Thread: Drivers License

Drivers License

I got my new DL a couple days ago. I took my birth certificate and DD214 as this year i got the DL with the star on it to be able to go into Federal buildings. I waited 35 minutes and when i got to the counter they took my papers and asked me five questions about my driving history and citizenship all yes or no answers. Got my new license in about five minutes, no tests for anything else. 4 years ago i had to take a written 20 question test and an eye test. Pretty easy process here now, maybe too easy. No left lane question!!!!

The star is actually a tracker. They'll know exactly what lane you're in, how fast you're going, and if you dump your boat in the water with nobody in it.

3. Member
    Got mine done a long time ago. Love to discuss the "STAR" with the genius who came up with the idea.
    Guess they missed first semester world history. Or at least the tiny little part about the Holocaust.

4. Member
    What is the star you speak of ---i am a veteran also
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Got mine done a long time ago. Love to discuss the "STAR" with the genius who came up with the idea.
    Guess they missed first semester world history. Or at least the tiny little part about the Holocaust.
    Gimme a break! That's a stretch.

6. Member
    It has nothing to do with being a Veteran. If you show your DD214 they will put Veteran on your License. I think by 2020 you will need the gold or black star to board domestic flights. It is a Federal ID so to speak. Not sure where the Holocaust comes in to play. Something else to be offended about i guess.

A gold star on your state drivers license means that you have yourself a REAL ID card. The Real ID Act of 2005 imposed federally mandated standards for statedriver's licenses. Under REAL ID licenses are to be.

7. Banned
    I've got a gold star on my license and didn't even ask for it... My Mom always told me I was special... Dan

8. Member
    I thought it was based on the truck, boat, rods, and baits you use.
    Praying for a Cure

9. Banned
    Ban all stars!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I got my new DL a couple days ago. I took my birth certificate and DD214 as this year i got the DL with the star on it to be able to go into Federal buildings. I waited 35 minutes and when i got to the counter they took my papers and asked me five questions about my driving history and citizenship all yes or no answers. Got my new license in about five minutes, no tests for anything else. 4 years ago i had to take a written 20 question test and an eye test. Pretty easy process here now, maybe too easy. No left lane question!!!!
    Stay out of the Left Lane

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    I get your point. I think the bigger problem is with Homeland Security. Homeland, Fatherland, Motherland...where have we heard those terms before? A friend pointed that out to me back on my bday in 2004 while we were standing around on the shit burning detail in Iraq.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

12. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    The star makes it easy to renew online.......unless you're 65 or older......then you have to go in person and do the eye test in GA.

I'm 69!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    ...and if you dump your boat in the water with nobody in it.
    LOL

I renewed mine on line, I need to pizz half a day away and show up in person.
    Get a star
    Have Veteran stamp
    new picture

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    The star makes it easy to renew online.......unless you're 65 or older......then you have to go in person and do the eye test in GA.

I'm 69!!!

Only if your a bonifide 4 wheeler in Iowa, professionals can renew on line. I renewed mine on line last year, @67

16. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I've got a gold star on my license and didn't even ask for it... My Mom always told me I was special... Dan

Archived video proof...

Who controls John Gill?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    It has nothing to do with being a Veteran. If you show your DD214 they will put Veteran on your License. I think by 2020 you will need the gold or black star to board domestic flights. It is a Federal ID so to speak. Not sure where the Holocaust comes in to play. Something else to be offended about i guess.

A gold star on your state drivers license means that you have yourself a REAL ID card. The Real ID Act of 2005 imposed federally mandated standards for statedriver's licenses. Under REAL ID licenses are to be.

They are rolling out the new drivers license out in Ky this year also. Here we have the option to keep the standard drivers license for $24 or the New one for $50. But if you keep the standard drivers license, if you have a US passport that will work also to board flights.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Archived video proof...

Now that's just mean... Which one of my family members gave you that video???... Dan

19. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    ...Which one of my family members gave you that video???... Dan

The one who's not especially fond of you.
    Who controls John Gill?

20. Member
    A tattoo is more permanent but I'm glad you got registered with the guberment.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire