Viking,Anita and other lake.

I had the morning at Viking Wednesday and day off at Anita Friday, today at a different lake. Viking had lots of numbers around rocks. Some top water but jerkbait was best. No size unfortunately. Tried places I thought the biggest fish would stage before the spawn but no luck at any of the lakes …. Anita was no good for me either maybe only 6 bass and only 2 15”…. Today wasn’t any better, I did lose a 5lb on a weed edge. I didn’t get a good hook in her and she came off in the air lol. All the lake I was on are up and close to full pool with all the rain.
    I’m not sure what I need to be throwing or where or what structure/depth to be fishing…. I’m riding the struggle bus right now. Hopefully others are having better luck.

2. Member
    It cracks me up how you have no reservation about Anita or Viking but the other shall not be named.

Hope you get off the struggle bus.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    It cracks me up how you have no reservation about Anita or Viking but the other shall not be named.

Hope you get off the struggle bus.
    Lol no secret that Viking and Anita have some big fish….. But the unnamed one has bigger fish and that one I’m trying to keep a secret.

How is the fishing in the Kansas City area?

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Lol no secret that Viking and Anita have some big fish….. But the unnamed one has bigger fish and that one I’m trying to keep a secret.

green valley is no secret I did well at viking last year to include a 6lber but I find it to be mainly a numbers lake
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    I don’t think there’s many secrets left out there….

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post

Mile Hill lake is no secret.

Right now fishing around KC is sucking, or maybe I’ve just been wasting my time exploring new waters. Could just be me.

Seemed like the fish were much easier to find on the brush piles, rock piles and grass lines up your way. Seemed much more predictable.

7. Member
    Fish are prespaw at Viking. The fish are in the back third of lake along bank and by the little points on pockets. Threw a wacky Senko, you need to let it sit still for a few seconds before you start retrieve. You can go to the very back of main creek where the water comes in, lots of fish in that hole. I got my 22’ boat back there. I know the channel after you go around the tree seems really narrow but you can turn around where the water comes in.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent R View Post
    Fish are prespaw at Viking. The fish are in the back third of lake along bank and by the little points on pockets. Threw a wacky Senko, you need to let it sit still for a few seconds before you start retrieve. You can go to the very back of main creek where the water comes in, lots of fish in that hole. I got my 22’ boat back there. I know the channel after you go around the tree seems really narrow but you can turn around where the water comes in.
    Any size to them? Seems I can catch small males doing that but I couldn’t catch any bigger females doing that? But catching anything right now is better than nothing.

9. Member
    I fished the electrical union tourney and I had a15 pound bag. Probably thru back three limits of 2.25 pound fish. 4, 4 was my big fish.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent R View Post
    I fished the electrical union tourney and I had a15 pound bag. Probably thru back three limits of 2.25 pound fish. 4, 4 was my big fish.
    That’s a good day!!