Noise on sonar when engaging trolling motor

I have 2 Lowrance live units in my bow. Usually on is running so or the other AT2 imaging. Whenever I engage the trolling motor the sonar starts having vertical lines interfering. As soon as I step off the trolling motor it goes away. The is a brand new boat and was working this always :(

2. Member
    If you have a TM with brushes that is as old as horse and buggy, If you have a GHost with brushless motor no noise. Its based on your TM and no unit is immune from it with out some kind of chokes and filters even then it really neve goes away.

I tried multiple chokes to mitigate TM interference from my Fortrex, nothing worked so I just lived with it. The new brushless TM's will stop it, I love my Ghost.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    I tried multiple chokes to mitigate TM interference from my Fortrex, nothing worked so I just lived with it. The new brushless TM's will stop it, I love my Ghost.
    my trolling motor is a Lowrance Ghost and still has the noise

5. Member
    Good to know you have a ghost. Can you post a pic of the noise There are lots of different reasons for noise that may help narrow down where it is coming from. The Brushes are the most common so you have an uncommon issue Pic please. Where is your Ghost puck mounted throw in a pic of that also. Does is make noise on the SI and DI also?

Quote Originally Posted by solecky View Post
    my trolling motor is a Lowrance Ghost and still has the noise
    What's the battery set up on the units? Are the wires ran near the trolling motor power wires.

I've never read of a brushless trolling motor causing interference.