Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar

2018 BBC Fantasy Pool Season Rules and Season Long Pool entry

This has ended up a little long, so I apologize. Please bear with me and read through to the end. Hello, BBC Fantasy Pool participants. It is time for the start of the 2018 Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing BBC Pool season. For any new members or people who have not participated before, this has traditionally been a $5 per tournament entry fee, winner take all pool for the entrant who has the highest score for that tournament. THIS WILL NOT BE CHANGING FOR THE SEASON. A minimum of 2 weeks prior to each tournament, I will start an official entry thread, which will be pinned at the top of the page. To enter the pool for that tournament, reply to the thread with an “I’m in” along with your fantasy entry name if it is different from your username. Entry in the pool obligates you to send $5 to the winner, via PayPal gift option, or US mail. Non payment will disqualify you from entry in future pools and may potentially lead to banning from the site if unresolved. In order to participate in the pool, you must join the group “BBC FANTASY POOL ONLY”. It is a password protected group, please PM me for the password. This special group is to make it easier to determine winners so please do not enter it if you will not be entering the pool. You are still free to enter the regular BBC group that TroyBoy30 usually creates. So, in terms of how the regular tournaments will be run, not much will change.

There will, however be a couple of changes and additions to this year’s pool. First of all, there will be an additional, season long pool. This pool will have an entry fee of $50, payable in advance by paypal or check/money order to me. Entrants will be listed at the bottom of this post as they enter. You may enter the full season pool up until roster lock on the fourth tournament of the season (May 4th, Kentucky Lake). Payout on this pool will pay 3 places at the end of the season. First place in overall total season points will receive 50% of the entry fees, 2nd place will receive 30%, and 3rd place will receive 20%. We will also be having PRIZES!!!!! Currently, entry into the season pool will qualify you to win a Dobyns rod of your choice, donated by Al. Additional prizes to follow (hopefully) Details of how this winner will be determined will be posted at a later date. To enter the season long pool, please reply to this thread with “I’m in for the season pool” and send me your entry fee via paypal gift (jim_marshall_88@yahoo.com) or by US Mail (PM me for my address). Please include your username and/or fantasy entry name with your payment. **** ENTERING THE WEEKLY POOLS DOES NOT OBLIGATE SOMEONE TO ENTER THE SEASON POOL. YOU MAY ENTER THE INDIVIDUAL TOURNAMENT POOLS WITHOUT ENTERING THE SEASON POOL ****

In addition, we will have prize packs for the regular tournament pools as well, donated by sponsors. This prize pack may go to first place, last place, anywhere in between, or by a random drawing. This will be determined by the sponsor providing the prize if they so choose, or by myself. Details of each prize pack and who it will be going to will be posted after roster lock of each tournament. If you’re a sponsor and you’re interested in sponsoring the pool, please contact me by PM or email (jim_marshall_88@yahoo.com).

If anyone has any questions or needs any clarification please feel free to PM

THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!!!

Current Weekly Prize Pack Sponsors:
    The Tackle Trap
    ACT Lures
    Sportsmans Outfitters

Current Season Prize Pack Sponsors:
    BOE Marine - $50 Gift Certificate
    Al From Canada - Any Dobyns rod from Dobyns website
    Sportsmans Outfitters - Lews Speed Spool/Custom Speed Stick Combo
    The Tackle Trap - Daiwa Tatula 100HSL + a Megabass Vision 110

Current Season Pool Entrants(* indicates entry is paid):
    BasserJim*
    Tcbass*
    C_hoss*
    Trout*
    Showmespec*
    KCBamaTriton*
    FlipSide*
    tcarpbass*
    Mdunc*
    Bill2e*
    Swerve-n-Protect*
    Drum Tickler*
    Stratos xl NC*
    hasetak*
    06SkeeterZx190*
    KittyCat2012*
    PumaMatt*
    DrewFlu33*
    lsufan334*
    wvtundra*
    MidTNFisherman*
    Footballandfishing*
    Pete M*
    bassnpro1*
    Texas Triton*
    Lightning520*
    Tenn.todd*
    denraytay*
    BigDaddy1*
    djd*
    triton_2003*
    Tigercat*
    OHBasser*
    gfeld84*
    Saffie*
    richs*
    BassFishingAlabama*
    esfbassman*
    scl*
    Last edited by BasserJim; 05-01-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Are we doing BASS Elite's only, or are we also doing FLW Tour tourneys this year. I know we had some talk of adding FLW last year. I'm in on everything, either way. For those of you who haven't been playing along the last few years, and may be skeptical, it's a great way to break up the winter and keeps you in tune with all the Elite tournaments since there's a little cash on the line. Win a tourney and you can usually buy yourself a really nice rod or reel off the For Sale pages on here like I usually end up doing. Would be great to get a solid 30-50 guys involved each tourney this year.

Thanks to BasserJim for taking this on!!!

"I'm in for the season pool"
    Last edited by tcbass; 01-09-2018 at 07:39 PM.

3. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Are we doing BASS Elite's only, or are we also doing FLW Tour tourneys this year. I know we had some talk of adding FLW last year. I'm in on everything, either way. For those of you who haven't been playing along the last few years, and may be skeptical, it's a great way to break up the winter and keeps you in tune with all the Elite tournaments since there's a little cash on the line. Win a tourney and you can usually buy yourself a really nice rod or reel off the For Sale pages on here like I usually end up doing. Would be great to get a solid 30-50 guys involved each tourney this year.

Thanks to BasserJim for taking this on!!!

"I'm in for the season pool"
    Thanks Tim, this will just be for the BASS Elites. When I put out the survey at the end of last season, the majority of respondents said they would not participate in an FLW pool. It wasn’t a landslide, but it was enough of a majority that I decided not to do it. Running this pool is a bit of work, and based off the responses, I thought my time and energy would be better spent trying to up the ante and make this more exciting instead of organizing a second pool.

I agree and am excited to get things started.

5. Member
    In for season

thanks for putting it together. Appreciate all the work.

6. Member
    I'm in for the season pool. Bassmaster ID: BrentH
    2009 Bass Cat Puma
    2017 250 Pro XS

I'm in for the season...sending funds soon.

Thank YOU for all you do with this.....looking forward to the season : )

8. Member
    I'm in for the season. Sending funds soon.

I'm in for the season! Sending funds soon.

Thanks for putting all of this together Jim, really looking forward to it!!
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

10. Member
    I’m in for the season pool and money send via paypal

I’m in for the season pool

Just sent funds for season entry via Paypal.

Thank YOU so very much!!!!!!!!!!

13. Banned
    Somehow I just noticed this thread. Should I still start a group for those that don’t want to enter the pools, or should they just enter this one?

14. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Replied to your pm Troy

15. Banned
    Got it. Thanks

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    Somehow I just noticed this thread. Should I still start a group for those that don’t want to enter the pools, or should they just enter this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Replied to your pm Troy
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    Got it. Thanks

I want to join the BBC fantasy fishing group but I have no desire to be in the $5 per tournament entry or the or the year end $50 entry...what group do I join and do I need a password?

17. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I want to join the BBC fantasy fishing group but I have no desire to be in the $5 per tournament entry or the or the year end $50 entry...what group do I join and do I need a password?
    Troy is going to be starting a group for guys not in the pool. Guys in the pool can feel free to join both, but if you’re not in either pool please don’t request a password for the pool group.

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

Sounds Fun - I'm in. I'll send money Monday
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast