Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Rolex Watches - Who has one and what did you buy?

I have been wearing a Tag Heuer for about 10 years. I am thinking of buying a Rolex watch (the BBC way - cash of course). What model did you buy and what made you decide on that model? The Submariner w/ date is probably my first choice but I am also looking at a Sea Dweller.
    Joey Aderhold

I just look at my Humminbird for the time.

3. Member
    I'm retired and don't care.

Had one given to me as a company reward. GMT Master II. While I would have never have gotten one for myself, I wear it with a sense of pride in a job well done. Not flashy and wear it everyday.
    First member of Kawasaki Outboard Prostaff

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I just look at my Humminbird for the time.
    +1

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Banned
    Most overrated thing I’ve ever saw. Just screams look at me. Lol.

7. Member
    A dumb thing to spend so much money are, but if you just have so much money that you don't know what to do with it all then I guess it's whatever floats ya boat. Bet Rolex owners still look at their phone to see what time it is.

8. Banned
    Got a 5.00 Casio somewhere. Took it off the day I retired. Never had a watch on since.

9. Member
    Some lady in a trenchcoat was selling them on the corner. Most people was buying the bushmaster, others were buying the two hills version. Police hauled her off. Guess they needed some time makers.
    Praying for a Cure

10. Member
    Wow...bunch of haters in here lol

No I don't own one...id rather have an Omega or a Breitling...neither of which I own but I'll have ne someday...I also don't have a 5k thermometer on my boat lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

11. Member
    If I were to have a rolex the Submariner would be my choice
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

12. Member
    I find it ironic that some bass fishermen are poo pooing on something that's overpriced, mostly unnecessary, and seen as a luxury.

Ie. new bass boat, power poles, talons, 3 graphs or more, 20-30+ rigs in the rod box, rods and reels that cost $200+ each and up to ?, yada, yada, yada. And before ya get butthurt or twisted, I am guilty of most of that.

To the OP, if I ever wore a watch and had the funds to buy one, it would be a submariner. Always thought they were sharp.
    2014 920/SHO

13. Member
    I have a Tag as well. To me it is as nice or as a fancy of a watch as I need. Anything more flashy is just for attenion.

14. Member
    Just know that they need to be serviced every 8 years or so and that service cost is over 800 dollars. Not sour grapes here my wife has one and it is a very nice watch, but I had no idea it would cost that much to have serviced. On a positive note, they guarantee the watch for five years after each service.

I would disagree with the comment that it is a dumb thing to spend that much money on. I got it for my wife for our twentieth anniversary. We are at 30 years now and I have got to see her wear and enjoy it for ten years. The watch has been worth every penny and the service costs as well as far as I am concerned.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Most overrated thing I’ve ever saw. Just screams look at me. Lol.
    So do bass boats with glitter flake. Lol

im not a jewelry guy so I have no input here

The last time I was in Turkey the guy was selling them for $20. I asked and said they were the real thing. Wouldn't come down to $10 so I left. Must be a helluva markup over here.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    I find it ironic that some bass fishermen are poo pooing on something that's overpriced, mostly unnecessary, and seen as a luxury.

Ie. new bass boat, power poles, talons, 3 graphs or more, 20-30+ rigs in the rod box, rods and reels that cost $200+ each and up to ?, yada, yada, yada. And before ya get butthurt or twisted, I am guilty of most of that.

To the OP, if I ever wore a watch and had the funds to buy one, it would be a submariner. Always thought they were sharp.
    No doubt

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfry View Post
    Just know that they need to be serviced every 8 years or so and that service cost is over 800 dollars. Not sour grapes here my wife has one and it is a very nice watch, but I had no idea it would cost that much to have serviced. On a positive note, they guarantee the watch for five years after each service.

I would disagree with the comment that it is a dumb thing to spend that much money on. I got it for my wife for our twentieth anniversary. We are at 30 years now and I have got to see her wear and enjoy it for ten years. The watch has been worth every penny and the service costs as well as far as I am concerned.
    Did the same for my wife on our 20th. She will have it the rest of her life and hopefully pass it on to one of our daughters someday. Pennies over a life time.

19. Member
    When I was young and loaded- prior to marriage and kids, I bought a day date and a submariner— no comparison to tag or omega— think Daiwa steez vs zebco 33. I wore them maybe 20x a piece, decided it was not for me. I’m gonna give them to my boys when they come of age

I use to have a ironman timex

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast