Thread: Iran/ Israel

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    Ok as a person not religious how does the "thou shall not kill " play out in all this ?
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm personally tired of the U.S. policies regarding Israel just because of religion.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    The Problem is the US has trained, Financed and Armed most of those leaders....The Money that was held in Escrow was mostly money that Iran paid us for weapons.....Then there was the entire Iran/Contra scandal...The US sold weapons to Iran to finance The Contra rebels in Honduras and Nicauragua....Sadaam Hussein and a host of other leaders trained in this country...I could go on and on...It's all about maintaining our "Interests"...Follow the money..
    I dont disagree with your post at all Brian, like I said. If we could just overthrow one more regime it will all be good.....................or so they tell us time after time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm personally tired of the U.S. policies regarding Israel just because of religion.
    Perhaps I am not reading your post correctly but, US policy toward Israel is about them being the only democratic state in the region and are surrounded on 3 sides by hostile states.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

4. Member
    I looked at some photo's of Iran in the 70's. They looked like they could have been taken in the West. The people dressed liked they were here. Not sure about peace though. Some them are still trying avenge Ishmael.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

That region will never get along. There are too many different cultures/religious sects that absolutely hate each other over there. It would be like sticking Ohio State fans in the same bar as Alabama and Michigan fans and asking them to figure out who the best football team is. They will never agree and they will always fight.

6. Member
    Been screwin with Iran before Jimmy Carter....Put a couple where it counts and get it over. Enough of this Russia, Syria, Iran situation.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    I dont disagree with your post at all Brian, like I said. If we could just overthrow one more regime it will all be good.....................or so they tell us time after time after time.
    I wasn't trying to imply you disagreed with my point...More of reinforcing your point...I may have not worded it very well..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FishStalker View Post
    In Jewish religion, Jesus is considered a Prophet, like St. John the Baptist and others.
    That's a big problem. Jesus can't be just a prophet, he is either Jesus Christ our Saviour, or a lunatic and liar. There is no in between.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    They did not attack anything within the borders of Iran..... The targets in this raid were Iran's missile launchers and other military installations that Iran has placed in Syria
    Israel informed Russia prior to the raid so there wouldn't be any interaction with Russian fighters.

Iran was indeed a Western influenced country under the Shah of Iran who was overthrown and Ayatollah Khomeini became the leader the hostage seizure and the strict form of rule followed. Iran elects Presidents but the Mullahs aka 'The Hard Line Religious Leaders" are the ones in control.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalliehunter91 View Post
    Over 3/4 of Israel followed christ, look in acts and every time it says the multitudes followed him, just multiply that by even 2 and it would equal almost all of Israel at the time. Something my rabbi taught me , being a messianic jew.
    I would encourage you to read the bible yourself, and not listen to the Rabbi. The majority of Israel rejected Jesus, its why Saul had his conversion experience on the road to Damascus and God made him Paul to take the message to the Gentiles. Israel was supposed to be raised up as a nation of high priests and take the message to the whole world. Again today approx. 8 to 10 thousand Israelis out of a total population of 8.5 million believe in Jesus Christ as Lord. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
    Perhaps I am not reading your post correctly but, US policy toward Israel is about them being the only democratic state in the region and are surrounded on 3 sides by hostile states.
    I think that is the official reason given and probably is true. I also think they get way more support and aide because of religious beliefs here in the United States. Politicians realize this and make decisions based upon that. I think most of the comments in this thread help explain my point.

12. Member
    Ok as a person not religious how does the "thou shall not kill " play out in all this ?
    Not for sure as I'm not a bible scholar. However I've heard it said that the original text in Greek/Hebrew or whatever. It does not say, Thou Shall not kill, it says thou shall not commit murder or the interpretation of it.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    I think that is the official reason given and probably is true. I also think they get way more support and aide because of religious beliefs here in the United States. Politicians realize this and make decisions based upon that.
    What should we have done, never sell them arms? They are one the few countries in the world that is surrounded by the enemy on all sides. Even the countries currently at peace with them in the region would not mind seeing them overran.

14. Member
    Thou shalt not kill is referring to murder, not killing enemy combatants.

There is some very interesting reading in the Old Testament about this.

If you cannot or do not wish to read the Bible in depth to discover some of this information you can google "Bible verses pertains to slaying one's enemies". This approach helps on a number of subjects.

I appreciate your question and agree that there are many questions about things we do not understand.

Someone once said that the Bible is like a gold mine. There is gold (knowledge ) inside but you have to dig (read) to find it.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 05-10-2018 at 08:48 AM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Where does it say they reject Jesus? Maybe I missing something.
    Read Romans chapter 9.

16. Member
    Just returned from Israel and Egypt. Don't want to mess with the highway guards at the many road blocks we went through. I am sure the army personnel is tougher that the road guards.

And yet the keeping the faith forum hardly gets used ???

18. Banned
    awful nice of man to write in all that convince

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Good deal! If that leadership could be taken out, the Iranian people would welcome peace.
    Just like Iraq or Libya? You take out the leadership in Iran, there will be a mess like we have never seen before.

20. Member
    I always hope for peace but sadly in that neighborhood it seldom happens.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast