Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    no where did I say 'was re-programmed for free by relion'. I said the charger was provided to me free from relion. my charger was free as part of my package of 3 100ah batteries. as to who re-programmed it for lithium, I have no clue, but I assume dual pro did it for relion as the charger obviously has to be opened to be re-programmed. I'm more than happy with what I got for the price. your opinion may vary obviously.

mine dual pro was re-programmed with the lithium profile and was provided to me for free by relion. charges just fine. either of the 3 changing lights just don't go to green vary rarely. you won't get a full charge with an agm cycle
    You did say it in post#12 I didn't make anything up..

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I just went with Battle Born. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Reno Nevada..
    As far as the original issue I have heard of a non programmed charger not showing the correct light read outs, but when checked they showed fully charged by a DVM. This is the first I've heard of a programmed charger not showing the correct light read outs.
    Last edited by Buck456; 02-13-2018 at 09:59 AM.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I just went with Battle Born. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Reno Navada..
    get anything free?

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    get anything free?
    Good one. My coupon code: thecouponofbuck you get a small discount per order. You also receive FREE shipping in the lower 48. So the answer to your question is .

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    as far as i know micheal was providing a free charger to anyone who buys a complete set of batteries. Ive had mine for over 3 years, so no clue what he's doing now. kinda confusing when you say they don't provide one but then you say some dealers do. Also there is nothing wrong with the charger.
    Last year you posted up Michael contact info. I called him and he told me a set up of relions would run around 3K, no charger.
    He told me I couldn’t buy thru him and had to buy thru a dealer. Said a dealer would possibly be a little cheaper. Said it was up to the individual dealer on the charger.

As per Michael, they don’t come with a charger!!

Guess if you pay more for the batteries they’ll tell you it’s a free charger, just include the price of the charger in the package.

Running 4 RB 80 Relion's

I sent my dual pro 4/15 in to have it programmed for the relions...I get 4 green fully charged lights every time with zero issues. I intially used a Minn Kota 460PC on the AGM setting...it would not get the Relions above 14 volts.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Running 4 RB 80 Relion's

I sent my dual pro 4/15 in to have it programmed for the relions...I get 4 green fully charged lights every time with zero issues. I intially used a Minn Kota 460PC on the AGM setting...it would not get the Relions above 14 volts.

Did they do it for free? And can they do other chargers or didn't you inquire?

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Last year you posted up Michael contact info. I called him and he told me a set up of relions would run around 3K, no charger.
    He told me I couldn’t buy thru him and had to buy thru a dealer. Said a dealer would possibly be a little cheaper. Said it was up to the individual dealer on the charger.

As per Michael, they don’t come with a charger!!

Guess if you pay more for the batteries they’ll tell you it’s a free charger, just include the price of the charger in the package.
    are you going to the prom?

No sir...it was not free. It was around 25.00 per bank and then of course shipping both ways. My mindset was investing 4k in batteries, I absolutely want to charge properly and maximize performance.

I do not know if they program other brands.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    No sir...it was not free. It was around 25.00 per bank and then of course shipping both ways. My mindset was investing 4k in batteries, I absolutely want to charge properly and maximize performance.

I do not know if they program other brands.
    Yes sir they sure do. They have a Battle Born program.

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Yes sir they sure do. They have a Battle Born program.
    The question was about chargers...

13. BBC SPONSOR
    The question was about chargers...
    My mistake. I misread that. Happens to the best of us.

14. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>

As Dean mentioned there is a small fee for the reprogram, plus the shipping expenses. To my understanding the pro charging systems brand is the only brands they will reprogram and not their competitors. Also the only chargers they offer that are re-programmable are the sportsman, professional and the eagle performance.

As to Chads question about the lights it seems that the battery and charger may not have synced up due to the BMS. The recommendation for when this happens is to run a few cycles of applying a load and then charging the battery.
    If this does not work then you will need to contact Pro Charging Systems to verify the lithium profile is installed on your charger.

15. Member
    Gotcha, thanks.

So currently only one company in the world makes a 36v marine lithium battery?

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo924 View Post
    So currently only one company in the world makes a 36v marine lithium battery?
    Yep, Only Lithium Pro, Look at the saving in space and weight.
    You can double up on 2 36 volts and still be underweight and size of the other brands.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    That is true but you also do not have the compasity. It's a give and take as far as weight and compasity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Yep, Only Lithium Pro, Look at the saving in space and weight.
    You can double up on 2 36 volts and still be underweight and size of the other brands.
    But they don't offer 1 60ah but only 2 in a kit , that's odd

20. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    If you parallel the batteries you double the aH, not the voltage, If you series them you add the voltage but not the aH.
    So two 30 or 40 aH together gives you 60 or 80 aH. I have ran a combination of single and dual battery and have never had a issue out of any of them. Remember that they hold up to the end so you don't get a drop in power as you use them.

I have ran a single 30aH battery with out issue, but would and usually go with dual on the 36 battery so Im at 60 or 80 aH.

Most fisherman will have no issue running a single 36 volt 30aH battery on regular use. Now if you going to be fishing rivers and heavy grass for 8 to 10 hours not sure how one will last.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast