Praying Need Advice on Brucato. This application is for a 1996 Mercury 200 HO

1996 Mercury 200 HO serial number 0G304525

This is a stock outboard. Sending the old one is not going to workout being rebuiltand all. I'm fish the first club tournament this year on Sat the 14th. Please help me make a choice.

Thank You All Walt
    Last edited by DeltaRanger395vs; 01-08-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: add

2. Member
    I'd send the ecu to Dennis Hoffman. Will do you right with quick turnaround.

3. Member
    My question is what do you think about the ACU Brucato sales?

Brucato system works great you won't be disapointed with it.

5. Member
    I have had a ACU on my stock 96 2.5 200 since 2006, plug and play zero problems .
    I did have to hook up the choke/enrichener to the key for cold weather starts

6. Member
    The Brucatos really seem to be hit and miss. I've read a lot of good on the interwebs about them but most people I know personally that have run them haven't been all that impressed. I know several that have lost mph, mpg and performance, put the stock one back on and they run like a champ. Customer service seems to be great, but shipping it back and forth as well as the initial investment can get costly in a hurry. Like I said tho, very hit and miss. I also remember even Jay Smith saying they weren't great on the 200s specifically for some reason.

I had one a long time ago, never did run right but I realized the motor I had wasn't the motor I thought I had. Had a 150 sold to me as a 200. I did get it reprogrammed for another motor but never did get it dialed in. Ended up selling it. Buddy of mine has one right now for a 225 promax and it doesn't run quite right, gonna need to figure it out.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

8. Member
    It seems like it is hard to improve on the investment Merc has put into their fuel curves and programming, when they are working right.

9. Member
    I switched over to the Brucatto ACU on my 97 200efi and it is totally reliable. Not a "hiccup" in the 50 hrs I have put on it since. The difference is buying a 1997 computer as oppose to buying a 2017 computer. Much more technology in digital as opposed to analog. A bit pricy at $1100 but well worth the peace of mind. I did also replace the stator to a high output stator and the higperformance trigger along with the racing (blue) switch boxes.

10. Member
    Thank you all putting the beast on today.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRanger395vs View Post
    My question is what do you think about the ACU Brucato sales?
    I beleive it would be a total waste of money on a bone stock 200 on a ranger, that's why I said to have your ecu fixed much cheaper and will run like it's supposed too.

But since you got one please let us know how it did. I'm curious as to how it performs vs the stock ecu.

Ive been on the fence about getting one for mine but my motors not stock and I swap ecu's depending on what I'm doing. It would be nice to change the fuel curves on the go from drag to fishing

Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    The Brucatos really seem to be hit and miss. I've read a lot of good on the interwebs about them but most people I know personally that have run them haven't been all that impressed. I know several that have lost mph, mpg and performance, put the stock one back on and they run like a champ. Customer service seems to be great, but shipping it back and forth as well as the initial investment can get costly in a hurry. Like I said tho, very hit and miss. I also remember even Jay Smith saying they weren't great on the 200s specifically for some reason.
    I am that reason!

13. Banned
    It's not the ACU fault that some diy can't figure out existing motor problems or read and follow instructions for the ACU.