Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottCook View Post
    Navionics+ card. How can I download just Texas on the Freshest Data Chart Installer. The Knowledge Base on Navionics shows UPDATE and DOWNLOAD tabs as options

However, the only option I have is UPDATE

When you click on the Download box you get that box on the map to the right with a balloon on each corner. You move that box to where you want to add map data and select START.
    To get the most data without useless excess coverage, it is best to put that box around individual bodies of water and download them individually.

There is/was instructions on the Navionics website. Have not looked lately. I have just done it dozens of times.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    That's the issue, I don't have the DOWNLOAD box. I found the instructions in the Knowledge Base and the first pic is a screen grab from the Knowledge Base. Second pic is the software on my computer. Doesn't match the Knowledge Base.

That's the issue, I don't have the DOWNLOAD box. I found the instructions in the Knowledge Base and the first pic is a screen grab from the Knowledge Base. Second pic is the software on my computer. Doesn't match the Knowledge Base.
    Do an UPDATE and see if you get the other panel after that.

To activate the Freshest Data subscription you have to register the card and do an update.

Put a check mark in the Sonar Charts box too.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks, Wayne. It'll be a day or two before I can do an update. I need a faster internet connection.

I did an update on 11/14 and added the sonar charts. Started looking for the download option then with no luck. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

Thanks, Wayne. It'll be a day or two before I can do an update. I need a faster internet connection.

I did an update on 11/14 and added the sonar charts. Started looking for the download option then with no luck. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the software.
    I know what you mean about a slow connection. I used to have the slowest DSL connection and an update for a Hotmap Platinum 16GB card with some Sonar Charts took 6-8 hours. So I started doing updates at the local library and it took 55 minutes.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Found it, had to delete all Navionics data from the card. Thanks for the help.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I know what you mean about a slow connection. I used to have the slowest DSL connection and an update for a Hotmap Platinum 16GB card with some Sonar Charts took 6-8 hours. So I started doing updates at the local library and it took 55 minutes.
    Same boat here. 2 feet shy of too far away to get DSL. But hey, we've gone from 1mb/sec to 3 so there's progress.

8. Member
    Found an older Navionics HotMaps Premium card from 2007. Plugged it in for grins and the Chart Installer started and said to get the update card.

I have a new Navionics + card I bought a few weeks ago that I keep updated, my question is is it worth the $99 to get the update card for HotMaps Premium card?

Found an older Navionics HotMaps Premium card from 2007. Plugged it in for grins and the Chart Installer started and said to get the update card.

I have a new Navionics + card I bought a few weeks ago that I keep updated, my question is is it worth the $99 to get the update card for HotMaps Premium card?
    You cannot update that Premium card, just can use it to activate an Navionics Update card so it becomes the Navionics+ version. You would still have the same Premium card plus the new Navionics+ card. Three cards total.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Thanks, Wayne. I suppose I cold update it to the Nav+ and use it in the Lowrance Elite 7 on the bow until I can afford to replace that with another HB unit.

11. Member
    New to this forum so please forgive me if this issue has been addressed before. Took a quick look and didn't see it.
    Referred here from the Texas Fishing Forum for this problem.
    In summary, I purchased a Helix 9 about 10 months ago and a Navionics HotMaps Premium South card to use with it.
    Created an account on the Navionics site and registered the card. Tried several times off and on the first few weeks to download updates but would always get the same message "Freshest Data Has Expired". Had given up until a couple of weeks ago I received an email from Navionics reminding me that the ability to update my card would expire in 2 months. So I tried again, but got the same message. Tried to call the Navionics 800 number, but the automated system just hangs up. The Chat feature doesn't work and emails aren't answered.
    Any suggestions as to how I can update my card would be appreciated.

12. Member
    Gary, forgive me for my late response but the Thanksgiving holiday had me wrapped up the past few days. I can definitly help out. PM your email and I'll see personally that you get this matter in front of someone so you can get resolved and back on the water. Not sure off the top of my head what could be causing the issue. I know the Premium card has been discontinued now for a good year or more but not sure how that would effect anything if at all. Thanks.

Josh

13. Member
    Gary - Thanks again and I'm glad we all got you taken care of. Problem solved. Good luck on the water! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you out with down the line.

14. Member
    Basic question: how do the Sonar Charts differ from the info provided on the Nav+ preloaded card? More lakes, more detail, etc???? Thanks.

1st PHOENIX in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MI17Explorer View Post
    Basic question: how do the Sonar Charts differ from the info provided on the Nav+ preloaded card? More lakes, more detail, etc???? Thanks.
    Navionics maps are called Nautical Charts.

Navionics+ Preloaded and their other products have Nautical Charts.

Sonar Charts are HD maps created using sonar owner's sonar logs. Those are only as good as the data collected and uploaded to the Navionics Sonar Charts map server. They are NOT Navionics data. Just shared user data.

Depending on when the card was produced it may or may not have any Sonar Charts maps. The versions I have had no Sonar Charts when purchased and I selected individual bodies of water to download to the map card. Most of the ones I selected are where I collected the data and Navionics processed the data to create the HD maps. I know where the maps are accurate and where they are not. I add additional sonar logs to those as needed/wanted.

Using the Sonar Charts program, you can have HD contour mapping where there is none. One of the lakes I did is a new one that didn't even have an outline of it. Navionics created the shoreline to contain the contours created by my sonar logs.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I assume these are stored as separate files from the Nav+ files when you download them to your card.
    Navionics maps are called Nautical Charts.

Navionics+ Preloaded and their other products have Nautical Charts.

Sonar Charts are HD maps created using sonar owner's sonar logs. Those are only as good as the data collected and uploaded to the Navionics Sonar Charts map server. They are NOT Navionics data. Just shared user data.

Depending on when the card was produced it may or may not have any Sonar Charts maps. The versions I have had no Sonar Charts when purchased and I selected individual bodies of water to download to the map card. Most of the ones I selected are where I collected the data and Navionics processed the data to create the HD maps. I know where the maps are accurate and where they are not. I add additional sonar logs to those as needed/wanted.

Using the Sonar Charts program, you can have HD contour mapping where there is none. One of the lakes I did is a new one that didn't even have an outline of it. Navionics created the shoreline to contain the contours created by my sonar logs.

1st PHOENIX in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MI17Explorer View Post
    Thanks Wayne. I assume these are stored as separate files from the Nav+ files when you download them to your card.
    Sonar Charts are a different map layer on the card if you have any. You view those maps by selecting FishNChip in the Chart Select menu.

This is the Navionics Nautical Charts for this lake.

This is the Sonar Charts map layer for the same lake:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Finally got around to registering and updating my Navionics+ South card. When it was done updating Sonar Chart, Nav Chart, and Community Edits I viewed Table Rock and it gave detail to areas that my card didn't previously have info for when plugged into my unit. My mobile phone Navionics app also dosent have detail for that area either. Well when I put it back in my unit still no data but when the card is in my PC it has data there. Any idea how to get the info to my unit? Here's a screenshot of what it's like on my phone which is exactly what I see on my Onix and Helix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Finally got around to registering and updating my Navionics+ South card. When it was done updating Sonar Chart, Nav Chart, and Community Edits I viewed Table Rock and it gave detail to areas that my card didn't previously have info for when plugged into my unit. My mobile phone Navionics app also dosent have detail for that area either. Well when I put it back in my unit still no data but when the card is in my PC it has data there. Any idea how to get the info to my unit? Here's a screenshot of what it's like on my phone which is exactly what I see on my Onix and Helix.

That is not the Navionics map, that is Sonar Charts. If you see contours in that area on the Web App, that means it is a recent addition from someone's sonar logs and has not been added to the download server yet.

You can check the progress of getting the data added by updating your mobile app occasionally. When that gets the data, you can update your card and they will match.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    That is not the Navionics map, that is Sonar Charts. If you see contours in that area on the Web App, that means it is a recent addition from someone's sonar logs and has not been added to the download server yet.

You can check the progress of getting the data added by updating your mobile app occasionally. When that gets the data, you can update your card and they will match.
    OK I was thrown off because with the card in the PC it had contour detail but in my unit it looked like my phone app does. So just keep checking back and it will eventually be able to download to the card correct?

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast