Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Member
    Season closed until May 4th now. Up on the WDFW website but not on the facebook yet. Awful, the only state to close fishing while our governor just sent off a bunch of respirators to other states because of the lack of need.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Season closed until May 4th now. Up on the WDFW website but not on the facebook yet. Awful, the only state to close fishing while our governor just sent off a bunch of respirators to other states because of the lack of need.
    Governor ding dong only knows how to fish deep up Ferguson's back creek

3. Member
    Don't worry, the WDFW will tell us soon that we can enjoy the outdoor from our backyards birdwatching.

4. Member
    Noooo! That's the week I come up and meet my buddies and hammer the big Smallmouth every year. It's literally my favorite fishing trip of the year! WTH is wrong with the idiots calling the shots in Washington right now?!
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

5. Banned
    Don't worry, the WDFW will tell us soon that we can enjoy the outdoor from our backyards birdwatching.
    Someone watches

6. Banned
    Hope they do not do it here because it is a way to get away and have a good time and be away from other people.very, very relaxing.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    Noooo! That's the week I come up and meet my buddies and hammer the big Smallmouth every year. It's literally my favorite fishing trip of the year! WTH is wrong with the idiots calling the shots in Washington right now?!
    Your idiot will follow soon

8. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    ...........But, most were fishing alone. I saw a few boats with two or three guys in them. But, they could have been family, as at least one of them was younger. When friends and I spoke, we stayed well away from each other. The vast majority were social distancing.
    This is what I’ve noticed on the lakes around here as well. It was good to see the number of what I presume to be husbands and wives, and those with children fishing. I know this whole “social distancing” and financial difficulties associated with COVID19 are terrible, but maybe it’s a way to hit the reset on family values and spending quality family time together.
    Last edited by AveryF; 04-07-2020 at 11:52 AM.

9. Member
    Caught 40 spots on Smith Lake yesterday��

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadsolid View Post
    Understanding the severity of this pandemic is not an issue. It's serious! But the dumb state of Washington has closed all fishing of any kind until April 8 and possibly longer. Ticketing those that don't comply. Just curious if any other states are going this far.
    And Pennsylvania just opened trout season 11 days early and by surprise.. Probably to avoid the normal shoulder-to-shoulder angling that happens on the Opening Days. :)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    Your idiot will follow soon
    God I hope our idiot doesn’t follow suit. Don’t think that will happen as we just suspended all sales of non res licenses. Man I would be pissed though as I’m just now getting more mobile from my Achilles surgery. Hope to be on the water in 10 days or so.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    God I hope our idiot doesn’t follow suit. Don’t think that will happen as we just suspended all sales of non res licenses. Man I would be pissed though as I’m just now getting more mobile from my Achilles surgery. Hope to be on the water in 10 days or so.
    I think he was talking about Oregon. Idaho fish and game seems to do a pretty good job and has a decent relationship with its sportsman. Wdfw is just a mess. I’ve had co workers that moved from different states that are just baffled by the complexity of our hunting/fishing regs. We need a shakeup with wdfw.

I went fishing this morning. If I were you I would find out how much ticket is.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

14. Member
    I think he was talking about Oregon. Idaho fish and game seems to do a pretty good job and has a decent relationship with its sportsman. Wdfw is just a mess. I’ve had co workers that moved from different states that are just baffled by the complexity of our hunting/fishing regs. We need a shakeup with wdfw.
    Yeah, I knew he was. Just hoping we don’t follow suit. Don’t think we will as Idaho has an ok grasp on fish and wildlife.
    Fully agree that wdfw is a complete mess. There is some great fishing just over the border from me but I refuse to give them my money. Feel for you guys over there, especially right now.

15. Member
    local guy driving to tn to fish towing a bassboat was turned around by ky state police 5 minutes into ky from Ohio?? was on a federal highway also when stopped? seems like grounds for a lawsuit to me? aclu mostly worthless but this is what they started up for to correct I believe??
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-07-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    Yeah, I knew he was. Just hoping we don’t follow suit. Don’t think we will as Idaho has an ok grasp on fish and wildlife.
    Fully agree that wdfw is a complete mess. There is some great fishing just over the border from me but I refuse to give them my money. Feel for you guys over there, especially right now.
    See, a guy living where you do I’m sure would be happy to pay for a nonresident fishing license to hit the Pend Orielle river, long lake etc. The terrible wdfw and the greed with overpriced non resident tags and terrible management keeps you from fishing here.

it’s the same thing with hunting. We have a beautiful diverse landscapes with mule deer, black tail, whitetail, Roosevelt and Rocky Mountain elk, all three species of turkeys. Yet it really isn’t known as a destination for non-resident hunters and fisherman. I think the wdfw has a lot to do with that.

17. Banned
    20200407_165629.jpg

I chose 9 for the Jon14...2 more days of walking on dirt before I'm floating on liquid dirt.

18. Member
    WDFW sucks the big one but the Governor is 100 times worse!
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    See, a guy living where you do I’m sure would be happy to pay for a nonresident fishing license to hit the Pend Orielle river, long lake etc. The terrible wdfw and the greed with overpriced non resident tags and terrible management keeps you from fishing here.

it’s the same thing with hunting. We have a beautiful diverse landscapes with mule deer, black tail, whitetail, Roosevelt and Rocky Mountain elk, all three species of turkeys. Yet it really isn’t known as a destination for non-resident hunters and fisherman. I think the wdfw has a lot to do with that.
    I used to buy my annual but stopped several years ago when they netted the PO river out of Usk. Fished long, the PO, moses, pot holes a ton. Same with Roosevelt for walleye. Our fishing is amazing but I do miss those fisheries.

20. Member
    I used to buy my annual but stopped several years ago when they netted the PO river out of Usk. Fished long, the PO, moses, pot holes a ton. Same with Roosevelt for walleye. Our fishing is amazing but I do miss those fisheries.
    I missed the glory years of the PO river. Heard the bass and pike fishing was amazing before they netted the crap out of it. WDFW has such an open contempt for warm water species its just brutal. They would rather poison a decent bass lake and only have planted trout everywhere.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast