si combo. Thats going to my console, but i'm wondering which hb units are connectable with onix? Can i connect helix, ion, some older humminbirds or just another onix units? I'm looking another unit for my bow..

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkkah View Post
    I just bought my first huminbird. Its onix 10 cxi si combo. Thats going to my console, but i'm wondering which hb units are connectable with onix? Can i connect helix, ion, some older humminbirds or just another onix units? I'm looking another unit for my bow..
    You can connect any Humminbird Ethernet capable unit to the ONIX 10 and share waypoints.

If you want to share any other data, it would have to be another ONIX or an ION.
    They would share mapping also.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    I have a Helix 10 unit at the bow and at the console. will they share a lake master map card?

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerJ View Post
    I have a Helix 10 unit at the bow and at the console. will they share a lake master map card?
    No and no other mapping either.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    thanks, what a joke. all the money for the units and cables and now i have shell out an additional 125 for another map card.

10. Member
    Guys, is there any kind of rigging kit to mount Helix 12 flush at the bow?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SE66 View Post
    Thought I would post a few pics of my install this past weekend. HB1199 at the BOW, Helix 10 SI at the Console.
    Would you tell me what mount you used at the bow (looks like BBT)? Also, can you still use the beverage holder? thanks

12. Member
    How hard is it to take the panels off the sides in a crestliner?
    I am considering installing the Onix myself in my 17 Crestliner vision.
    I also need to get the ethernet cable and ground/power to the passenger side console.

Should I go the 2nd fuse panel route on the pass side (under the console?)

Also, I need ideas as to how best to install the 2nd Onix 10 on the pass side console.
    here is a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Alright guys have my helix 12 on the bow. And all wires ran to the console for dial helix 10s. To power my ethernet hub do you guys feel it would be a problem splicing into one of the helix 10 power feeds to power up the ethernet hub?
    Nitro z21

14. Member
    Probably not a problem but, You will want a switch to power off the Ethernet switch so you don,t run your battery down. Bob

15. Member
    Already have a switch installed thanks
    Nitro z21

16. Member
    Question... Final stages of my install! I have a new Helix 9 DI/GPS Unit and want to "shoot thru" hull install the transducer. Do i need another transducer or can I use the one that came with it. I have a Stratos 294XL BOAT. There is already a older transducer in the bilge area from my original Lowrance unit. I plan removing,cleaning the area for my new transducer. Thanks in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lylesm View Post
    Question... Final stages of my install! I have a new Helix 9 DI/GPS Unit and want to "shoot thru" hull install the transducer. Do i need another transducer or can I use the one that came with it. I have a Stratos 294XL BOAT. There is already a older transducer in the bilge area from my original Lowrance unit. I plan removing,cleaning the area for my new transducer. Thanks in advance!!!
    Yes you can use the transom DI transducer for shoot-thru. The XIH 9 DI T is the same transducer and comes with epoxy.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Thanks Wayne! Your are a great resource for this forum.

19. Member
    So this seems like the place to be for Depth finder information. I would like to run my plan past you professionals for some advice and to answer some questions I have. I just purchased 2 helix 9 si's for my boat and my plans now are to mount one at the bow and one at the console. I will be running 14 gauge wire from the front to the fuse block underneath the console and be soldering in both depth finders to those wires. My first question is should I use a 3 amp fuse or since 2 depth finders on the same wire should that be bumped up. Also I don't quite understand the linking of the 2 units via ethernet. I already have the cable and adapters but I'm not quite sure how that works with dropping waypoints on the mapping cards or even which mapping cards to get. The last question I can think of is where to mount the depth finder in the rear, I want to split it with a y cable and a xp 9 20 transducer in the hull to give me on plane speed and depth readings. I do not have a jack plate on my engine nor is my boat super wide so I'm concerned about my engine blocking one side of the side imagining. All advice will be greatly appreciated and please pardon me for my ignorance on the topic as these are my first real depth finders, and the first ones I will be installing! Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BrianSmithFishn; 10-20-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Do not use the boat wiring harness in any way. Pull a circuit for the bow unit all the way to the battery. Same for the console unit. Fuse the circuits at the battery.
    An alternative is to install a dedicated electronics fuse panel and then connect the units to that. Circuit breaker at the battery for the fuse panel. Correct fuse in the panel for each individual unit.

Waypoints are created and written to the unit's memory, they are never to be on any map card for any reason. Waypoints are GPS data, mapping is map data, they are different.

The added mapping should have the waters you will navigate on--check their coverages. You can download the Lakemaster lake list from the Humminbird Lakemaster site, and view the current Navionics maps on their website's Web App.

Ethernet lets you share GPS data, Ethernet accessories, sensors, and sonar data.

Either post a picture of your transom and/or look at all the installs at the beginning of this topic.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast