Thread: Prayer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Atheist or Agnostic?

extra credit:

Or Agnostic Atheist?

Stay Hydrated...

and watch what You think.
    Atheist. Used to be agnostic atheist but really what’s the point?

mram, I’ll get a post together for you in the next couple days. Mostly on my phone this weekend and I hate typing more than a few sentences at a time with it.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    I'm glad you asked. I enjoy participating in this forum because it gets me out of my generally atheist bubble. It's a good way to see what others with differing views are thinking and saying. Most of the more active participants seem educated in Bible stuff so I like to read their opinions and views without falling into ad hominem attacks. And I think challenging them is a good thing and vice versa. I didn't think this was a strictly Christian forum. I understand a lot of people don't like their views being challenged.
    It is good to see that you take a position in your believes, and you are thoughtful enough to take in consideration other people's views, without being the typical trolls we have to deal with and their useless postings.
    If you are truly interested in having a polite conversation in discussing differences in believes, you are welcome, and I am sure the rest of the forum feels similarly.

Be safe and be well,

Frank

3. Member
    Atheist. Used to be agnostic atheist but really what’s the point?

mram, I’ll get a post together for you in the next couple days. Mostly on my phone this weekend and I hate typing more than a few sentences at a time with it.
    cool. Totally understand
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Banned
    but really what’s the point?

That is the 'extra credit' some, none here though, "may" NEED it to get the weight right...

Charon, the boatman of Hades has been known to work for the o.t.

5. Member
    I'm glad you asked. I enjoy participating in this forum because it gets me out of my generally atheist bubble. It's a good way to see what others with differing views are thinking and saying. Most of the more active participants seem educated in Bible stuff so I like to read their opinions and views without falling into ad hominem attacks. And I think challenging them is a good thing and vice versa. I didn't think this was a strictly Christian forum. I understand a lot of people don't like their views being challenged.

Hey rds, I have no problem or objection for you as an atheist to participate in the increasin our faith forum, there are some that will and do.

I am a monthly member at Dr. Bart Ehrmans website and read atheist material from time to time.

I prefer to read scholarship from agnostics and atheist, logical arguments ect. rather than drive-bye post using Ad homs such as the on line post you made ......

"whether a masterpiece or an abomination"​

God's mosaic is an abomination? Ok, defend that? Did he do something to you or your family you do not like? State it? Do you not like the Cosmos? state it. Do you think the bible contradicts your personal experience, view, I am good with that too, state your opinion rather than drive-byes is all I ask?

I don't think a one-word response, "abomination" about God is challenging anyone, do you?

When I have participated in dialogue with atheist or agnostics, I don't drive by............. I hang out a while :).

I think challenging Christians or any other religion is a good thing! see, we agree already :)

I do not think this is a Christian forum "only" either, but I do think my friend CajunBass probably had that intention 20 years ago when he started this forum. He will have to chime in to tell us his true intention.

I love my views to be challenged. It requires me to study more.

6. Member
    EveryBody talks to Hunab Ku (God)

LewStule,

I know that you and I have had our moments, but this video clears a lot of things about your peculiar ways redeeming you from troll status.

Thank you for having posted such great video, but I still think you need to get a dog instead of a cat.

7. Banned
    1919167_101213333235151_87672_n.jpg

Where would the cat sit?...

I was also unaware of the non-positive feelings, my apologies. I'd opine these feelings/energy would be greater if'n it was going 'both ways' but it isn't so it ain't..

Stay Hydrated...
    Last edited by LewStulePH.D.; 01-23-2022 at 03:07 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    First, we do not know if this factious woman had accepted Christ's gift of eternal life.

My experience and in many stories in the Bible people who are suffering from situations they cannot control actually draw closer to God than when they are fat and happy living a life largely free of problems.

So she likely held tight to God and trusted her soul to him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I have never had God speak to me audibly. He does speak to me through his Word the Bible and the Holy Spirit helps me to understand what I read. So yes, God speaks to me. It is up to me to be attentive and listen to what he reveals.
    I believe the individual posting about the imprisoned woman may be referring to the case that happen in Cleveland with other women freed there. All the individuals there had several personal issues with extensive records, which made their lengthy disappearance not as noticeable. Regardless, no one deserves any of this kind of treatment compounded by abuse and servitude, whether or not anyone had accepted Christ.

Ever imaging how POW's endured being in a pit or in some God's forsaken odious torture dungeon, which is the reason why I can't ever forgive Jane Fonda at her appearance with NVA's and Ho Chi Minh, who is probably now his bones are rattling in his grave knowing Vietnam is prosperous and our friend.
    Yet, God gives us a very detailed description of this horror in Genesis 37-45 with the first favored son of Jacob, Joseph, and the evil his half brothers did to him.
    What men intended for outmost evil, God creates and uses a perfect plan to bless everyone involved.

9. Member
    1919167_101213333235151_87672_n.jpg

Where would the cat sit?...

I was also unaware of the non-positive feelings, my apologies. I'd opine these feelings/energy would be greater if'n it was going 'both ways' but it isn't so it ain't..

Stay Hydrated...
    Nice Weimaraners, and great bird dogs. Used to hunt with a person that had 1, and I had a German Shorthair.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Nice Weimaraners, and great bird dogs. Used to hunt with a person that had 1, and I had a German Shorthair.

This is Mathias Geary:

254601339_10224192379615027_1170934388355019717_n.jpg

We got Him from the local Weimaraner Rescue, He is #4 from there. The Shelters are stuffed full, another tangent of Covid-19™. Matty points quite a bit at the dog park, mostly squirrels but also the balls. Very smart and I haven't found the Off button yet.. Chases BirdieMay who is from the Rescue and the friendliest dog I've ever been around.

255328694_10224192380655053_3471855320531131241_n.jpg

11. Member
    I believe the individual posting about the imprisoned woman may be referring to the case that happen in Cleveland with other women freed there. All the individuals there had several personal issues with extensive records, which made their lengthy disappearance not as noticeable. Regardless, no one deserves any of this kind of treatment compounded by abuse and servitude, whether or not anyone had accepted Christ.

Ever imaging how POW's endured being in a pit or in some God's forsaken odious torture dungeon, which is the reason why I can't ever forgive Jane Fonda at her appearance with NVA's and Ho Chi Minh, who is probably now his bones are rattling in his grave knowing Vietnam is prosperous and our friend.
    Yet, God gives us a very detailed description of this horror in Genesis 37-45 with the first favored son of Jacob, Joseph, and the evil his half brothers did to him.
    What men intended for outmost evil, God creates and uses a perfect plan to bless everyone involved.

12. Banned

If anyone would like to know why I ask questions, this statement would be the perfect example. I would be willing to make a large wager that a huge majority of people would not think of this situation, as God's blessing, and perfect plan for all involved.
    Last edited by rexico; 01-24-2022 at 04:28 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    If anyone would like to know why I ask questions, this statement would be the perfect example. I would be willing to make a large wager that a huge majority of people would not think of this situation, as God's blessing, and perfect plan for all involved.
    God does not promise a perfect plan and blessings to everyone, that I can find. He promised in romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who LOVE God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. No christian would wish this on anyone or defend castro.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    God does not promise a perfect plan and blessings to everyone, that I can find. He promised in romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who LOVE God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. No christian would wish this on anyone or defend castro.
    That was a quote from dig...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    mram,

In the even you were wondering why I did not reply to post which you took the time to reply, I believe that if you don't feed the troll it may eventually go away. I am sure that you noticed that what I posted contained detailed material that if one took the time to read and understand could learn to understand and accept the will of God.

I am glad for those that contribute to this forum, even though they have made their position and believes clear of not being Christians or have religious believes, so that we all may know the direction of their intent.

16. Member
    This is Mathias Geary:

254601339_10224192379615027_1170934388355019717_n.jpg

We got Him from the local Weimaraner Rescue, He is #4 from there. The Shelters are stuffed full, another tangent of Covid-19™. Matty points quite a bit at the dog park, mostly squirrels but also the balls. Very smart and I haven't found the Off button yet.. Chases BirdieMay who is from the Rescue and the friendliest dog I've ever been around.

255328694_10224192380655053_3471855320531131241_n.jpg
    All of our dogs have been adopted from a rescue that an acquaintance of our helps with fostering over the yrs.
    BTW, those dogs don't have an off button, so I hope you have some acreage for them to run.

my best to you
    Frank

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Rex…I agree with you. It is so difficult to see the good in all the horrible things that occur. That’s where our faith, as true Christians, comes into play….but remember, we all get the same heartaches and heartbreaks that everyone else gets. We aren’t immune to it. We just know that we will ultimately be in the presence of perfection where no evil or sickness exists.

I hope you are still making progress in your recovery. Get back on your feet quickly and post some pics of fish from Mexico.

18. Banned
    [QUOTE=digthemup;12294882]I believe the individual posting about the imprisoned woman may be referring to the case that happen in Cleveland with other women freed there. All the individuals there had several personal issues with extensive records, which made their lengthy disappearance not as noticeable. Regardless, no one deserves any of this kind of treatment compounded by abuse and servitude, whether or not anyone had accepted Christ.

"God creates and uses a perfect plan to bless everyone involved."
    Did you make that claim or am I mistaken?
    Are you speaking for most Christians?

19. Member
    [QUOTE=rexico;12296820]

"God creates and uses a perfect plan to bless everyone involved."
    Did you make that claim or am I mistaken?
    Are you speaking for most Christians?
    Because you are a troll-a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant,or other disruptive contents-, and really have NO desire to learn anything this forum has to offer is the reason why I have suggested to many to just not waste their time with you.

Time to go back into your cave to live out your days.
    Last edited by digthemup; 01-24-2022 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

20. Member
    mram,

In the even you were wondering why I did not reply to post which you took the time to reply, I believe that if you don't feed the troll it may eventually go away. I am sure that you noticed that what I posted contained detailed material that if one took the time to read and understand could learn to understand and accept the will of God.

I am glad for those that contribute to this forum, even though they have made their position and believes clear of not being Christians or have religious believes, so that we all may know the direction of their intent.
    Nothing aimed at you. Just hoping rexico gets his question answered, regardless of what he does with the info given

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast