Anyone build a Taipan rod?

As title states, has anyone? The "double X core" reminds me of Shimano's "Spiral- X Core" or am I wrong? Interested in there Mag and Spinning blanks but just wanted any feedback if anyone has some. Thanks!

2. Member
    You do know that the helix wrap you are talking about has been made in the US blank market for 40+ years. Graphite USA now named United Composites has been making blanks you can drive over with a Ford Bronco. There are pictures. CTS has had a helix in their blanks for over 20+ years.

3. Member
    Never made any rods out of their blanks but all my rods are taipan. Love their rods. Very unique actions.
    Dan Mitchell
    2011 Stratos Champion Elite 202
    2021 Mercury Pro XS 225

4. Member
    This layup design was developed by the US Skunkworks back in the 50's, it is what is called now an aviation layup, the DHX dual Helix pattern came out early in carbon fiber rod development, the owner of the company had worked at Skunkworks back in the early days and later, before he retired, he helped with the development in CTS in New Zealand. DHX now called double X core design, how original is that?