Thumbs Up 2024 Megabass Orochi X10 IN STOCK @ The Tackle Trap!

The 2024 Megabass Orochi X10 rods are in stock at The Tackle Trap! I've had the opportunity to fish most of these rods and there are some fantastic rods in this series. 10 casting models and 3 spinning models make up this new line up with rods for everything from finesse to big bait fishing. As always, they are absolutely stunning in person and the actions are Megabass unique and finely tuned. Check out the links below for detailed descriptions on each model. Thank you all for the support over the years and feel free to reach out with any questions.

2024 Megabass Orochi X10 Casting Rods
    2024 Megabass Orochi X10 Spinning Rods

Last edited by Bronzefly; 05-04-2024 at 05:56 AM.

Gary, I am gonna go broke lol! Oh man!

3. Member
    Gary, in your opinion, what are potentially going to be the standouts in the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDLTH View Post
    Gary, I am gonna go broke lol! Oh man!
    Don't do that! Just pick a couple to start with

Quote Originally Posted by MidTNFisherman View Post
    Gary, in your opinion, what are potentially going to be the standouts in the lineup?
    There are so many good rods in this series, but a few of the ones that really stuck out to me for the way I like to fish are the Swamp Survivor, the 66 Destruction, the Jabberwock, the Rapid Viper, and the Jade Python on the spinning side.

5. Member
    Hey Gary, what techniques are you using the Jabberwock for or have you tried? Description seems like a jack of all trades moving bait rod from jerkbaits and crankbaits all the way to bladed jigs. So that's a lot of wiggle room there.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    Hey Gary, what techniques are you using the Jabberwock for or have you tried? Description seems like a jack of all trades moving bait rod from jerkbaits and crankbaits all the way to bladed jigs. So that's a lot of wiggle room there.
    I really like the feel of the Jabberwock. It has a longer handle and thinner blank than the Super Elseil. It will definitely handle a lot of treble hook moving bait applications. I liked the Rapid Viper a lot for the 110, but I like a lighter rod than most for that bait. This one will suit a lot of guys who like the 110, the 1.2 sized S-Crank is a good fit, Deep-X 200, DT-6, that kind of thing. It is designed for versatility, and on the bladed jig side, it reminds me of a P5 Blade with less power. I didn't throw a 1/2 oz Jack Hammer on it, but I think that would be pushing the upper limit for how I like to fish that bait. I expect it to be an amazing Pop-Max and similar top water rod as well.

7. Member
    I thought I had my rods all set for the season, oh no!

8. Member
    Gary, how do these compare to the P5 rods in general, and maybe specfically the P5 Super Destroyer vs the new Bearing Down if you've fished that one?

Quote Originally Posted by heelamonster View Post
    Gary, how do these compare to the P5 rods in general, and maybe specfically the P5 Super Destroyer vs the new Bearing Down if you've fished that one?
    The X10 Bearing Down is one of only a couple of these I haven't fished, so I can't offer a direct comparison there yet. In general, the new X10 blanks feel great. They feature more traditional Japan style lengths, actions, and powers. The new reel seat is a noticeable difference as is the more curved cork of the rear grip on all but the three heaviest power rods. Those three have the straight tapered cork grip and a different reel seat than all the shorter casting rods. Overall, the X10 series fits in nicely between P5 and XX and is priced accordingly.

10. Member
    Does the Jade Python have a hook keeper and if so where is it located? Thanks

11. Member
    Great looking rods Gary.!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    Does the Jade Python have a hook keeper and if so where is it located? Thanks
    Like most Megabass rods, they do not have hook keepers installed from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by clayshooter View Post
    Great looking rods Gary.!!
    Yes they are!!

Shipping will begin on Monday, April 15th!!

A couple models are now sold out! The feedback is coming in strong on these new X10 rods. Megabass has hit another home run with this high quality, high performance, visually stunning rod family!