Best Bass Boat Insurance?

Hi guys,

So I am looking to switch ins companies for all of my assets home, vehicles and bass boat.

I was thinking about going with Geico for home and auto and boatus which is affiliated with Geico for boat. I have had to use Boatus for towing a few times and had great experiences and it looks like there ins policies kind of cater toward fisherman pretty well. Plus Geico sponsors the Bassmaster Classic.

So I guess my questions are:

Has anyone hsd any good or bad experiences with Geico in general?

Anyone know of discounts that may apply for me if I do switch to Geico to save some money?

Thanks guys.

State Farm has been good to me for boat insurance
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Portajohn
    I was reminded by a GEICO sales person recently that I had been a customer for yearly 40 years (auto and home coverage). Never in those 40 years has the price of my policies gone down or stayed the same. Instead, it has always gone up. Within the last couple years, the local office closed so I have to cope with long distance phone calls (accompanied by long wait times), transfers to other lines, hangups, etc. etc. etc. I think their rates are competitive, but I don't have the strength to begin comparing others to them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Portajohn View Post
    I was reminded by a GEICO sales person recently that I had been a customer for yearly 40 years (auto and home coverage). Never in those 40 years has the price of my policies gone down or stayed the same. Instead, it has always gone up. Within the last couple years, the local office closed so I have to cope with long distance phone calls (accompanied by long wait times), transfers to other lines, hangups, etc. etc. etc. I think their rates are competitive, but I don't have the strength to begin comparing others to them.
    Call Bob, trust me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    Call Bob, trust me.
    This.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

Ditto on call Bob, he's a no BS straight shooter that will ask you why you have boat coverage with a company that mainly handles Home and Auto and only wrote your boat policy because you have Home and Auto with them and don't know jack about boats. Also they will want to stick an SEI l/u to replace your torque master and call it good.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by terry5357 View Post
    Ditto on call Bob, he's a no BS straight shooter that will ask you why you have boat coverage with a company that mainly handles Home and Auto and only wrote your boat policy because you have Home and Auto with them and don't know jack about boats. Also they will want to stick an SEI l/u to replace your torque master and call it good.
    +4
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

8. Member
    Who is Bob and how do we get a hold of him? I too had Gieco, and they just decided to triple my premium!! No Way!! Where is Bob?

9. Member
    Bob Luellen
    Worldwide Marine Underwriters
    800-339-1235
    bob@worldwidemarineins.com

Goes by "insurancepro" on here. And yes, I recommend him as well! He is a good fella!