Thread: pellet cooker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    I promise you will not be disappointed if you buy a RecTec. Both owners give you their personal cellphone number. Best customer service ever. Really a quality built grill. You can also adjust the feed rate of the pellets.
    Not doubting that one bit. Just sharing what I saw on the internet...so it must be true right? ( ) Hopefully I will be ordering one in the near future.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

2. Member
    There are lots of pellet grills out there. I'd look at all those in my budget, compare grate size, hopper capacity, warrenty and then decide. Rec-Tech although very popular are not, IMO, the top of ther line at that price point.

Personally I think they are great. Use mine all the time for everything steaks, veggies, butts, ribs, pizza, fish...it's cooking something at least 3 nights a week. If I had it to do again I'd shell out a bit more and get a bigger unit. For me it would be a Yoder.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Ive got a REC TEC 680 and a new model Trailblazer , I keep the smaller Trailblazer at the camper at lake and they a both very nice but if you are going to have one unit at the house get the 680. These smokers make me a great rib cooker and pulled pork , doing a large sirloin on the 680 now .

Yoder is well built with excellent craftsmanship. They do have some design flaws and they are smaller than the REC TEC yet cost more money. The REC TEC has tons of high grade 304 SS the Yoder has none. The REC TEC has the best computer and technology available when it comes to temperature control which is pid. The yoders controller isn't in the same league. The REC TEC has a 6 year warranty on everything where the Yoder has a 10 year warranty on the grill body and a one year on this and a two year on that etc. That doesn't exactly instill confidence. The REC TEC has a ceramic ignition system that last 5x longer than the Yoders. The REC TEC has a porcelain enamel lid which is bullet proof, plus it's powder coated and not painted like the Yoder. The Fire Pot in the Yoder isn't centered which is counter intuitive. The Yoder burns an extreme amount of pellets, up to 4 lbs per hour. The REC TEC only burns about 1lb per hour and in many cases less than 1lb. So the Yoder can be very expensive to operate. The Yoder cost 50% more. In the end why by a smaller grill with no stainless steel and a antiquated controller when you could buy a REC TEC 680 and the mini REC TEC for the same price.?.?

From Raymond Carnes himself. Co founder of RecTec.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Yoder is well built with excellent craftsmanship. They do have some design flaws and they are smaller than the REC TEC yet cost more money. The REC TEC has tons of high grade 304 SS the Yoder has none. The REC TEC has the best computer and technology available when it comes to temperature control which is pid. The yoders controller isn't in the same league. The REC TEC has a 6 year warranty on everything where the Yoder has a 10 year warranty on the grill body and a one year on this and a two year on that etc. That doesn't exactly instill confidence. The REC TEC has a ceramic ignition system that last 5x longer than the Yoders. The REC TEC has a porcelain enamel lid which is bullet proof, plus it's powder coated and not painted like the Yoder. The Fire Pot in the Yoder isn't centered which is counter intuitive. The Yoder burns an extreme amount of pellets, up to 4 lbs per hour. The REC TEC only burns about 1lb per hour and in many cases less than 1lb. So the Yoder can be very expensive to operate. The Yoder cost 50% more. In the end why by a smaller grill with no stainless steel and a antiquated controller when you could buy a REC TEC 680 and the mini REC TEC for the same price.?.?

From Raymond Carnes himself. Co founder of RecTec.
    Just got my new Trailblazer and its perfect for the camper .

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Just got my new Trailblazer and its perfect for the camper .

Let me know all the details about this one. Was reading about TB vs GMG vs Yoder vs Traeger which is out already...yoder next I think. The bullseye looks cool but Id rather go TB route. Started throwingthe hints to the lady tonight about it. Cast was made....now the wiggle is in the works

My Camp Chef Lux works great and cost less than Rec-Tec.... just saying. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....93#post9258593

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat55 View Post
    My Camp Chef Lux works great and cost less than Rec-Tec.... just saying. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....93#post9258593
    Enjoy your smoker. But its not even close to the build quality of the RecTec.
    " A Few Good Fish"

Enjoy your smoker. But its not even close to the build quality of the RecTec.
    That's why they give us choices. I love the quality of my smoker. It cost less than RecTec and none of them will last long. All parts from China.
    Last edited by Bobcat55; 04-09-2018 at 06:27 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    Let me know all the details about this one. Was reading about TB vs GMG vs Yoder vs Traeger which is out already...yoder next I think. The bullseye looks cool but Id rather go TB route. Started throwingthe hints to the lady tonight about it. Cast was made....now the wiggle is in the works
    Add the bottom shelf if you plan on moving it around a bunch, it made my Rec Tec Mini way more stable. The legs have to much play in them to me.
    http://www.rectecgrills.com/rec-tec-...-bottom-shelf/
    Last edited by Greenwing1; 04-09-2018 at 07:21 AM.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat55 View Post
    That's why they give us choices. I love the quality of my smoker. It cost less than RecTec and none of them will last long. All parts from China.
    And that comment is why I have 2 BGE's...They will last forever unless dropped like humpty dump

And that comment is why I have 2 BGE's...They will last forever unless dropped like humpty dump
    I've got a XL BGE and don't bother using it anymore ,even for steaks .

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I've got a XL BGE and don't bother using it anymore ,even for steaks .
    I was thinking the trailblazer for the back porch..figure it would be easy for the wife to start it before I got home from work. It's just another tool to add because I ain't buying a gas grill.

I agree. When this one wears out my next Pellet rig will be this one. http://www.gatorpit.net/pellet-cooker-2036.html

" A Few Good Fish"

16. Member
    Nothin but the facts

You won't see traeger doing any comparison videos to RecTec. Yet traeger costs more and it's not even close quality wise.
    " A Few Good Fish"

I was thinking the trailblazer for the back porch..figure it would be easy for the wife to start it before I got home from work. It's just another tool to add because I ain't buying a gas grill.
    WE love it at the lake , cook smoked sausage in the morning its so easy .

The RecTec is easy to use. Turn it on ,set the temperature and forget it.
    " A Few Good Fish"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast