Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Bassturbatin'
    Without seeing any P&L statements from Triton, I'd assume the company is making pretty good money, so why fix what's not broken? Whereas I do agree that the future is in the air, I don't think Triton will be going anywhere anytime soon. As for Stratos, I'd bet against them. Think about how many new Stratos boats you see vs new Tritons.

This turned out to be a great discussion. I think as Triton owners we all wish the very best for the brand. Like me im sure yall could have bough a ranger but decided to by a triton instead. I nearly pulling the trigger on a a ranger but there was just somthing about my triton. After the purchase a few month later bps buys the whole dang business. Im not gona lie it was like a kick in the gut. I think we are all just gona have to sit back and see what happens

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. Member
    The fact the Triton is a MAJOR sponsor on many of the tours you would want to hold out hope they'll be a mainstay. I had a BPS manager tell me the current contracts with the smaller dealers expire in 5 years and BPS won't do anything until then. So if true we're OK until 2020!
    Michael J. Koenig

4. Member
    They don't have 5 year dealer contracts with any size dealer. He didn't know what he was talking about.

5. Member
    I think it would be triton simply because ranger and BPS have the tin side and the triton is the exact same hull as the ranger (only the finishing touches are different). Make ranger the "top end" tin and BPS the budget minded buy. Stratos doesn't offer a tin so keep em around for the glass business but can see them eventually closing it down too and only having BPS and Ranger.

6. Member
    Just got the sales number for Triton, and I don't believe they are going anywhere, maybe up. Triton has tooled more new models in the last two years than other other boat comapny. As the old saying You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Just got the sales number for Triton, and I don't believe they are going anywhere, maybe up. Triton has tooled more new models in the last two years than other other boat comapny. As the old saying You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.
    I was thinking you'll had great numbers for the past year. It's too good of a boat, but are you trying to drop hints that new models are coming out??

8. Member
    Triton isn't going anywhere.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    With all due respect, that retooling was done before the BPS purchase. That being said, I really hope you're right and I'm wrong.

10. Member
    If anyone would know it would be JJ. I live in the Northeast and have seen countless numbers of great corporations, industries and businesses disappear overnight. I'm really not sure who Johnny Morris is. Is he someone with a big ego who can't spend all the money he has in a million lifetimes so he just wants to add jewels to his crown by owning these boat companies. I don't think he (BPS) has share holders. If he goes the corporate route he will consolidate the market share of the 4 brands into two. Consolidate management, workforce, distribution and facility infrastructure (manufacturing). He will notify dealers of the four brands that they will carry both Nitro and Ranger (can't have one without the other). He will have a moderate priced brand (Nitro) with KVD waving the flag and a higher priced brand (Ranger) and steal new super star pro's from the independents like Hackney, Martens and Iaconelli. Because BPS's soul revenue stream is not boats like the independents they can afford to lowers prices to wipe out competition. Flat earnings on Nitro and Ranger with Tracker in the black for four years might do it.

I don't have a crystal ball. Just my two cents putting out some thoughts to consider. I hope it never happens because like Smallmouth guy said " Triton guys are smarter, better looking, and chicks dig us"

11. Banned
    In my opinion both Triton and Stratos's days are numbered...time will tell. That is okay with me since when I get another boat I wasn't planning on getting either one of those anyway. Ready to try something a little different...lots to choose from.

I agree i would think jj would know the most

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    In my opinion both Triton and Stratos's days are numbered...time will tell. That is okay with me since when I get another boat I wasn't planning on getting either one of those anyway. Ready to try something a little different...lots to choose from.
    That makes sense. Take 2 competitors out to drive the price of the boats you are looking at up. Seems smart

I've been worried about Triton's future ever since they moved the plant from Tennessee to Flippin, Ark. Even though right after they did that I went out and bought a new Triton haha. Seriously though, with the purchasing of the 3 brands from BPS I can't see Johnny Morris keeping all 4 (Nitro, Ranger, Stratos, Triton) around with their own distinct characteristics for too much longer. It's too much capital for him to have to keep on hand when he could just cut down production by getting rid of 1 or 2 of the brands and offering 2 different brands which I believe would be Nitro and Ranger. Make the margins in volume on Nitros, and the margins in percentages on Rangers. I love my Triton, but when warranty goes out, this ol boy might be looking at a Skeeter. They ain't going anywhere.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

15. V20Eufaula
    I wouldn't think Triton is going anywhere....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows21XHP View Post
    I've been worried about Triton's future ever since they moved the plant from Tennessee to Flippin, Ark. Even though right after they did that I went out and bought a new Triton haha. Seriously though, with the purchasing of the 3 brands from BPS I can't see Johnny Morris keeping all 4 (Nitro, Ranger, Stratos, Triton) around with their own distinct characteristics for too much longer. It's too much capital for him to have to keep on hand when he could just cut down production by getting rid of 1 or 2 of the brands and offering 2 different brands which I believe would be Nitro and Ranger. Make the margins in volume on Nitros, and the margins in percentages on Rangers. I love my Triton, but when warranty goes out, this ol boy might be looking at a Skeeter. They ain't going anywhere.
    that sounds like a bean counters answer, tracker ,ranger and triton are 3 of the big sellers, i can see getting rid of stratos .they have no value as far as volume.
    if they were to get rid of any of the other 3 they are just giving away market share.
    skeeter has already sold out to the japanese, they couldnt hold out years ago

This is all pretty funny...I just spent about an hour lecturing my 20 year old son regarding him continuing to worry about the future. He spends so much time worrying about the future that he's overlooking the present. He's concerned whether he's pursuing the right College Degree and whether the demand will be there when he graduates....He's trying to figure out a job before he even gets his degree. All of this is distracting him from the task at hand. I am a firm believer that we need a PLAN for the future, but that plan is based on the things we do today. So, for him, if he sticks to his gameplan then the future will work itself out for him. Worrying about the Future is a waste of energy in my book... very little of the future outcome we can control. Same with Triton and the future of Triton...that's going to be decided by others and the demand for their product by consumers.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows21XHP View Post
    From a business standpoint it makes ZERO sense to closed down a brand that is profitable! Closing down would simply lose market share, as those customers would be lost to Phoenix,Basscat,skeeter with only a few retained to Nitro/Ranger....As long as they remain profitable nothing will change. I seen a lot of buy outs when I was in corporate world and profit and market share was always the factors

19. Member
    The only thing I see in the future of bass boats is streamlining. It always seems to happen after takeovers. Look at Stratos. I think they only have 5 models/ sizes of bass boats now. Same with Nitro. Each brand will have only 5 or 6 models to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I agree i would think jj would know the most
    So this is in no way a shot at JJ but if he had some real factual information on the long range plans of this acquisition he would be fired if he discussed them on an internet message board. But I am sure he has confidence in his product and reason to believe it will remain strong and in that regard I think he is correct. I certainly hope so anyway.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast