Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tough time when boat is down

Hitting upper 70's today here in NY and the wait for motor parts is killing me. Sent injectors and fuel rails to be cleaned and spec'd. I realize it takes what it takes, but with each passing nice weather day, it gets worse this time of the year. Still have to get it all back together once it's done, and then get an oil prime. With shipping I imagine I'm still a month out.

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I feel your pain bro, I’m recouping from torn ligaments in my wrist and hopefully will have the go from my dr. By the end of the month, already missed a few tourneys and real nice days that I could of been on the water. Boat is ready to go and so am I lol hopefully everything comes together for you.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    Mine is still in storage… had 14” of snow two weeks ago that’s gone now, but there’s another boat in front of mine where I store it so I gotta wait for that guy to take his out… past 3 years the guy always let me and 3 others put ours in last so we were the first to get them out. Not sure why it didn’t happen this year.

i plan on taking my jon boat out in the meantime
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Hitting upper 70's today here in NY and the wait for motor parts is killing me. Sent injectors and fuel rails to be cleaned and spec'd. I realize it takes what it takes, but with each passing nice weather day, it gets worse this time of the year. Still have to get it all back together once it's done, and then get an oil prime. With shipping I imagine I'm still a month out.
    Mine's been in the shop since 29 Nov 2023 for a broken exhaust plate...waiting for parts. I finally opted for a used one from a BBCer. Now just waiting to get in to get it repaired.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

5. Member
    Mine is on a lot waiting for a slot in the local 'glass shop.........still have the Pond Prowler!

6. Member
    Try not having one at all

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Try not having one at all
    There is that, but at the same time, I avoid going into the garage knowing I can't use it anytime soon.

8. Member
    Should have sent them in back in November or December not now. Why would you wait unil Spring to do that?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Should have sent them in back in November or December not now. Why would you wait unil Spring to do that?
    I sent them in the beginning of November. The shop had an equipment breakdown that put them months behind. I was on the schedule for third week in March, but no word yet.

10. Banned
    I feel your pain x 10

11. Member
    I feel your pain! My boat is fine with a brand new motor not even broke in yet but I just had open heart surgery last week so it'll be awhile still before I can get back in it....
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

Mine was at trailer shop getting new trailer built - was supposed to be 7-10 days, took 3+ weeks :(. Finally got it back today, been going nuts :(.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrh_67 View Post
    I feel your pain! My boat is fine with a brand new motor not even broke in yet but I just had open heart surgery last week so it'll be awhile still before I can get back in it....
    No comparison IMO. I am going through a minor life inconvenience compared to what you are dealing with. If waiting another month for me could get you back a month sooner, that would be fine, but sadly life doesn't work that way. Godspeed brother in your recovery, and I hope that day you feel the rush of wind in your face again comes quickly.

14. Member
    Got to FL the middle of Jan and had an aortic aneurism. After 2 weeks in ICU and another month or so of PT I got to catching fish.
    IMG_1600.jpg

15. Member
    Feel your pain too. Mercury 2 stroke blew in the fall, picked up a new V8, finally got it installed and went to break it in, whopping 1 hour on it and already issues and waiting for it to get fixed...

16. Member
    Boat went to 'glass shop late last week!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UDRangerR91 View Post
    Feel your pain too. Mercury 2 stroke blew in the fall, picked up a new V8, finally got it installed and went to break it in, whopping 1 hour on it and already issues and waiting for it to get fixed...
    Should have got a Yamaha.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UDRangerR91 View Post
    That sucks for sure, but I’m sure it will get figured out. With anything new there can be issues. Warranties are things you wish you didn’t need, but are wonderful when you do!

Well, you could be like us po'folks without a boat and all we can do is patiently watch the fun from the bank. I'm still surprised I haven't bought another, but having too much fun on the tractor, currently. They're too damned expensive, anyways.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

20. Member
    Three weeks more, still no closer....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast