Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How nice is RETIREMENT?

Really looking forward to it. Hope it's everything I'm dreaming about.

2. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Congrats and dream on, buddy... it's AWESOME!!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Congratulations to you , like CDN says AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 ELITE 210

Oh I'm not there yet. Just dreaming! CAN'T WAIT!

5. Member
    I never worked harder in my life than I have since I have been retired! Still trying to figure out how I used to get everything done when I had a real job! Don't retire.....it's a trap, gooberment mind control! Actually I sort like it!
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

6. Member
    It's everything you make of it!! My wife just retired last Friday (I did three years ago) and we're in Maine already having a great time!! Go when it's your time and ready, you won't regret it at all!!

7. BBC Lifetime Member Fish TR19's Avatar
    Last edited by Fish TR19; 10-03-2019 at 08:34 AM.

8. Member
    Fishing Monday through Friday is really cool. On the weekends, I relax and do the things that I missed by fishing weekends during my working career.

My biggest decisions are what to eat, am I going to fish the south or north basins on Chautauqua, and what fly to use when Steelhead or trout fishing.

I keep my mind alive by reading and researching my Battle of Gettysburg passion. I play Civil War trivia on civilwartalk.com. I take people out to Gettysburg for off the beaten path tours. So I fish and research the Civil War (and now reconstruction). Life is good.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Retired once at 50 and got bored to death. Everyone else was still working. Went back to work and will retire again in 4 1/2 years.
    I took 2 years off in between and it’s pretty nice to call your own shots everyday. I fished 4 to 5 days a week. Rode ATV’s all over the country side. Make sure you have a hobby and things to keep you occupied beside eating and watching TV.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratltrap View Post
    I never worked harder in my life than I have since I have been retired! Still trying to figure out how I used to get everything done when I had a real job! Don't retire.....it's a trap, gooberment mind control! Actually I sort like it!
    Me either, I have no idea how I got everything done while employed. Most folks on here would not get bored with retirement.

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Semi retired and loving it !!! Work 3 days and off 4 each week....gives me two weekdays to fish or all four now that it's fall. A little fishin' money and time to fish when the lakes aren't crowded.

Retired at 58. Don’t tell anyone you are retired. First thing they say is “ You have time to do this— or do that for me, you’re retired”

10 years now and I stay pretty busy. Good thing is I fish during the week and don’t put up with most the ppl.

13. Member
    Congrats -- My mother just retired few years ago.

Every time she takes a trip, she emails the boys (Three sons) that she's sorry that our inheritance is getting lower and lower.

We always say - Enjoy it mom :)

Quote Originally Posted by cbburke74 View Post
    Congrats -- My mother just retired few years ago.

Every time she takes a trip, she emails the boys (Three sons) that she's sorry that our inheritance is getting lower and lower.

We always say - Enjoy it mom :)
    That's perfect, going to tell my kids the same... Heck I'll need time to sell all of this fishing stuff I've collected over the years before I died, they will give away at a yard sale or something crazy.

15. Member
    My wife is pissed at retirement. She retired in May and has had two knee operations since then. She keeps saying "I didn't think retirement would be anything like this." It will be several years before I can live the retirement experience.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

16. Member
    It’s all I thought it would be

17. Member
    Been retired 28 years, living on Toledo Bend, I'm 84 and fish 4-5 afternoons a week. Don't ever fish early, got up early too many days while working. Seems to stay busy enough to never get bored. Love the slow life here.

18. Member
    I plan on retiring in one or two years. So I figured I'd go ahead and buy my retirement present now. Just ordered an 2020 Ford F-350 to carry my new truck camper. Got a Northstar 850sc Pop Up camper. It's in dry storage waiting for the truck to get here in a couple of months.

This will be my fishing rig to run all over Missouri/Oklahoma/Texas/Arkansas, etc.

It will look something like this but is Blue Jean Blue to better match the boat. My boat is tan with a blue motor, so it should be quite the fashion statement!

Really can't wait to get up from the camper, down some oatmeal and coffee and walk 20 ft to my boat at lake side and get after some early morning top water action.

19. Member
    Been retired 1.5 years and still figuring it out. The real secret is to stay busy doing something. Fishing six days a week will eventually get old. The nice thing about it is that you control on what and when.

Also focus on your health as there are not a lot second chances on it after 60. Getting and staying physically fit will make your retirement better.

Fishing during the week is a big plus as there are no crowds at the ramp or on the lake. Weekends are for chores.

20. Member
    I'll never know lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast