Thread: Falcon reviews

Falcon reviews

Not a lot of info out there from current owners but I would like to hear from anyone running a Falcon, especially those who have had them for a few years. Any regrets, anything that is deal killer? I've heard they ride and perform great and only a few complaints here and there. I plan on upgrading from my current boat (Ranger RT198p) either later this season or early next and Falcon is on the list, as well as BassCat, Caymas and the new 20xp Triton. Wanting at least a 20' with a 225 (I realize Falcon doesn't make that boat) but most likely will be 20+ with the 250.

Thanks in advance

Reb

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    [QUOTE=Rebelkris76;13491236]Not a lot of info out there from current owners but I would like to hear from anyone running a Falcon, especially those who have had them for a few years. Any regrets, anything that is deal killer? I've heard they ride and perform great and only a few complaints here and there. I plan on upgrading from my current boat (Ranger RT198p) either later this season or early next and Falcon is on the list, as well as BassCat, Caymas and the new 20xp Triton. Wanting at least a 20' with a 225 (I realize Falcon doesn't make that boat) but most likely will be 20+ with the 250.

Thanks in advance

Reb[/QUOTE I have a 2022 Falcon F205 Hybrid with a Merc 250ProXS. The quality and performance is on par with the two Bass Cats and two Ranger 520Z that I've had in the past. The Bass cat maybe a little faster but I'm not interested in squeezing out the last few mph. I saved close to 20k over a Bass cat or Ranger of the same size by going with the F205 and customizing it to my preferences(12" Solix bow and console networked and interfaced with Merc smart gauge), stainless steel fenders, keel protector, foam rubber decking,and boarding ladder.If I went to either the TE or the Predator the savings started to disappear. The front and rear decks of the F205 are among the biggest, if not the biggest, in the industry. Top speed with the 23" Fury that 's standard is about 73. I've replaced the Fury with a 24" 4 blade Bravo to improve the hole shot as speed is not that important to me. Looking back have no regrets except that the gray foam rubber decking is hard to keep clean. If i had to do it over again I'd skip the Hybrid model and go with carpet.

Hey JayP - do you ever take the boat saltwater fishing?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    Hey JayP - do you ever take the boat saltwater fishing?
    NEVER! I had a Ranger 520Z intracoastal that I would launch from a ramp only 5 minutes away.Before i sold it, due to the corrosion caused by the salt water, I had to replace the entire trailer brake system to the tune of $1,500.After we lost all the seagrass in the lagoon( in our area) it just ain't worth it.Main reason for getting the Falcon Hybrid was the foam rubber decking. But as i mentioned in my comments above if I had to do it all over again I'd get the carpet as the foam rubber decking is hard to keep clean.

Interesting...I'm considering a hybrid model so that I can take it inshore fishing, as well as freshwater - as I predominantly fish for bass.

I might shoot you a PM so that I don't hi-jack OP's thread any worst than I already have.

Sorry OP!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles