Thread: Prayer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Can a painter make strokes on his canvas, without being questioned? Or does he need permission from the canvas or the paint?
    Good analogy.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    You still owe me an answer but continue pressing for answers from others.

The outstanding question was and is why are most of your posts designed around questioning the Sovereignty of God? Surely you are not at a loss for words to answer this simple direct question.
    First of all, I know I am not going to change your mind, and the questions are not an attempt to. I can be convinced, given intelligent responses. When I am meet with silence, anger, insults and or ever what you would call your state of mind is, I wonder why? You ask about Sovereignty, I don't know. I can think of a lot of questions. What I do know is my SS teacher, 60 yrs ago when I was 8 or 10 yrs old, responses, was just like the responses I get here. When you ask questions, that are met with silence or anger, how do you react? Would that make you more curious? Are your feelings directed at the question, or the questioner?
    Last edited by rexico; 01-19-2022 at 05:19 AM.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    These are questions, that we as christians should be able to answer for the lost. Definitely not easy but please realize your two options are not the only options available. First, her free will has nothing to do with the choices of others. She obviously did not choose this. The wicked guy did and he will stand before God and be accountable. John 9:31 says, "Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him."
    Thanks for the response, much appreciated. answers that are based on your opinion are more helpful than more bible verses.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    First of all, I know I am not going to change your mind, and the questions are not an attempt to. I can be convinced, given intelligent responses. When I am meet with silence, anger, insults and or ever what you would call your state of mind is, I wonder why? You ask about Sovereignty, I don't know. I can think of a lot of questions. What I do know is my SS teacher, 60 yrs ago when I was 8 or 10 yrs old, responses, was just like the responses I get here. When you ask questions, that are met with silence or anger, how do you react? Would that make you more curious? Are your feelings directed at the question, or the questioner?
    I understand your frustration when you get silence since you have been silent on the questions.

The opinions you seek are formed by reading the Bible verses you do not want to hear or see quoted.

As far as silence, anger, and insults are your interpretation not based on my feelings.

All I have asked is for your motive in questioning the Sovereignty of God. If you can find anger, silence, and insults in that question then you must have an overactive imagination as none of those adjectives fit my state of mind.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 01-20-2022 at 08:26 AM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

5. Banned
    EveryBody talks to Hunab Ku (God)

6. Member
    Thanks for the response, much appreciated. answers that are based on your opinion are more helpful than more bible verses.
    I appreciate your questions because it sharpens us christians. We don't have all the answers which is why I go to verses. My opinions aren't important because they won't help you. God's Word can help. We all go thru horrible things in life that are hard to understand why they are allowed. God promises that And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose(romans 8:28) I don't know of a promise for those that don't. A great example is the disciples being murdered in extremely painful ways. It worked together for "good" because their deaths prove the story of Jesus was true. Why else would you be crucified upside down if all you had to do was say, "we made it up!"?
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    So when the woman is rescued after 20 yrs of being chained in the basement, raped, and sexually abused, was this Gods plan for her, or was she reaping what she sowed?
    God answers all who respond to His word and seek Him. Many questions could be asked here as to whether the woman was a God fearing individual or not but in all honesty those who seek and believe in God our father will abide in Him. It doesn't prevent bad from happening to us but if we turn to Him in our hour of need, He will judge our heart and render us from it. I may be killed by someone but if I believe in Jesus I am saved. Is death bad for me if I am saved, I believe not. It's a blessing to be here but for those who believe it's a greater blessing to be gone.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    God answers all who respond to His word and seek Him. Many questions could be asked here as to whether the woman was a God fearing individual or not but in all honesty those who seek and believe in God our father will abide in Him. It doesn't prevent bad from happening to us but if we turn to Him in our hour of need, He will judge our heart and render us from it. I may be killed by someone but if I believe in Jesus I am saved. Is death bad for me if I am saved, I believe not. It's a blessing to be here but for those who believe it's a greater blessing to be gone.
    Do you think the woman gave up on God, say around yr. number 9 or 10?
    Does God speak to you?

9. Member
    Do you think the woman gave up on God, say around yr. number 9 or 10?
    Does God speak to you?
    First, we do not know if this ficticous woman had accepted Christ's gift of eternal life.

My experience and in many stories in the Bible people who are suffering from situations they cannot control actually draw closer to God than when they are fat and happy living a life largely free of problems.

So she likely held tight to God and trusted her soul to him.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I have never had God speak to me audibly. He does speak to me through his Word the Bible and the Holy Spirit helps me to understand what I read. So yes, God speaks to me. It is up to me to be attentive and listen to what he reveals.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 01-21-2022 at 06:23 PM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

10. Member
    First, we do not know if this fictuous woman had accepted Christ's gift of eternal life.

My experience and in many stories in the Bible people who are suffering from situations they cannot control actually draw closer to God than when they are fat and happy living a life largely free of problems.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I have never had God speak to me audibly. He does speak to me through his Word the Bible and the Holy Spirit helps me to understand what I read. So yes, God speaks to me. It is up to me to be attentive and listen to what he reveals.
    Well said!

Can a painter make strokes on his canvas, without being questioned? Or does he need permission from the canvas or the paint?
    The painter accepts responsibility for their art; whether a masterpiece or an abomination.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    The painter accepts responsibility for their art; whether a masterpiece or an abomination.
    So true….Praise God for His Grace to forgive us of our abominations. If we choose to accept His Grace, our abominations become masterpieces in His eyes.

13. Member
    Artwork does not have free will. We do. We can choose not to be an "abomination" to others. Yes, we all sin, but we don't all become terrors to others. Not comparable

14. Member
    First, we do not know if this fictuous woman had accepted Christ's gift of eternal life.

Well said

15. Member

I just did a Google search............. I think Google's top add/findings disagrees with you (I did not go to that terrible Bible which you seem to find unacceptable, thats ok with me too). Here it is:

People also ask

What is the artist responsibility?

An artist is not responsible for the experience that the viewer has. ...

And neither is God (the artist), he is Sovereign, his creation is not. He is the maker, we are not. He does things I do not understand, he allows things I do not understand. He is the artist, I am not, I am willing to accept whatever the artist decides ( I have no other option LOL he is sovereign).

I do not subscribe to the "free will non-sense" that has been espoused on this this thread or any other.
    Houstong will understand this........... We are Army Men.

I do not know you, nor do you know me. I do not know what you have been through in this life and you do not know what I have been through.

I am willing to accept the things that have occurred to me or my family or my friends because I accept the sovereignty of God and I heard his Gospel one day and accepted it, all who accept his Gospel will be OK in the end.

If you do not believe in the Gospel, I am not sure why you are participating in an "increasin our faith forum" ?

I wish you the best, and I hope your hatred towards God will be settled before you shed your earthly tent.

Last edited by godsdozer; 01-20-2022 at 09:19 PM.

I just did a Google search............. I think Google's top add/findings disagrees with you (I did not go to that terrible Bible which you seem to find unacceptable, thats ok with me too). Here it is:

People also ask

What is the artist responsibility?

An artist is not responsible for the experience that the viewer has. ...

And neither is God (the artist), he is Sovereign, his creation is not. He is the maker, we are not. He does things I do not understand, he allows things I do not understand. He is the artist, I am not, I am willing to accept whatever the artist decides ( I have no other option LOL he is sovereign).

I do not subscribe to the "free will non-sense" that has been espoused on this this thread or any other.
    Houstong will understand this........... We are Army Men.

I do not know you, nor do you know me. I do not know what you have been through in this life and you do not know what I have been through.

I am willing to accept the things that have occurred to me or my family or my friends because I accept the sovereignty of God and I heard his Gospel one day and accepted it, all who accept his Gospel will be OK in the end.

If you do not believe in the Gospel, I am not sure why you are participating in an "increasin our faith forum" ?

I wish you the best, and I hope your hatred towards God will be settled before you shed your earthly tent.

I'm glad you asked. I enjoy participating in this forum because it gets me out of my generally atheist bubble. It's a good way to see what others with differing views are thinking and saying. Most of the more active participants seem educated in Bible stuff so I like to read their opinions and views without falling into ad hominem attacks. And I think challenging them is a good thing and vice versa. I didn't think this was a strictly Christian forum. I understand a lot of people don't like their views being challenged.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

17. Banned
    I didn't think this was a strictly Christian forum. I understand a lot of people don't like their views being challenged.

Then how 'true' can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    EveryBody talks to Hunab Ku (God)

I had not heard that tune. Thanks
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

19. Member
    I'm glad you asked. I enjoy participating in this forum because it gets me out of my generally atheist bubble. It's a good way to see what others with differing views are thinking and saying. Most of the more active participants seem educated in Bible stuff so I like to read their opinions and views without falling into ad hominem attacks. And I think challenging them is a good thing and vice versa. I didn't think this was a strictly Christian forum. I understand a lot of people don't like their views being challenged.
    Rds, i would love for you to start a thread about what led you to atheism. I have a lot of questions :) glad you're here

20. Banned
    Atheist or Agnostic?

extra credit:

Or Agnostic Atheist?

Stay Hydrated...

and watch what You think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast