2015 721 with 20024 Merc 4Stroke falls off pad

I have a 2015 721 that had a 2 stroke Merc 250 that ran awesome, thought I would repower with a new engine for warranty purposes. This issue never happened with the 2 stroke on it. So I just got the New 250 pro XS 4stroke out of the 2hr break in and wanted to see where it was at. Oh it also has 10in h atlas and 24 Croxton B&B worked Fury on it as well jackplate was all the way down and never lifted. When I trim it out and gets to about 5700 at 67-68 the rear end kicks out. The original engine never did that it would run 70+ and smooth as silk the only thing that has changed is the new engine. Has anyone experienced this

2. Member
    Gearcase design is different between the 2 stroke opti and new 4 strokes.

3. Member
    So what’s that mean

4. Member
    Where you running a 24 Fury on your 2 stroke and was the motor at the same height? Generally when switching to a 4 stroke you need to drop 1 or 2" of pitch and possibly lower the motor some.

5. Member
    It’s on a hydraulic plate that was all the way down

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjflickshake View Post
    So you have tried adjusting it some then? What is your prop to pad with it all the way down?

7. Member

If you are running 60+ with the HJP all the way down that is a problem waiting to happen IMHO. I've had a 721 (SHO then ProXS) and currently have a 921(4XS). Somewhere between 10-14 on an Atlas HJP was the sweet spot depending on prop. If I had ran either one of them all the way down, 0 or 1, in the 60s and started trimming up it would have been a squirllly ride!!!

8. Member
    So you are saying raise the plate up. The only reason I didn’t raise it is bc I just got out of the two hrs of break in and I don’t have the water pressure sensor yet for my smartcraft gauge to tell me pressure so I left it down. It never did it with my 2stroke Pro xs but I also never ran that motor with the plate all the way down trimmed out before either

9. Member
    So you are saying raise the plate up. The only reason I didn’t raise it is bc I just got out of the two hrs of break in and I don’t have the water pressure sensor yet for my smartcraft gauge to tell me pressure so I left it down. It never did it with my 2stroke Pro xs but I also never ran that motor with the plate all the way down trimmed out before either
    I would start the HJP (Assuming it’s an Atlas) at 10 and see how it performs. When I went to all Lithium batteries recently I’ve noticed the stern runs higher and lowering seems to help speed. From there you could go up to 12 or down to 8 and see what works best. If you have lead batteries I would only go up to 12 or 14. Hope that helps. I’d be REALLY surprised if you have any water pressure concerns running between 8-14 regardless of battery type unless you are running the trim really high (which Phoenix hulls typically don’t like IMHO).